SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

ichso 06-04-09 01:22 PM

Sry if this was asked here before, but I couldn't find anything that fits.

I'm having a slight problem with the 3D model viewer. If I activate the diffuse or occlusion map, the whole model will be displayed in black instead of showing the correct texture.

This applies to some models, not to all. The textures show up in the game for all models but for some they don't in S3D.

Thanks in advance, i.

EDIT: Don't worry, I seem to have answered the question by myself. I found out that some of the submarines had differing name structures for their textures.
Like the gato (which was already working i s3d) had NSS_Gato_T0x.dds while the s-18 had NSS_S18_body_T0x.dds. So I renamed the latter ones to NSS_S18_T0x.dds and it now works in S3D too.

asanovic7 06-09-09 09:37 AM

know I must be getting boring

But I have to praise this program once more, I don't even use museum, I have s3d.
Everything so easy to use, simple, perfect..

I open 5 files, delete 5 things from those 5 files, test it ingame, if I am not satisfied come out, apply undo for every file, perfect..

Skwasjer..
:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

skwasjer 06-10-09 12:44 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

I was wanting to say this for some time now, but hoped I wouldn't have to. Unfortunately, now I do have to inform everyone I will be abandoning the S3D-project. Due to difficulties in my personal life for the past months I was unable to do any work on S3D, and things have gotten worse for me the past week. I do not feel like dropping my personal issues on a public forum, but simply put I just need to move on with my life in a new way.

I have deep regret that I am unable to release the final version of S3D, as it had some interesting new features. Therefor I will try to deliver the last beta I released to private testers (back in January) in a couple of weeks, so that everyone can use the latest version available.

I want to thank everyone for their support in the past 2 years while I worked on S3D, especially to the guys at kickinbak, I want to thank those that donated, and obviously Neal/Subsim for providing a place to discuss and hang out.

Enjoy S3D!

Kind regards,

skwas

ichso 06-10-09 02:24 AM

Uh ... I'm sorry to read that. Don't be worried about us, personal life always comes first.

Thanks for your great efforts in any regard and good luck with whatever went wrong for you. And of course, feel free to come back any time it feels appropriate again to you.

i.

DarkFish 06-10-09 07:00 AM

aww... sorry to hear this.:wah: but however much we'd all love the final release, we mustn't be selfish, your personal life is much more important than us being able to mod a few more functions.
I want to thank you for the massive amount of work you must have put into S3D. Without it many mods wouldn't have been what they are. All in all, S3D is something you should be very proud of.

Looking forward to the beta.

heel veel geluk in je prive-leven, ik hoop dat alles nog goed komt!

polyfiller 06-10-09 08:07 AM

Skwas - really sorry to hear about your problems - I hope you get them sorted and wish you better luck in the future.

Do you want me to release the Beta version by posting on filefront ?

keltos01 06-10-09 11:39 AM

I'm really sad to hear that but RL first !

I can't begin to thank you for all the help you provided our community and myself personnally, our mods wouldn't be what they are without you :yeah:

I intend to add a tribute to you and your work in all my coming mods.

take care,

keltos

Madox58 06-10-09 06:55 PM

Skwas,

You've done an OUTSTANDING job!
I Salute your time and efforts.

I wish you the Very Best at everything you do.
Gods Speed Mate!
:salute:

Regards,
Jeff

Carotio 06-11-09 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer (Post 1115126)
especially to the guys at kickinbak

Where I sent you a cheer up :03:

Quote:

Enjoy S3D!
I think everybody does :yep:
And a big THANK YOU for that :yeah:

LukeFF 06-12-09 12:55 AM

Your legacy will carry on, Skwas. :yep:

peabody 06-12-09 02:42 PM

Skwasjer,
Thank you for all you have done, and good luck !!! I hope this is only a temporary setback and things work out. Best wishes!!!

Peabody

Mush Martin 06-26-09 05:42 PM

I am a bit late.

:salute:

Wow what a grievous loss to the community.

The Best of Luck and the Best of Life.
M.:|\\

keltos01 06-30-09 12:04 PM

skwasjer...

I made a new Narwhal model, but when I try to import it in s3d it says :

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9104/46176610.jpg

do you know why ?

thanks

keltos

DarkFish 06-30-09 01:10 PM

not sure but it seems there's something wrong with the uv map.
It says there are too many texture coordinates, so I guess either the model has so many texture coordinates S3D can't handle it or there are more texture coordinates than there are vertices.
Try resaving the model, sometimes when I import a model S3D gives an error until I resave the model.

keltos01 06-30-09 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFish (Post 1126485)
not sure but it seems there's something wrong with the uv map.
It says there are too many texture coordinates, so I guess either the model has so many texture coordinates S3D can't handle it or there are more texture coordinates than there are vertices.
Try resaving the model, sometimes when I import a model S3D gives an error until I resave the model.

tried... gave the same screen...

first time ever this happened to me !

keltos

ensign bob 07-02-09 08:34 PM

dict.tu-chemntiz.deDe <> EnDe >> EnEn >> DeEnglishDeutschProverbs (En)Sprueche (De)

Excellent work on the editor works great. thanks for your efforts

Silverwolf 07-02-09 08:54 PM

To keltos01, I ran into that same problem when importing another sub I've been working on. (Not the Blackwolf) I also ran into a too many triangle error. from what I can tell it's probably an importing cap so you don't import more than S3d can handle. There are two ways to solve the problem.

1. break the ship up into separate parts so the texture coords are less.
2. use the UV map for the texture and bake the AO map from it.

The texture coordinates I got my sub down to so I could finally import just the hull was 53,242.

Sledgehammer427 07-04-09 03:11 AM

great time to have a problem

I am doing some modification to a .dat file, and whenever I try to add a 3d model to a node as a child node it just drops it to the bottom where its useless, and I can't import it because it says it is not associated with a parent node. but i added that 3d model as a child node and when I collapse the node, you can still see the 3d model child node?

Help?

Edit: okay, it will let me copy/paste into another node, but sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't?

DarkFish 07-04-09 06:56 AM

you must link the parent node to the child 3d node instead of the other way around.
Select the parent node, in the right screen open the 'Linked 3d model' section. Now in the 'Model Id' box paste the ID of the 3d model. They should be connected now.

DarkFish 07-04-09 07:09 AM

I've got a problem myself too, when using (semi-)transparent textures. In S3D everything looks as it should, but in game the colors get all messed up:
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/badcol-1.jpg
the texture used by this model is just a plain texture, RGB 167;167;255, alpha 128, but depending on the models orientation the color changes.
It should be possible to have semi-transparent textures, look at the flying dutchman for example, that one hasn't got any rainbow effect.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it working?