SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2021-24 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248184)

mapuc 01-22-21 05:16 PM

< What is that or who is it you keep on saying(writing)?

Markus

Sonicfire1981 01-22-21 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2723812)
< What is that or who is it you keep on saying(writing)?

Markus

I think they make guitars. or lingerie? Chocolate? Motorbikes?
Anyways, I think the message is: it's going to be an interesting year.

Sonicfire1981 01-22-21 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2723784)
Obama is out-Lost to Biden.

Markus

shame. Obama was so much better as president as Biden could ever be.

u crank 01-22-21 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2723814)
shame. Obama was so much better as president as Biden could ever be.

Now you're just making stuff up.

:D

Catfish 01-22-21 05:30 PM

Find the worm

https://i.imgur.com/vkgdgLCl.jpg

bstanko6 01-22-21 05:33 PM

Sonicfire...

We can agree on that. I hated Obama for destroying the economy. But I would take him in a heartbeat. He’s not a racist.

Sonicfire1981 01-22-21 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2723815)
Now you're just making stuff up.

:D

It's true. I have no idea how Biden will fare as a president.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2723819)
Sonicfire...

We can agree on that. I hated Obama for destroying the economy. But I would take him in a heartbeat. He’s not a racist.

Can you back this with numbers? because (after removing years 2009 & 2020), the average GDP growth per Year in the US is slightly higher in Obama era. Unemployment went from 10& - 4.7% under Obama and slightly continued that trend. US Home prices went up after Obama. So what are you refering to, specifically?

EDIT: also - was he really not? Obama condemned those who were proudest of what they thought was their race. That's pretty racist.

FeatsOfStrength 01-22-21 07:41 PM

Quote:

Sonicfire...

How did Obama destroy the economy? Obama inherited the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression from Bush's administration on assuming office. Most of Trump's economic gains were merely the result of Obama's policies to rebuild the economy after said crisis. We haven't even seen the fallout of Trump's economic policies yet, they're in the post though and it'll make recovering from Covid all that more harder. Trump ran up the largest deficit in US history.

Rockstar 01-22-21 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeatsOfStrength (Post 2723857)
How did Obama destroy the economy? Obama inherited the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression from Bush's administration on assuming office. Most of Trump's economic gains were merely the result of Obama's policies to rebuild the economy after said crisis. We haven't even seen the fallout of Trump's economic policies yet, they're in the post though and it'll make recovering from Covid all that more harder. Trump ran up the largest deficit in US history.

Oh my. that is the most frequently used canned answer seen on the internet when anyone argues over the state of the economy. Only the names change. :har:

bstanko6 01-22-21 07:54 PM

GDP is higher because of Trump.

How about Biden hearing about the national guard being packed into a parking garage in the open to sleep and not doing anything about it!!!

Commander in Chief huh?

BIDEN IS NOT FIT TO LEAD!

ET2SN 01-22-21 07:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMshlxYKhDM

:hmmm:

bstanko6 01-22-21 08:02 PM

Beau is the reason cousins are not allowed to marry!

FeatsOfStrength 01-22-21 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2723860)
GDP is higher because of Trump.

How about Biden hearing about the national guard being packed into a parking garage in the open to sleep and not doing anything about it!!!

Commander in Chief huh?

BIDEN IS NOT FIT TO LEAD!

Why were the National Guard even in DC?

..nothing to do with the POTUS who incited a mob to attack the Capitol i'm sure, the one who built his premiership on lies and conspiracies.

I for one will be glad to see an adult in charge. Even though I don't agree with most of Biden's agenda I can appreciate that he's not a base coward obsessed with his own ego, a coward who didn't bother making a plan for vaccine distribution in the middle of a pandemic because his conspiracies and "ratings" were more important than American lives.

**** that guy, and anyone who still supports him.

ET2SN 01-22-21 08:06 PM

But he speaks well about you. :yep:

MaDef 01-22-21 08:18 PM

Quote:

Sonicfire...

Are you sure about that?
From Henry Louis Gates Jr's arrest in 2009 to the "Charleston church massacre in 2015", Obama's responses to such incidents did more to foment racial tension, then diffuse it. BLM came to national prominence because of Obama's anemic response to the complaints of the Black community over perceived racial incidents in policing.