SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   No Flag on US boats mod? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231006)

Rikk Von Westhoff 04-23-17 04:20 PM

No Flag on US boats mod?

Is there a 'No Stern Flag' on US boats mod? I've been through a lot of mod pages and can't seem to locate one. Not being remotely unpatriotic (USAF '70s), but it just looks a bit, well... cartoonish.

Thanks shipmates!

Rick
:subsim:

ETR3(SS) 04-23-17 05:34 PM

As far as I know the stock game doesn't have flags of any sort on the boats. What mods are you using?

Bubblehead1980 04-23-17 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikk Von Westhoff (Post 2480351)
Is there a 'No Stern Flag' on US boats mod? I've been through a lot of mod pages and can't seem to locate one. Not being remotely unpatriotic (USAF '70s), but it just looks a bit, well... cartoonish.

Thanks shipmates!

Rick
:subsim:

I agree, not a big fan of the flags flying while on patrol. I assume you are running TMO? I'll Gato as example:

Deactivate the mod via JSGME Then Go to your main SH 4 folder. Go to data/submarine/Gato. Open the . EQP file with notepad scroll down until you see the text below.

Scroll down to section 19, place semi colons in front of each part of the section as you see below if do not want either flag.Save as, overwrite. Enable mod via JSGME. Go fire up a patrol and flag should be gone.If wish to have either one back simply remove the semicolons.

Unfortunately, will have to repeat this process for EACH submarine.Also, not every sub's flag is in section 19, so will have to locate it in the . EQP file and repeat the process, worth it though.Good luck.

;[Equipment 19]
;NodeName=I08
;LinkName=SubFlag_US
;StartDate=19410101
;EndDate=19600631

;[Equipment 19]
;NodeName=I08
;LinkName=SubFlag_Pirate
;StartDate=19410101
;EndDate=19600631
;************ The End ************

Rikk Von Westhoff 04-23-17 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2480359)
What mods are you using?

FOTRS Ultimate Mega Mod

Rikk Von Westhoff 04-23-17 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2480387)
I agree, not a big fan of the flags flying while on patrol. I assume you are running TMO? I'll Gato as example:

Deactivate the mod via JSGME Then Go to your main SH 4 folder. Go to data/submarine/Gato. Open the . EQP file with notepad scroll down until you see the text below.

Scroll down to section 19, place semi colons in front of each part of the section as you see below if do not want either flag.Save as, overwrite. Enable mod via JSGME. Go fire up a patrol and flag should be gone.If wish to have either one back simply remove the semicolons.

Unfortunately, will have to repeat this process for EACH submarine.Also, not every sub's flag is in section 19, so will have to locate it in the . EQP file and repeat the process, worth it though.Good luck.

;[Equipment 19]
;NodeName=I08
;LinkName=SubFlag_US
;StartDate=19410101
;EndDate=19600631

;[Equipment 19]
;NodeName=I08
;LinkName=SubFlag_Pirate
;StartDate=19410101
;EndDate=19600631
;************ The End ************

THANK YOU! MUCH BETTER!:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: