SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

CaptJulius 12-30-18 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2583912)
Dear mates: I request a little help. The optics of this oldie chap are failing to find in this thread the post about how to change the underwater visibility in TWoS. I know there is a post somewhere here, but I canīt find it....:Kaleun_Binocular:

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Hi! This could help http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=170

CaptJulius 12-30-18 10:00 AM

So status update on my CTD search , ive changed JSGME SH5 and KSDCommander exes to Windows 7 compatibility and set all to run as administrator , so far played 3-4 hours no CTD. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Now i have another couple of questions if u guys dont mind answering , is it a common bug that in Exterior view when i torpedo an enemy ship i cant hear after explosions and fire sounds? i only hear torpedo impact explosion and sinking sound and thats it .. no fires sound nothing.. i only see flames .. :06: In SH3 for example i hear all sounds perfectly?

And why i cant see 3D Torpedo damage on enemy ships when i torpedo them ? i have option selected :hmmm:

gap 12-30-18 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583940)
is it a common bug that in Exterior view when i torpedo an enemy ship i cant hear after explosions and fire sounds? i only hear torpedo impact explosion and sinking sound and thats it .. no fires sound nothing.. i only see flames .. :06: In SH3 for example i hear all sounds perfectly?

I can be wrong, veteran SH5 players might correct me on that, but I think that what you described is not a bug but lack of feature. If that was the case, adding a sound to the fire effect shouldn't be too complicated.

Quote:

And why i cant see 3D Torpedo damage on enemy ships when i torpedo them ? i have option selected :hmmm:

Only native GR2 units have 3D damage. Dat-format ships imported from SHIV or SHIII use damage decals instead. If you hit one of them, you will only see 2D damage, or nothing at all.

fitzcarraldo 12-30-18 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583937)

Yes!!!! As ever, TheBerbster has the answer!

Many thanks, Herr Kaleun, for thsi link!

CaptJulius 12-30-18 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2583947)
I can be wrong, veteran SH5 players might correct me on that, but I think that what you described is not a bug but lack of feature. If that was the case, adding a sound to the fire effect shouldn't be too complicated.

Only native GR2 units have 3D damage. Dat-format ships imported from SHIV or SHIII use damage decals instead. If you hit one of them, you will only see 2D damage, or nothing at all.

But there are clearly fire sound files in Sounds folder like Fire_catastrophic , Fire_medium , Ship Fire 1.
Explosion sounds are also here like Secondary_Explosion_Large , Secondary_Explosion_Small , P16_#oil_explosion , P17_@ref_bomb_explosion and many many more but i cant hear them in game :k_confused:

gap 12-30-18 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583949)
But there are clearly fire sound files in Sounds folder like Fire_catastrophic , Fire_medium , Ship Fire 1.
Explosion sounds are also here like Secondary_Explosion_Large , Secondary_Explosion_Small , P16_#oil_explosion , P17_@ref_bomb_explosion and many many more but i cant hear them in game :k_confused:

Yes, you are right, I am not sure about having heard fire sounds before (there are things that you don't pay attention to until they get broken and you start missing them), but definitely explosion effect should be accompanied by sounds. Did they stop working suddenly, or they never worked for you? Some sounds stop playing properly after you minimize the game, but they return normal after you save/reload the game. Might that be your case?

fitzcarraldo 12-30-18 12:18 PM

Quote:

So status update on my CTD search , ive changed JSGME SH5 and KSDCommander exes to Windows 7 compatibility and set all to run as administrator , so far played 3-4 hours no CTD. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Now i have another couple of questions if u guys dont mind answering , is it a common bug that in Exterior view when i torpedo an enemy ship i cant hear after explosions and fire sounds? i only hear torpedo impact explosion and sinking sound and thats it .. no fires sound nothing.. i only see flames .. :06: In SH3 for example i hear all sounds perfectly?

This is yes or yes. KSD and JSGME MUST work in compatibility W7 or WXP mode, and with administrator rights. Also, SH5.exe works well with W10, but with administrator rights.

Respect the sounds: from periscopes, it is realistic for me do not hear fire sounds. Explosions and sinking sounds, yes. But flames, with the wind and you submerged, itīs OK for me doesnīt hear the fire.
But if you aproximate the damaged ship and donīt hear the flames, surfaced, it is a another problem.

Regards.

vdr1981 12-30-18 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2583735)
Dear Vecko: I want to salute you :Kaleun_Salute: for the very deserved Award received, and for your constant work on TWoS, making SH5 the best Uboat subsim available today. And the resurrection of the badass SH5 didnīt was a joke!

Also for all the awarded members, and for all the modders who contributed to the loooong list of mods included in TWoS.

Congratulations and a salvo of four torpedoes for you! Eel, loss!!!! Eel loss!! Eel loss!!! Eel loss!!! :Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud:

Wow! :o I've realize this just now! Thank to all who have voted for TWoS and to all who haven't. Thanks ALL! :salute::subsim::salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583814)
Hi! so i disabled Shorter External Transfer Cooldown and Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds , deleted all previous saves , (just got to Happy Times) started new patrol from base left Wilhelmshaven 1940-06-15ish everything is fine but after cruising longer and talking to crew i got CTD again when i spoke to XO , tried it twice to be exact .. same results , have no idea why. :06:

TWoS Campaign Start_Type VIIB
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_Auto Target ID

I tried to reproduce your problem but I couldn't. Started new HT campaign, sailed for 7-8 days and all the dialogs from all crew members worked without problems or CTDs...
I'd recommend full game re installation and a fresh campaign start. :yep:

Happy new year! :salute:

gap 12-30-18 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2583979)
Wow! :o I've realize this just now! Thank to all who have voted for TWoS and to all who haven't. Thanks ALL! :salute::subsim::salute:

It's about time to update that loading screen with the new patch. If you keep winning subsim awards at this pace, soon there won't be any space for the TWoS and SH5 logos on it :doh: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2583979)
Happy new year! :salute:

Happy new year to you too mate :salute:

vdr1981 12-30-18 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2583985)
It's about time to update that loading screen with the new patch. If you keep winning subsim awards at this pace, soon there won't be any space for the TWoS and SH5 logos on it :doh: :D

Happy new year to you too mate :salute:

:D:D:up::up::subsim::woot::woot:

CaptJulius 12-30-18 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2583957)
Yes, you are right, I am not sure about having heard fire sounds before (there are things that you don't pay attention to until they get broken and you start missing them), but definitely explosion effect should be accompanied by sounds. Did they stop working suddenly, or they never worked for you? Some sounds stop playing properly after you minimize the game, but they return normal after you save/reload the game. Might that be your case?

I never minimize SH5 cuz i know sounds get bugged out to oblivion , but about missing fire and explosion sounds ive just tested exterior view of ship sinking as usual no sound of flames and secondary explosions....

vdr1981 12-30-18 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583998)
I never minimize SH5 cuz i know sounds get bugged out to oblivion , but about missing fire and explosion sounds ive just tested exterior view of ship sinking as usual no sound of flames and secondary explosions....

I don't think that flames can be heard as well, but secondary explosions yes, they can be heard after some time...Usually when ship a ship is sinking slowly. No big deal IMO anyway, to be honest. It also depends which ship type have been sunk. Imported ships are probably missing those sounds.

CaptJulius 12-30-18 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2584001)
I don't think that flames can be heard as well, but secondary explosions yes, they can be heard after some time...Usually when ship a ship is sinking slowly. No big deal IMO anyway, to be honest. It also depends which ship type have been sunk. Imported ships are probably missing those sounds.

Oh well.. glad to know im not alone missing these sounds then. :doh:
By the way is there any way to attach these sounds to imported ships ?
Happy new year :subsim:

vdr1981 12-30-18 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2584005)
Oh well.. glad to know im not alone missing these sounds then. :doh:
By the way is there any way to attach these sounds to imported ships ?
Happy new year :subsim:

There is a way for everything, we only need some time and will...:yep:

Seaowl 12-31-18 10:04 AM

Hi Vecko!

Many thanks to you and all involved modders for creating this awesome modpack.
Love the feeling of being lost at see in a vulnerable steeltube.

Real navigation is a cool unique feature, just as is the enigmaencryption.
I like it, that sighting of ships is seldom. My hydrophoneman has to find them and when he has found them, I have to locate them. A thing that I can do badly atm. Pure excitement .

No problems with version 2.2.9 so far, thought - thanks to Gapīs great environment mod - I spend my time mostly on sightseeing missions along the coast. At last I can order my annoying xo to shut up.

Happy new year 2019 to you and everyone else on Subsim.
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: