SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

HW3 11-05-17 05:03 PM

Oh it is so tempting to abandon this patrol to South America, and install the latest update 2.0.9e and then start it again, but I have already cleared Gibraltar and I am in the Atlantic now, so I will press on.

kevinsue 11-06-17 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2523602)
Hi Heinrich
Instructions are there for a reason, that is why it is important to follow them.:yep:
Peter

Hey Peter, that print size is very small for old blind geezers like me :yep:

Werner von Schmidt 11-06-17 03:32 AM

Anti-aircraft cannon on turret

vdr1981,
it's me again. Since a long time I reinstalled TWoS and saw there're two anti-aircraft cannons on the turret. Is there a chance to remove them?

Thanks in advance und keep up the excellent work!

Heinrich.

hauangua 11-06-17 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heinrich (Post 2523752)
vdr1981,
it's me again. Since a long time I reinstalled TWoS and saw there're two anti-aircraft cannons on the turret. Is there a chance to remove them?

Heinrich.

Hi Heinrich
Can you post your Mod list please?

palmic 11-06-17 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2523555)
Let's just say that convoys "density" in TWoS will vary from 600 to 1000 m between units in general, depending of convoy type, war period ect...:yep:

It would be much appreciated if it would be possible to randomize ships speed more divisively.
There is not much to calculate of you know ship will move always 6kts (sometimes 8) :salute:

Werner von Schmidt 11-06-17 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2523756)
Hi Heinrich
Can you post your Mod list please?

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171106/m452x882.png

Bojanpopovic 11-06-17 07:44 AM

Hi, i was'nt been here for a long time, and now i'm back to play again. Can I install this 2.0.9 mod, after 1.06 mod, and continue my campaign normally?

I have this mods:

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06=1
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 05c=2
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation=3
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon=4
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch=5

Thanks.

THEBERBSTER 11-06-17 11:23 AM

Hi B
Quote:

Can I install this 2.0.9 mod, after 1.06 mod, and continue my campaign normally?
No you have version 1 and this is version 2.
You need the latest TWOS version v2.0.0 which will include the latest update v2.0.9e in the download.
You wil also need to start a new carrpaign.

It is adviseable to uninstall and re-install on a clean SH5 game installation after using a registry cleaner.
Peter

Bojanpopovic 11-06-17 01:17 PM

Thank you Peter.

Nemeor_Gaming 11-06-17 01:29 PM

New mods ?

Hello everyone ! :Kaleun_Salute:

Thank you vdr (and all of the moders of course) for the work.

I think we can put two of these mods inside The Wolves of Steel, i have made 2 videos to show the changes :Kaleun_Cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axHUW-VQXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8ro_bKi5w

Cyborg322 11-06-17 02:48 PM

Quote:

vdr1981,

Heinrich.

Do you mean the 2 non functional Machine guns on the Type V11B ? You can upgrade them fairly quickly to get rid of them

Werner von Schmidt 11-06-17 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2523855)
Do you mean the 2 non functional Machine guns on the Type V11B ? You can upgrade them fairly quickly to get rid of them

Exactly. But what do you mean w/ upgrading?

vdr1981 11-06-17 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2523656)
I noticed in the Flaggen chart that the dates were removed. I assume this was on purpose. Do we receive radio msgs for hostiles or is there another chart that I'm missing? It's been a while since I've played but just installed 2.0.9e. Sorry if this has been explained already. I did search the thread but may have missed it.

Thanks!

BTW.. Vecko... just when I think you've done a ton and only minor improvements are likely, you do some major stuff that enhances the sim even further. Thank you much! Support inc. :)

The dates on flag chart has been removed because they were almost completely inaccurate and misleading. This would also present major spoiler IMO, flag chart should be a chart for "flags" and not magic friend or foe cheat.

There are different ways to determent units affiliation in SH games. For example in game radio messages and news, units attitude, port colors, historical facts ect...Now , we even have an addon which will allow neutral nations to use only illuminated ships until joining date and so on...

Also, Thank You very much for your donation Kaleun! :Kaleun_Cheers::salute:

Quote:

vdr1981,

Heinrich.

What turrets? Remove them from where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2523758)
It would be much appreciated if it would be possible to randomize ships speed more divisively.
There is not much to calculate of you know ship will move always 6kts (sometimes 8) :salute:

Done that long time ago . This from TWoS doucmentation, (OHII enhacemnt for TWoS):

Quote:

- Revised/better distributed convoys/traffic speeds. By defauly, speeds were almost always 6 or 9 kn; Now, Slow convoys ~5-6kn, fast convoys 9-10kn and all others 5-9 kn with tendency to slower speeds.
- Higher speeds for troop transport convoys, 10-15 kn (all campaigns except MG).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemeor_Gaming (Post 2523841)
Hello everyone ! :Kaleun_Salute:

Thank you vdr (and all of the moders of course) for the work.

I think we can put two of these mods inside The Wolves of Steel, i have made 2 videos to show the changes :Kaleun_Cheers:

Sounds much better I must say. :yep: However, I won't be able to release new updates for next two weeks or so (have to do some real life jobs as well, although TWoS Captains donations are very welcome, I still have to earn to pay my bills :)). Maybe you can release stand alone addon for TWoS until the next update, I'm sure people will like it. :yep:

Cyborg322 11-06-17 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heinrich (Post 2523856)
Exactly. But what do you mean w/ upgrading?

In the Bunker

Werner von Schmidt 11-06-17 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2523857)
What turrets? Remove them from where?

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/171106/chuc7ehd.png

These guns.