SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

GrumpyOldGamer 01-18-17 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2459014)
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation\ - OPTIONAL
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders\ - OPTIONAL
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 4x3 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 5x4 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL

If you enable "3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation", you'll not be able to use waypoints and youll be forced to really navigate on sea (you could use services of your navigator - dead position fix, or cellestial position fix)

If youll enable "4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders", youll be forced to decode some messages by enigma - dont enable it if you dont want to use enigma.

If youll enable "5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon", youll be able to ask your torpedo officer to solve torpedo solution instead of solving it for yourself - enable it if you dont want to set torpedo attacks and rather just push FIRE button.
THIS MOD DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH SHIP'S SMOKE, OR WIND, its just name..

"Resolution Patch" mods are optional, install one of them if you have one of these aspect ratio. For instance i my display resolution is 1920x1200 which is 8:5, so i have "6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch" installed.

If you dont know how to install TWOS READ FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

OK great,, I will just install 1 & 5 then only, TY TY for explaining this to me!

(PS) @palmic Can I safely add your gramophone mods?

palmic 01-18-17 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2459019)
OK great,, I will just install 1 & 5 then only, TY TY for explaining this to me!

Yeah, youll just have more tracks at your sub gramophone :salute:

ridley 01-18-17 04:19 PM

I keep having TWoS crash to (Windows 10) desktop when playing MP, not sure about SPlayer.

I have followed the instructions on installation (and the video) very carefully and I am pretty damn sure I have the installation correct.

Just before I reinstalled using the video very carefully and just enabled 1 and 2 (as it had previously crashed with 3, 5 & 6 enabled.) started it running a MP game on my own and went to the shops, it was still running fine when I came back. Yet when I fired a torpedo and it neared its target it CTD. Thinking about when it crashed before there seems to be a correlation between torpedo firing (or more to the point getting to the point of hittin a target) and CTD.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

THEBERBSTER 01-18-17 05:28 PM

Hi GOG
Quote:

You need 1 > 2 > 5
Peter

THEBERBSTER 01-18-17 05:32 PM

Hi ridley
Windows 10 should not be a problem with SH5.
Are you sure the Snapshot for TDW's Generic File Patcher is enabled?
Peter

ridley 01-18-17 05:45 PM

I certainly followed the instructions to do so.

Is there a way to check?

fitzcarraldo 01-18-17 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridley (Post 2459068)
I certainly followed the instructions to do so.

Is there a way to check?

Disable the mods with JSGME, and run TDW patcher another time, repeating the steps of installation.

Check in the patcher config file if all the folders are correct.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1649

Observe the folder and unit of your SH5 installation. By default is "C:", but you could install the game in another unit or folder ("E:", as example), and you need to change these names in the cfg file.

When you restore the snapshot, it appears in a window, it is the only file present.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Aminius 01-18-17 08:01 PM

ok i tried, i really did. but i just cant hit anything unless i go within 500m of a target and use the torpedo line on the map to guess where the ship might be.
no sorry, thats no fun. adios wolves of steel mod.

fitzcarraldo 01-18-17 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aminius (Post 2459094)
ok i tried, i really did. but i just cant hit anything unless i go within 500m of a target and use the torpedo line on the map to guess where the ship might be.

I can use manual TDC with TWoS and no problem. Hard, but possible and very playable.

And, if you have problems with it, will be the TDW GUI and not TWoS. TDW GUI (TDC, the vorthaltrechner in Uboats), is the best available. And works.

Did you try the New Ships mission? You can train with manual TDC in it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 01-19-17 01:14 AM

Yeah its hard to manually set torpedoes, it is supposed to be as hard as in reality..
I had teaching myself many weeks to create enough of experience to know how to always know what am i doing at torpedo station..

elder_gutknecht 01-19-17 02:06 AM

Ridley, if you play thru Uplay and use default install options, and haven't changed the sh5 folder
When you open "GenericPatcher.cfg", you must edit the archive like this, check before this is the path of your game

ClientAreaWidth=1184
ClientAreaHeight=765
LanguagePackInUse=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\LanguagePacks\Eng lish
CameraManager.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
EnvSim.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
kernel.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
sh5.exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHCollisions.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHSim.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHSound.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SH_NClient.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SimData.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5

vdr1981 01-19-17 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aminius (Post 2459094)

LoL:haha: That was fast! :salute:

vdr1981 01-19-17 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2459019)

Don't forget the latest update...

THEBERBSTER 01-19-17 04:44 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Aminus
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

vdr1981 01-19-17 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridley (Post 2459055)
I keep having TWoS crash to (Windows 10) desktop when playing MP, not sure about SPlayer.

I have followed the instructions on installation (and the video) very carefully and I am pretty damn sure I have the installation correct.

Just before I reinstalled using the video very carefully and just enabled 1 and 2 (as it had previously crashed with 3, 5 & 6 enabled.) started it running a MP game on my own and went to the shops, it was still running fine when I came back. Yet when I fired a torpedo and it neared its target it CTD. Thinking about when it crashed before there seems to be a correlation between torpedo firing (or more to the point getting to the point of hittin a target) and CTD.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I can confirm CTD in multiplayer session...

However, since I'm not concerned much about multiplayer in SH5 and never really tested it until now, there is a good possibility that it will not work with such complex megamod as TWoS is...

Try to disable all patches with "Generic Patcher" application and if all goes well this time, try to isolate which patch is responsible for game crash in multiplayer sessions...:yep:

It could also be that we would need a new set of multiplayer missions compatible with TWoS...