SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 12-29-16 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2454897)
Yep, i just want to dock into Kiel and reinstall, thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be better to restart campaign also...:yep:

palmic 12-29-16 11:15 AM

Aha, ok, I'm on it now :)

Sent from phone

palmic 12-29-16 11:52 AM

OT: funny to see steam recent reviews at vanilla SH5 :haha:

vdr1981 12-29-16 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2454908)
OT: funny to see steam recent reviews at vanilla SH5 :haha:

Incompetence often leads to hatred...:yep:

It's pity because most of gamers out there (especially on Steam) like to play "games" but, at the same time, some of them doesn't even know the difference between "file" and "folder" terms...

Not my problem though...TWoS is not intended for Steam after all...

palmic 12-29-16 02:49 PM

My second ever Enigma message and i found bug, i believe i got corrupted message

When you translate CYPHER (the 3 letters to get number of your command group - which should be always Hydra at 1939-09), i got Potsdam.

As you can see i cant set Potsdam as group into next step at Enigma, there is just Hydra, so i cant decrypt the message..

Buddahaid 12-29-16 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2454802)
It is really ridiculous how much time vdr1981 is investing in this mod and some people are just too lazy only reading the FAQ or the readme!!!!!!

I hope vdr1981 has still the motivation to improve TWOS. I would go nuts investing so much time e.g. in a readme and FAQ and all the documents but still a lot of people don't even read it! Even a tutorial video is made!!!

Happy new year.

Thanks for the wonderfully helpful comment. I have been reading, by the way, but there is a lot to get through and the first mention of the app is just a teaser without a link to where and what you do with it.

EDIT: My mistake. I missed the first reference and saw the second one in the A Few More Tips section.

blkdimnd 12-29-16 02:53 PM

Celestial Nav

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2454763)
It is my ultimate goal in SH5...To learn full celestial navigation and to say goodbye to navigators scripts. :) Right now, I can do a bit of dead reckoning but manual celestial fix is still nautical mile away...:)

I'd like to learn how to use Celestial Navigation in game also.
I've read the post here, but I get confused with finding my Longitude.
Anyone have another tutorial/documentation? (Get get confused easily :doh: )

Buddahaid 12-29-16 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2454820)
Hi Vecko
The OFEV is buried deep inside all of the FAQ's.
This important application should be part of the Post #1 installation process as it is something players will want to make changes to before enabling the TWOS mods.
Peter

Thank you.

OK. I don't seem to have any choice under the edit menu but language. I'm confused still.

LesBaker 12-29-16 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2454939)
My second ever Enigma message and i found bug, i believe i got corrupted message

When you translate CYPHER (the 3 letters to get number of your command group - which should be always Hydra at 1939-09), i got Potsdam.

As you can see i cant set Potsdam as group into next step at Enigma, there is just Hydra, so i cant decrypt the message..

Hi Palmic, Its not a Corrupted message, its user error the Message is dated 31-08-1939 not 09-1939.

Good Hunting
Les

vdr1981 12-29-16 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2454944)
Thank you.

OK. I don't seem to have any choice under the edit menu but language. I'm confused still.

This is just one of several possible ways how to utilize OFEV ...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

palmic 12-29-16 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2454947)
Hi Palmic, Its not a Corrupted message, its user error the Message is dated 31-08-1939 not 09-1939.

Good Hunting
Les

Huh that was a lesson:doh:
I decoded it by this proper date rules and everything went valid now :Kaleun_Applaud:

Dont somebody knows if these datetime spreadsheats are authentic kriegsmarine scanned sheets? Or are just created for the game based on authentic logic?

BTW. Thanks Les! :yeah:

Buddahaid 12-29-16 03:41 PM

I've set the paths and can open the editor but I 'm unable to get to the edit option window shown in this image. the EDIT drop down only contains a language selection.
http://s6.postimg.org/5famob69d/Capture.jpg

Thanks for helping.

EDIT: I thought I'd tried all the clicking methods but it works on a double click now. Embarrassing.

vdr1981 12-29-16 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2454956)

EDIT: I thought I'd tried all the clicking methods but it works on a double click now. Embarrassing.

:up:

elder_gutknecht 12-30-16 03:28 AM

Thanks for update 3c, i thought that couldn't hear subs due to low level noise
Now a wolfpack attack sounds better

palmic 12-30-16 07:59 AM

I am afraid that after some time i am receiving enigma messages again and not encoded

The red one has the same content like previous encoded.