SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 03-26-16 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392705)
yea u can set it from OFEV to not show the naigation fix on the map

Hmmm this is unfortunately not what i wanted, i want the real nav to not fix my position when i reload my save game - its exploit, i load the game and magically knows where i am at the moment..
(i want to be forced to get my initial fix after load game manually/or by navigator)

I haven't found TDW option for this.. :hmmm:

vdr1981 03-26-16 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392763)
Hmmm this is unfortunately not what i wanted, i want the real nav to not fix my position when i reload my save game - its exploit, i load the game and magically knows where i am at the moment..

I haven't found TDW option for this.. :hmmm:

Heh, I understand what you want but I don't think that's possible. You can only chose between visible starting N1C mark and no navigator marks at all (IIRC).

That initial N1C mark is mandatory for real nav and it cant be removed...

Sjizzle 03-26-16 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392761)
No need for that, but thank you anyway! :up:
I'll take one of the gap's tools or one created by me...:yep:

Ok np

now i wanna ask u something can u send me when u have time all the tweaks what u have made in OH II i wanna do some test with MagUi if they are compatible ?

thx

vdr1981 03-26-16 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392766)
Ok np

now i wanna ask u something can u send me when u have time all the tweaks what u have made in OH II i wanna do some test with MagUi if they are compatible ?

thx

Yes, I've promise to extract the files for Sober too but I'm not done yet.
Right now I'm "tuning" Mediterranean campaigns because right now it's unholy madness there and the game is really unstable.

I'll try to upload the files tonight or tomorrow morning...:yep:

vova78 03-26-16 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392759)
OK Vova, please take this file and extract it to your "data/Scripts/AI/Crew" folder, overwrite all ...This should do the trick...

Good find...:up:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7...ctions_QR1.rar

EDIT:
Nope, still not good, the crewman sits when sub is equipped with improved 30mm gun...:hmmm:

No CTDs for me however...

Thank you for such a quick response! :up: The same goes for me - CTD was gone. "2cm Flak 30" gunner animation is now correct. There was only "Improved 2cm Flak 30" wrong animation.

palmic 03-26-16 02:21 PM

Ok thanks Vecko

palmic 03-26-16 08:52 PM

Flack gun is more effective, than deck gun against ships.
Just try to attack unarmed merchant by flack he shells. Everything start to explode, this looks like cartoon, rather than sim ;-)
I would vote for flak gun to be totally ineffective on ships.

fitzcarraldo 03-26-16 10:02 PM

I want to try the SH4 UI in TWoS. Before make the changes in OFEV...Someone tried it? Is it stable? Work all commands?

Many thanks and happy Easter!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

palmic 03-27-16 05:13 AM

Happy Easter fitzcarraldo :)
I haven't tried it, I'm happy with current TWOS default :salute:

vdr1981 03-27-16 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392836)
Flack gun is more effective, than deck gun against ships.
Just try to attack unarmed merchant by flack he shells. Everything start to explode, this looks like cartoon, rather than sim ;-)
I would vote for flak gun to be totally ineffective on ships.

Then don't use flak against unarmed merchants...

I can easily do barrel roll with PMDG 737-800 but still, this is one of the best commercial jet simulations ever. It's all mater of perspective and approach.

palmic 03-27-16 05:53 AM

No offense, it was ment just as report :)

TWOS is really best SH i played.

vdr1981 03-27-16 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392766)
Ok np

thx

Check Sobers thread Sjizzle...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392871)
No offense, it was ment just as report :)

TWOS is really best SH i played.

Non taken...SH is not created by me after all, all credits for stock nonsense go exclusively to SH developers and Ubisoft...:)

Try to disable "guns decreasing armor" (SH collision.act) patch via TDW generic patcher and see what effect this change will have on the problem...
I can reduce strength of ingame AA shells quite easily but this could also have some unwanted effects on gameplay...Complete revision of shells "explosive" values could be a monumental task and this is the main reason why no one step up to the task after all this years...

palmic 03-27-16 07:38 AM

Understand, thank you :salute:

Sjizzle 03-27-16 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392887)
Check Sobers thread Sjizzle...:yep:

thx a lot :up:

vova78 03-27-16 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392759)
OK Vova, please take this file and extract it to your "data/Scripts/AI/Crew" folder, overwrite all ...This should do the trick...

Good find...:up:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7...ctions_QR1.rar

EDIT:
Nope, still not good, the crewman sits when sub is equipped with improved 30mm gun...:hmmm:

No CTDs for me however...

Vecko, I found a bug and fixed it (screen_1, screen_2) :) To see where the error was comparatively files using "WinMerge" program. Thank you gave a clue exactly where to look for the problem:salute: