SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 10-21-15 07:07 AM

Hi Tonic

You are referring to this.
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod

Press the shortcut key "E" to see the Recognition Manual

I respect your view on this which you are quite entitled to make but I do not agree with you that it is a cheat.
An experienced officer should be able to identify a target relatively easy as it is his job to do so.
The number of target variants also is quite limited in SH5 to where you see the same type of target quite regularly.

More than that If TWOS is going to be as successful as we all hope it is then it has to appeal to all types of gamers not just those who have the ability to use manual TDC and real navigation.
The inexperienced gamer needs help in moving on from just a point a shoot situation to something that is a bit more challenging.
The ability to use or not use the identify the target icon is down to how the gamer wants to play the game.

Peter

svedan 10-21-15 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddyn (Post 2352413)
I did see yoyo's post, but there was no solution other than use silentotto. I don't want to loose my crew experience everytime i finish a campaign. Is there no other solution?

I'm probably in the same situation as you, currently I'm at April 1940 and all my missions except the tutorial says "pending" even though I've completed them all. I followed the install intructions very carefully and I did the reload as per instruction. hopefully there is a way to get around this issue.

vdr1981 10-21-15 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2352466)
I'm probably in the same situation as you, currently I'm at April 1940 and all my missions except the tutorial says "pending" even though I've completed them all. I followed the install intructions very carefully and I did the reload as per instruction. hopefully there is a way to get around this issue.

what tutorial??

svedan 10-21-15 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2352476)
what tutorial??

Sorry, I meant the "First Deployment" mission i think it's called

Edit:
to clearify, here is a picture.
http://i.imgur.com/yZdmE0M.jpg

I've completed all missions but they still say "Pending" exept the first mission called "First Deployment"

Aktungbby 10-21-15 08:47 AM

welcome aboard!

svedan!:Kaleun_Salute:After a bit of a silent run!

svedan 10-21-15 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2352482)
svedan!:Kaleun_Salute:After a bit of a silent run!

Thank you sir! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 10-21-15 09:28 AM

Welcome to SubSim svedan :sunny:

THEBERBSTER 10-21-15 10:11 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To Subsim > svedan:subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :)
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod:salute:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:ping:

svedan 10-21-15 10:44 AM

I've have manually changed all the missions to "completed". Hopefully I can progress in the campaign to "Happy times" once I get to June 1940 without having to use the "silentotto" cheat and thereby losing my crew experience progress.

i edited the Campaing.cfg located in:
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\Save Games\00000000\Campaign-.......(last saved folder)

Changed all "IsCompleted" to "true" for all missions and now it says "Completed" on the exit game screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2352491)
Welcome to SubSim svedan :sunny:

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2352509)
A Warm Welcome Back To Subsim > svedan:subsim:

Thanks guys! :)

vdr1981 10-21-15 10:55 AM

Are you sure that the first thing you've done in memel bunker on campaign start is to save and reload that same manual save?

Deke 10-21-15 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2352214)
hi Deke

Check out
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos

Also there are plenty of YouTube videos that will give you the basics of what you need to do.
Also your game play difficulty level will have an infkuence.

Peter

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1

THEBERBSTER 10-21-15 02:18 PM

Hi Deke

Try this
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos

Peter

Rippersport 10-22-15 10:27 AM

Hi.

So I decided to try out SH5 again and wanted to learn to use manual TDC, but the stadimeter don't always work. I press the stadimeter button but sometimes nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Also, how do I identify a ship? I find the ship in the ship identification book and send mast height to TDC but it always says unknown ship.

I am using the CD version.

Thanks.

Deke 10-23-15 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2352596)

Hi Peter

The buttons are different at the Weapon officer button in this movie, and he has a book for the ships, i dont.
Maybe an older version, i dont no.
A new movie with patch 10 would be great :Kaleun_Salivating:

When it is not the same, it is to difficult for me :Kaleun_Sick:

Updat i found the book but still not the ship identification button

THEBERBSTER 10-23-15 10:02 AM

Hi Deke

Just add this mod to your mods folder and and always keep it enabled last in JSGME.
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod

Lock the target with the space bar.
Use the officer (Gunner) "Ships Identification" (1st one on the left) to put the ship type in the TDC.
See Picture
http://i57.tinypic.com/28mlf83.jpg
The 2nd icon from the left "Solution" calculates the solution for you.

Use the keyboard shortcut key "E" to bring up the recognition manual.

Peter