SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   What kind of subsim skipper are you? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111236)

MateusJK15 05-25-21 08:01 AM

Nuke skipper. Periscopes are history, but ships are still targets, electronic sonar and TMA for the win.

Jimbuna 05-25-21 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MateusJK15 (Post 2749558)
Nuke skipper. Periscopes are history, but ships are still targets, electronic sonar and TMA for the win.

Welcome aboard matey :Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 05-25-21 10:24 AM

welcome aboard!

MateusJK15!:Kaleun_Salute:

Red Heat 11-12-21 10:43 AM

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER

You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by. Hold your head high--there's no shame in having fun. :Kaleun_Salute:

oversoul 06-28-22 07:15 PM

https://i.imgur.com/OTez5jq.jpg

Are they mind readers?!

Armistead 08-19-22 12:41 PM

I haven't played in years, but what can I say, I am a legend and by far the best SH4 player to ever man a boat. Guess sort of like Elvis, a league of my own. I sunk more tonnage than any other 5 players combined. My best patrol with no refits playing a 100% difficulty was 278K tons sunk. I was going for 300K, but sunk too many smaller ships in a storm I couldn't see firing. I should be like in the Subsim Hall of Fame.

Jimbuna 08-19-22 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 2823786)
I haven't played in years, but what can I say, I am a legend and by far the best SH4 player to ever man a boat. Guess sort of like Elvis, a league of my own. I sunk more tonnage than any other 5 players combined. My best patrol with no refits playing a 100% difficulty was 278K tons sunk. I was going for 300K, but sunk too many smaller ships in a storm I couldn't see firing. I should be like in the Subsim Hall of Fame.

You forgot to take your medication today? :)

Aktungbby 08-19-22 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 2823786)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2823797)
You forgot to take your medication today? :)

There's no medication for ubiquitous pomposity :O:... that's why he's the current leader of the utterly elite "band o' bros" the :subsim: BILGE RATS! ...its founder, beloved Wolferz, having absconded with the crew's wages and Hamms beer; and not even responding to his birthday thread?:oops::arrgh!:

R3dakted 11-01-22 01:54 AM

I was a Type VIIB skipper for ever and ever until the day of Ragnarok..

..but then I discovered ADCAPs and TASMs.

These days it's a very bad time on my PC for any commie in a boat. I turn them all into submarines, temporarily anyway.

Also, Killerfish are rad. ☢️👍🏻👍🏻

R3dakted 12-25-22 12:02 AM

Nuke boat skipper 👍🏻

Accurate.. like me 😉

MaxAmmo 04-13-23 08:26 PM

Took the quiz

Casual game skipper here: still waiting for a patch to make GWX easier...Been following this website since aces of the deep with all those great interviews with the old captains. Thanks guys, been a great community.

Aktungbby 04-14-23 12:26 AM

Welcome aboard!

MaxAmmo!:Kaleun_Salute: finally on the surface after a 12 year 'silent run'!:up:

Jimbuna 04-14-23 05:32 AM

Welcome to SUBSIM MaxAmmo :Kaleun_Salute:

R3dakted 10-17-23 10:04 AM

Crazy Fritz, Crazier Ivan...

I'm usually to be found molesting US aid convoys off the west coast of Ireland in a type VIIB..

.. Though these days I'm often hunting the supply routes between the US, UK and Norway in a sierra or akula.

I tried to like the American WWII fleetboats, and their more modern SSNs, but I just couldn't. They smelled like cotton candy, McDonalds and warm apple pie, when they should have smelled of cabbage and body odour and chain smoking like a good Soviet boat. Yuck.

So I prefer to shell and missile-strike ports and airbases for that relaxed yet stoically suicidal (Germans) / patriotically dour (Soviets) buzz, while occasionally murdering task force's with extreme aggression.

As soon as the flaccid weak capitalists blink and turn to run, they get an oversized Soviet wake -homer up their collective asses.

It's funny that in a U-boat I tried my best not to kick the nest and have the enemy scatter... But in a Soviet glowboat the more naked aggression and nest-kicking there is the better - once the filthy democracyphiles break and scatter, or go defensive, they're screwed. Clever Russkies mitigate their noisy and half-deaf subs with aggression, sprints and manly overuse of powerful Soviet active sonar.

Also, ambushing an enemy diesel-electric sub with rocket-delivered torpedoes never gets old..!

A big thank you to Silent Hunter 4 w/ Op Monsun, and Cold Waters with dotmod, for giving me many enjoyable hours bullying, abusing and creatively murdering Allied shipping and infrastructure.. and for making content that my tired old Linux laptop will run quite happily.

Thanks!!