SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   VERY SAD NEWS: Laufen zum Ziel RIP (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220810)

Walter Kurtz 06-24-15 06:20 PM

VERY SAD NEWS: Laufen zum Ziel RIP

Dear friends,

Without any of the rather trite "on eternal patrol" business, I write this to inform those of you who occasionally still check our forum that a good friend of mine and I hope yours as well has passed away. Ken Wright (Laufen zum ziel) died Tuesday the 16th of June 2015 from complications he suffered after falling and breaking several ribs.

I spoke with his wife Cindy and she wanted me to express just how much Ken loved this game, Subsim, our group and all of us. Especially as his health deteriorated Ken thoroughly enjoyed playing SHIII and interacting with the flotilla. His memorial service will be held this coming Saturday June 28th. Please take a moment to offer a prayer for his family and in thanksgiving for the company, albeit only online, of a friend.

Sincerely,
Fred Page aka Walter Kurtz

THEBERBSTER 06-24-15 06:37 PM

Very saddened to hear your news when a Captain passes over.

My thoughts are with the family at this most difficult time.

Peter

CCIP 06-24-15 06:48 PM

My condolences to his wife and family, that's a very sad bit of news for everyone in the SH3 community :(

u crank 06-24-15 06:48 PM

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Ken.

bstanko6 06-24-15 07:00 PM

Prayers to Kens family. This is very saddening.

Aktungbby 06-24-15 07:58 PM

Greatly distressed to hear this.

Sailor Steve 06-24-15 08:06 PM

I can't begin to say how sad this makes me. Ken and I worked together to help Neal get the SubSim Downloads section started, and while we haven't always seen eye-to-eye I've always had the greatest respect for what he's done here.

HW3 06-24-15 08:46 PM

Prayers to Ken's family & friends.

CTU_Clay 06-24-15 09:06 PM

Rest in Peace Ken. May God have mercy upon your soul.

R. Clay Reynolds

KapitanFrank 06-24-15 09:42 PM

A man i looked up to, his wisedom and his knowledge of the game and love for subsim. we will miss him and i will miss the interactions we had in the Doenitz elite. although many such as i did not know him in real life, he still had an impact on us here.
R.I.P ken, rest easy :Kaleun_Salute:

Onkel Neal 06-24-15 10:17 PM

I don't know what to say. Ken was so helpful with Subsim, he gave us so much of his time, expertise, and in no small measure, his friendship. He will be greatly missed.

Fred, please pass my sincere condolences to his family.

Neal

Red October1984 06-24-15 10:53 PM

:wah:

Very sorry to hear. I don't know if i ever talked to him personally but I know that he's a very important part of this website. Sending a prayer up for him and his family tonight.

RIP Ken

Aras 06-25-15 12:57 AM

I had the opportunity to get to know him on Donitz Elite Flotilla, and thanks to GalaKev, we met a couple of time over the internet via TeamSpeak. All I can say is he was a passionate and giving man and loved all the moments he shared with the community.

Its very sad for me to hear that he passed away. I wish I could have spend more time in the flotilla or be in contact with him on his last days. Farewell friend, you will never be forgotten.

My condolence to his family.

Aras

desertstriker 06-25-15 01:08 AM

oh my:Kaleun_Crying:he will surely be missed.
My condolences to his family

Eichhörnchen 06-25-15 01:17 AM

Very sad to hear this news