SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fire-fox 08-11-19 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2622383)
Hi fire-fox!
That's probable German support tanker which is trying to brake for the Atlantic. Due to random nature of the game units can sometimes take strange and illogical routs. I'll try to prevent this in some of the future updates but this may be more complicated than it sounds. Thanks for your report! Happy hunting!:salute:

Yes that’s what I thought at the time, that it might be the AI trying to pull a John Wayne - Sea Chase. no problem.:Kaleun_Cheers:

zeus 08-11-19 12:58 PM

Hello

The megamod is updated over time but can you the campaign continue when you update the megamod?

vdr1981 08-12-19 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus (Post 2622464)
Hello

The megamod is updated over time but can you the campaign continue when you update the megamod?

Yes, but v2.2.9 and newer aren't gamesave compatible with previous versions...

zeus 08-12-19 03:09 PM

ok

and if you install in port between patrols the new version can be ?

Wzh 08-13-19 02:33 AM

recognition manual can't be unrolled

Hi,vdr1981, after I installed The Wolves of Steel v2.2.14, my recognition manual can be opened, but it.No ship information available, What's wrong with that?

THEBERBSTER 08-13-19 04:52 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Wzh
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Wzh 08-13-19 08:08 PM

please help me

I am from china,my english not very good please help me for my only problem "after I installed The Wolves of Steel v2.2.14, my recognition manual can be opened, but it.No ship information available, What's wrong with that?"
Thank you very much!

Wzh 08-13-19 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2622621)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Wzh
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

I am from china,my english not very good please help me for my only problem "after I installed The Wolves of Steel v2.2.14, my recognition manual can be opened, but it.No ship information available, What's wrong with that?"
Thank you very much!

Aktungbby 08-13-19 09:43 PM

Welcome aboard!

Wzh!:Kaleun_Salute:

Wzh 08-14-19 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2622727)
Wzh!:Kaleun_Salute:

Have you ever encountered such a situation?

Bera 08-15-19 10:02 AM

Hello folks! It´s been a long time since I´ve played SH5 with TWS.

I´d like to "take it easy" on my way back to TWS, so: can I play without real navigation? Can I also play with the icons (I remember something called "smoke wind and fire addon")?

Thanks!

kapuhy 08-15-19 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2622917)
Hello folks! It´s been a long time since I´ve played SH5 with TWS.

I´d like to "take it easy" on my way back to TWS, so: can I play without real navigation? Can I also play with the icons (I remember something called "smoke wind and fire addon")?

Thanks!

Real Navigation is optional part of TWoS, you can play without it.

Bera 08-15-19 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2622924)
Real Navigation is optional part of TWoS, you can play without it.

Thank you very much, sir. And how do I enable map contacts o TWS?

Kind regards

DasBootSim 08-18-19 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2622933)
Thank you very much, sir. And how do I enable map contacts o TWS?

Kind regards

I assume Real Navigation disables the map contacts because the position of the U-boat is unknown. If the mod is not installed, then it should be looked for in the options inside the game :hmmm:

DasBootSim 08-18-19 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wzh (Post 2622720)
Thank you very much!

This is from scripts
currentshipfolder = GetSH5InstallPath() + "\\data\\Sea\\" + currentship
# change the sil picture
newsil = currentshipfolder + "\\" + currentship + "_sil.dds"
#ScriptManagerManaged.Trace( "newsil=" + newsil )
TDWFileUtils.ChangeMITexture( Pagelayout_SOAN_Unit_Profile, newsil, GetSH5InstallPath() + "\\data\\Menu\\Gui\\Layout\\CurrentSOAN.dds", True )
#ScriptManagerManaged.Trace( "sil texture changed successfully" )
# get the ship info
Pagelayout_SOAN_Unit_Name.Text = tdwsoan.GetCurrentShipInCategory()[ 0 ].ToUpper()
cfgfile = currentshipfolder + "\\" + currentship + ".cfg"
aitfile = currentshipfolder + "\\" + currentship + ".ait"

This way data is taken from files in ships-folders in \data\sea
*_sil.dds is ship pictures
*.cfg and *.ait is ship data
Check this folder if exist files and correct data.
:hmmm:
Files may be from other mods

Tonci87 08-22-19 11:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8lsG6qnXs

So, the second attack on that huge convoy. It is a long video because the destroyers found me this time :timeout:

fitzcarraldo 08-24-19 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wzh (Post 2622720)
Thank you very much!

Welcome aboard! :Kaleun_Applaud:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Hans Hansen 08-26-19 06:59 AM

Weird boxes on screen

Hey everybody,
I haven't gone hunting much lately. But today I felt in the mood to sink some freighters. :)
I updated TWOS, but when I get to the bunker I see a large black box with no decorations/frame at all covering approximately 1/4 of the screen top left. Also there are two smaller ones obviously related to "user charts - scrollable" and another one with no input but some options "clear", "cancel" and "accept" and another asking me to set some colors.
What the heck is that and how can I make it disappear?

Aktungbby 08-26-19 12:20 PM

Welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Hansen (Post 2624367)
Hey everybody,
I haven't gone hunting much lately. But today I felt in the mood to sink some freighters. :)

Hans Hanson!:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Salute: your first post since 7/2012!, that's the infamous :subsim: seven-year-itch imho not just a 'mood' thing! :O:A PM to Theberbster regarding you TWoS issues may be helpful to you.

Hans Hansen 08-26-19 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2624387)
Hans Hanson!:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Salute: your first post since 7/2012!, that's the infamous :subsim: seven-year-itch imho not just a 'mood' thing! :O:A PM to Theberbster regarding you TWoS issues may be helpful to you.

LOL. Yes, it's been a while. It is even longer ago that I provided some SH5-artwork.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/album.php?albumid=340

Currently I am preparing a clean install - both SH5 and TWOS.

Perhaps (most probably) my probs will be solved afterwards. ;)