SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kikinado 08-23-18 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2566041)
I cant say for sure mate but I do believe that you have a problem with the Generic Patcher part :hmm: Has everything went smoothly with it?

We'll need more info in order to track down your issue. The link is my signature...

And thank you very much for you donation mate! :salute::salute:

Cheers!

Not a problem Sir.

I did manage to sort out my SH4, so I will play it now, for couple months, then I will try to do the SH5, so then I will contact you guys again, this time I will buy Original lol, its 12 Euro on Steam :-):Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Fifi 08-24-18 01:55 AM

@ Vecko:

Just to report a small bug (or malfunction as you want) which is here from very long. I don’t know if it could be easily solved, but anyway maybe you’re aware of it:

Each time you press a tube button, it says in message box the previous is closing...that’s wrong.
When opening a tube with the dedicated button (the metallics ones on top), they all stay open (until of course you manually close them) even if the message box say it’s closing when changing tube selection.

So must be a text related issue when you press a torpedo button.
If i recall well, the WO is even saying the tube is closing...so maybe delete the voice link to it also.

I know it’s small problem, but would be nice to get it right anyway :)

Unbroken 08-24-18 01:53 PM

Questions about campaign course

Hi @Vecko, since the tonnage bar has disappeared I don't figure out what I have to do. I don't know what the mission objectives are. I've checked the main map : it tells nothing clear about mission objectives. I've checked the ship's log (shortcut upper right corner) and it says to reach AM5517 (in case of the Easyern Britsh Coastal waters) and start operations, I reached this area (using the kriegsmarine's map) and then what should I do ? What are the mentionned operations ?
I've read that campaigns are time based but I don't know how missions inside campaings work.
Can you explain the mission objectives, in a word what the game want me to do concretely ?
Thanks, best regards

BrokenPrism 08-24-18 02:17 PM

Your only objective is to stay around your patrol area for a set time.

A small expamle:

You are told to go to BE1234

So i mark that spot on the map and plot a course to that point.
As i a approach the area I get a new Message: "Patrol grid BE1234 Radius 200km for 48h" or something like that.

So i draw a circle with radius 200k around BE1234 and stay in it for 48h...

After that time you have completed that objective regardless of tonnage sunk and you then either get a new Grid to Patrol or you are told to go on hunting on your own.

I hope that helps.

Toniausmuc 08-24-18 02:39 PM

german boot noises & voises still needed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2565607)
Well, you should have some idea about how mods are working and how to install them otherwise you will always read more than play...It's as I said above, here more details:

Download the 1.3 Stormy's DBSM, unzip the basemod;
navigate inside data folder and delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Download xxxx_beta6 add-on, unzip
same procedure as above, delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Re-zip both basemod and xxxx_beta6, call it TWoS_ADJUSTED_Stormys_DBSM.rar, store it for future use.

Unzip the changed mods into JSGME and activate them in last position, first the basemod then beta6.

You should be fine loading your last save.

I only found the basemod from stormy.

I deleted there those described things.

I re-zip this basemod with those deleted things.

How to unzip into JSGME?
I tried to drag it over there with the mouse, but its not appearing.
Guessing I am making it wrong....

Aktungbby 08-24-18 09:55 PM

Welcome aboard!

BrokenPrism!:Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 08-25-18 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2566321)
I only found the basemod from stormy.

I deleted there those described things.

I re-zip this basemod with those deleted things.

How to unzip into JSGME?
I tried to drag it over there with the mouse, but its not appearing.
Guessing I am making it wrong....

Once unzipped and you deleted the files, copy/paste into the TWOS parts folder, then open Jsgme of TWOS and activate your new mod.
After that you can zip again the mod you have modified for future use (i never re zip my modified mod)

Toniausmuc 08-25-18 03:55 AM

its not working

a)

I downloaded the Stormy's 1.3 mod

b)

The other called out/needed mod xxxx_something
I never found or got a link.

c)
Anyway, I deleted all this things from stormy's one and
put than those 2 files /scripts and /sound into the

TWoS folder and activated both via JSGME on the rigth side.
They are the 2 last one, as someone said before, its important that they are on the bottom.

Well, I still dont hear the voices from the movie "Das Boot" and also not much changed noises.
Its pretty the same "vanilla-WoS" sound experience....

THEBERBSTER 08-25-18 04:09 AM

A Warm Welcome To Both Of You To The Subsim Community > Unbroken > BrokenPrism
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Unbroken 08-25-18 06:20 AM

Hi @BrokenPrism, thanks I'll try it out although I didn't received any message about a patrol area giving a radius for operations... However if "reach area AM5517 and start operations" is the message you mention, so, yes, I've received a message which I didn't understand sadly :)
Thanks !

Aktungbby 08-25-18 11:49 AM

welcome aboard!

Unbroken!:Kaleun_Salute:

BrokenPrism 08-25-18 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbroken (Post 2566381)
Hi @BrokenPrism, thanks I'll try it out although I didn't received any message about a patrol area giving a radius for operations... However if "reach area AM5517 and start operations" is the message you mention, so, yes, I've received a message which I didn't understand sadly :)
Thanks !

Yeah thats the first message, in the captains log, where it tells you whats your patrol grid is. But once you get close to that grid you should get a new message that tells you how long and in what radius you have to stay there.
At least in theory. It worked for me flawlessly until i got a new patrol order for AM5144 i think, and I even stayed directly on said grid for a good week or so without moving and i didn't complete the objective...

hauangua 08-26-18 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenPrism (Post 2566437)
Yeah thats the first message, in the captains log, where it tells you whats your patrol grid is. But once you get close to that grid you should get a new message that tells you how long and in what radius you have to stay there.
At least in theory. It worked for me flawlessly until i got a new patrol order for AM5144 i think, and I even stayed directly on said grid for a good week or so without moving and i didn't complete the objective...

Old thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...73&postcount=4

Probably you need go AM6144

Unbroken 08-26-18 04:00 AM

@BrokenPrism, OK I'll be more careful with messages. Btw is there a box to tick (or anything else) to get an alert when receiving messages in [U]Captain's log[U] ?
I have alerts for messages in the radio log (shortcut upper right corner)("New radio message") but I didn't have any for those in Captain's log. I noticed that when the Captain's log is opened it is not updated (I've kept it opened to treat an arriving message in real time, a few hours later I've closed and re-opened it and I had received messages during the time the Captain's log was opened...)

Best regards

Rameses 08-26-18 10:41 PM

Text problem

Anyone know why text everywhere xcept some buttons(in english o.0) turned into some kind of chineese or space or just random symbols? From what i remember previous WOS wasnt doing this to game...
Is it english only now? How can turn to show all text on English then?
If it supports other languages why i cant see any list or files of it?