SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 03-02-16 02:38 PM

Quote:

You should ask Trevally for help then, as he got privileges for uploading big files. He helped me with Dynamic Environment :yep:
Subsim hosting is not necessary IMO. More than 18.000 Mediafire downloads proved that . Mediafire can be sometimes glitchy , but in general it is more than OK...

Quote:

Nice screenie :up:
Does it represent the latest update?
Yeah...

palmic 03-02-16 04:19 PM

Awesome!

And guys i found great tip for torpedo targeting. :)
1) AoB which you set into TDC is CURRENT AoB as you look on the ship in moment of fire, not target AoB in moment of hit.
(That was my major mistake)
So if you want Zero Gyroangle, you need to count a little, but dont worry, you dont need to have zero gyroangle.

2) If you have Target ship AoB at some bearing (for ex. AoB 53 at Your 340), so i see the ship's starboard at my 340 and its closing to me at 53 degree AoB.
- Then you already know how AoB it will be at 360. And even at 20.
Its just simple AoB at 340 + bearing difference, so at 360, AoB will be 73 and at 20 it will be 93.

Sooo no more AoB checks needed, i am locked now.
This way, you can even simply say when the ship will have 90 AoB! (Here it will be at my bearing 17)
(And for the guys which dont know Dick O Kane's rule, at 90 degrees AoB you dont even need to know how distant target is) :)
(for this "safe angle" where many of your mistakes are erased you can find chart in game thanks to sjizzle - its "E" -> Torpedo Settings Charts -> 90 Deg Torpedo Bearings Table - and its for every torpedo and ship speeds)
Basically you can say, that if you will fire torpedo from -10 to -5 degrees from bearing with 90deg AoB, you are set for any speed of torpedo and ship.

DESCRIPTION: If you use triangle rule which says, that sum of every inner angles in triangle is always 180, you can simply confirm this if you draw that situation on paper and just count that angles by this logic.
(+opposite angle on the same line is always 180-opposite one)

gap 03-02-16 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2386079)
Yeah...

I see the flagstaff is still in its place :06:

vova78 03-03-16 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2385930)
U-Flak bug report: opening animation torpedo flaps not working.

I found the cause of the bug. I think it is a problem of the game. If you come out of the mission and re-entry into it (or another mission) without restarting the game at all the boats are no longer open torpedo tubes (only no animation, functioning properly).

I also found in the "Silent Hunter V Gold Edition" interesting discovery at: C:\Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Collectors\Bible\English\Bible. pdf There on page 24-25 already have "Type 7C41 UFlak" (in reality it is based on the Type 7C) as one of the playable boats! Perhaps it was cut before the release of the game does not finish until the end, but in the "Official Guide" she stayed.

vdr1981 03-03-16 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2386106)
I see the flagstaff is still in its place :06:

It's just an old picture, no flagstaff in game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2386170)
I found the cause of the bug. I think it is a problem of the game. If you come out of the mission and re-entry into it (or another mission) without restarting the game at all the boats are no longer open torpedo tubes (only no animation, functioning properly).

Exactly...:yep:

Quote:

I also found in the "Silent Hunter V Gold Edition" interesting discovery at: C:\Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Collectors\Bible\English\Bible. pdf There on page 24-25 already have "Type 7C41 UFlak" (in reality it is based on the Type 7C) as one of the playable boats! Perhaps it was cut before the release of the game does not finish until the end, but in the "Official Guide" she stayed.
U-FlaK was planned originally, that is obvious... It's conning tower have been waiting unused inside VIIC41 parts folder for years, but to simply cram this tower on top of another type VII boat in the form of additional conning tower upgrade, would be absolutely unrealistic...

From what I learned, flak traps were crippled or handicapped type VIIC U-boats with a lot of AA firepower. An interesting concept which would be proved wrong soon after...And this is exactly what you will get in TWoS.:yep:

palmic 03-03-16 12:27 PM

Are we able guys to use current moding tools to update game ini files partialy?
Like - find line by exact code and replace it by somethings else? Change value for example? :)

vdr1981 03-03-16 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386272)
Like - find line by exact code and replace it by somethings else? Change value for example? :)

Yes, If you remove ";" mark in your Documents/data/cfg/Menu.txt file, menu editor tool will became available when you next time run the game...

Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes 
;MenuEditor=Yes <= remove ";" mark and save
;DebugScripts=Yes

Not many people know how to use this editor though, including my self...:hmmm:

palmic 03-03-16 02:45 PM

huh thanks, but i dont know if we understand ourselves :)
I ment if JSGME can update Sh5/data configuration files by script.
Like if i wanted to change some shortcut to another key by mod loaded after TWOS..

For example: I have my modifications like removing textual contacts descriptions from hydrophone contacts, setting shortcuts for teleporting to attack periscope and hydrophone.
And it started to be real work now after each TWOS update.
I would like to make some mod for it, but i dont want to really replace all configs, just update particular value
(replace row of that text file by its previous text like replace "shortcut50=C" by "shortcut50=D")

vdr1981 03-03-16 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386310)
Like if i wanted to change some shortcut to another key by mod loaded after TWOS..

For example: I have my modifications like removing textual contacts descriptions from hydrophone contacts, setting shortcuts for teleporting to attack periscope and hydrophone.
I would like to make some mod for it, but i dont want to really replace all configs, just update particular value
(replace row of that text file by its previous text like replace "shortcut50=C" by "shortcut50=D")

Of course you can use your own custom mods on top of TWoS, but only if you "understand" enough the files you have edited and their effect to the game...:yep:

Brocky 03-03-16 05:50 PM

Hi.

Apologies for the likely repeat question, but the thread is pretty big.

Is it still the case that Steam users can't use the Generic Patcher?

If so, am I missing out on a huge amount of benefits from the mod?

Thanks.

Aktungbby 03-03-16 06:18 PM

Welcome aboard!

Brocky!:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-03-16 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brocky (Post 2386386)
Hi.

Apologies for the likely repeat question, but the thread is pretty big.

Is it still the case that Steam users can't use the Generic Patcher?

Thanks.

Brocky :salute:
There is a dedicated thread on how to use TDW generich pacther with Steam version of the game, search the forum for more...

Quote:

If so, am I missing out on a huge amount of benefits from the mod?
Absolutely...Without it, SH5 is broken and unplayable...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 03-03-16 06:39 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Brocky
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Post #161 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Steam Installation Instructions By sirrawsrsalot

Mikemike47 03-03-16 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386272)

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386310)

for line by line entries in a game ini file use:
JTxE.exe - Jimimadrid's text editor. I have used it in SH3 to SH5 games.

Brocky 03-03-16 07:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome, all.

So I found this post - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=161

So I have to download and install allsorts of .exes & scripts and viewers just to be able to install a mod so I can get the game running somewhat correctly?? I've just spent two days trying to get the thing to load, as I was getting the Ubisoft service is not available error. Finally figured out how to get it running and now this?

Pff. Honestly, I don't think I will bother and just hit the uninstall button. I really loved SH2 & SH3 and put many, many hours into them over the years. It's such a shame that, even after all this time, this game is in such a sorry state.

Again, thanks for the welcome. Looks like you have a good community here, but until a new, working sub-sim arrives, I think SH will just have to be left as one of those memorable games from the past.

Such a shame.

:salute: