SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Crash to desktop, Steam (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252668)

lyndrm 05-10-22 04:32 PM

Crash to desktop, Steam

Hello all. I just installed GWX Gold mod along with the Ahnenerbe wide screen mod and when I launch the game and select a mission, it goes to the load screen, loads, and then crashes to Steam before actually sending me to the mission. Any ideas for solving this issue?

Thank you

Mad Mardigan 05-10-22 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndrm (Post 2808001)
Hello all. I just installed GWX Gold mod along with the Ahnenerbe wide screen mod and when I launch the game and select a mission, it goes to the load screen, loads, and then crashes to Steam before actually sending me to the mission. Any ideas for solving this issue?

Thank you

To begin with... did you use JSGME, to activate the mods... :hmmm:

Hope that you did so, rather than just willy nilly, injecting mods into the SH3 install... which, if that route was followed, will end with having to scrap the whole shebang.

If you did use JSGME, mind opening that up, click on 'tasks' in the center menu there on it... & selecting export activation list to 'clipboard', which will allow for you to paste that list here.

2mdly, just where did you set up the install to go to...

Hopefully, NOT to either of Window's 'Program files' locations,

/Program files

/Program files (x86)

In short, the more info you give... not only in words, but even in pics, helps... the more there, the better it can be understood, just what the issue/s are & what could be causing them.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

propbeanie 05-10-22 05:54 PM

GWX Gold has an install exe, and you cannot back out of it, MM. In the meantime, you are correct in the install cannot be in a Program Files folder either. Another little note is that I cannot get the Ahnenerbe WS to work on my Steam SH3 on the one computer, though it does fine on the other. I have also seen other people's Steam SH3 not take kindly to a WS mod. Your mileage may vary, dependent upon the computer, display and video card, I guess... Might have something to do with the SH3.exe Properties settings also... You ~MUST~ change the SH3.exe Properties settings, as in the GWX instructions, and multiple posts on SubSim here.

Mad Mardigan 05-10-22 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2808014)
GWX Gold has an install exe, and you cannot back out of it, MM. In the meantime, you are correct in the install cannot be in a Program Files folder either. Another little note is that I cannot get the Ahnenerbe WS to work on my Steam SH3 on the one computer, though it does fine on the other. I have also seen other people's Steam SH3 not take kindly to a WS mod. Your mileage may vary, dependent upon the computer, display and video card, I guess... Might have something to do with the SH3.exe Properties settings also... You ~MUST~ change the SH3.exe Properties settings, as in the GWX instructions, and multiple posts on SubSim here.

Ahh... that version of GWX... My bad... was thinking it was the 1, that did NOT have that installer injector... :oops: