SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Killerfish Games. Please give us a weapon against useless Aircraft (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237359)

Deepmoc 04-25-18 02:03 PM

Killerfish Games. Please give us a weapon against useless Aircraft

Hi..

I had repeatadly the Situation, theat all Ships are sunk anbd a single empty weaponless Helo follows, or loitering over me. Equal then if i submerged ot surfaced.
He follows me all the time and finally thete is no other way to close the game or abandon the Sub.

I have tryed to shoot him down with my VLS on Surface while i direct underneath him. Launched a Tasm an the Missile goes with no effect trough the Helo Model..

There is a draw between Helo and Sub and no solution for this.. Hei seems to have infinite fuel and some more.

Is there an thougts abouth this

Falkirion 04-25-18 07:10 PM

I'd love it but I don't think its realistic, believe there's been other threads in the past discussing an AA missile or something to drive Heli's/MPAs off.

Swordsman422 04-25-18 08:27 PM

Do what a real sub commander would do. Go deep, dump datum, and run.

Killerfish has been pretty focused on representing realistic weapons systems for the subs. I don't think they should stop now.

Sonoboy 04-26-18 01:03 AM

I have not found it impossible to evade helicopters, even in shallow waters. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong?

oscar19681 05-07-18 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonoboy (Post 2550860)
I have not found it impossible to evade helicopters, even in shallow waters. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong?

He,s launching Tasm,s at Airbourne threats and your asking if he,s sure he not doing something wrong?:har:
Sorry i couldnt help myself LoL.

But i must admit, i never have any trouble shaking air threats myself either.

XenonSurf 05-07-18 07:25 PM

The plane does its job, as the enemy commander I would court-martial any pilot comming home before his tanks are empty, although I have the feeling plane's ammo are unlimited... :)
It's up to you to avoid MAD detection by slowly getting out of his detection range, it's difficult but you can do it, you have to use tricks like decoy torpedos if need be. And helos with dipping sonar are easier to avoid.

MR. Wood 05-08-18 04:08 PM

Here's what I found to work after being attacked by a helo or a ASW plane run like hell like a hooked fish drop a few noise makers keep changing depth and course on a big scale then go silent running at around 3 knots and go where ever works most of the time. I've even fallen asleep going 3 knts to know where. :Kaleun_Salute:

Capt.Hunt 05-08-18 07:35 PM

As near as I can figure, MPA and helos have a limited number of weapons onboard, I rarely get attacked more then twice by a helo, after that they just harass you by buzzing around and dipping.

I will say that by forcing you to surface and try to shoot a cruise missile at the helo, he is doing his job.

It would be nice if they had a limited fuel supply though.

Capt. Morgan 05-11-18 02:29 PM

:huh: You actually hit a helo with a TASM?!