SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

edpovi 12-09-16 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2451367)
Hi Vecko
I am in Norweigian waters and had an Enigama message to send a weather report.
Neither the WO or radio operator has this particular command other than sending a Status report.
Peter

I noticed that option is NOT in the dialog menu when you click on the radio guy.

But if you click on his picture for the "officer bar" at the bottom of screen, and then the left "reports" button, you will see 3 options, the middle one is "Send Weather Report".

-Ed

edpovi 12-09-16 10:41 PM

Radio Questions

I have a couple of radio-related questions that I couldn't find in the FAQ:

1) I noticed that some messages have a different color background, gray, yellow, red, or blue. What is the significance of those colors?

2) I noticed that in the Captain's Log, it seems to see me as "U-35", but in the Ship's Log, and most radio messages are addressed to "U-28". Is this a problem? Is there a setting somewhere I should change? Or is it simply cosmetic?

Thanks,
Ed

THEBERBSTER 12-10-16 05:11 AM

Hi ed
Thanks for the information much appreciated.
Peter

elder_gutknecht 12-10-16 06:55 AM

Today it's Christmas in my uboat, so happy xmas to all mates in this forum
We'll celebrate it after two sunken merchants with a special meal

vdr1981 12-10-16 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edpovi (Post 2451407)
I have a couple of radio-related questions that I couldn't find in the FAQ:

1) I noticed that some messages have a different color background, gray, yellow, red, or blue. What is the significance of those colors?

2) I noticed that in the Captain's Log, it seems to see me as "U-35", but in the Ship's Log, and most radio messages are addressed to "U-28". Is this a problem? Is there a setting somewhere I should change? Or is it simply cosmetic?

Thanks,
Ed

It seems that I'll have to answer from my phone. many like to ask but very few subsim members will actually spare few minutes to answer few questions these days.. .

1/ colored messages are ACtuall gameplay related campagn messages sent to you, with most of the time imporyant infos.

2/ you can use OFEV to match you uboat numbers. this is not mandatory at all.. .

edpovi 12-10-16 12:20 PM

Vecko,
Thank you for the information! :salute:
-Ed

astradeus 12-11-16 11:55 AM

Hello, I am not a sea wolf , Just a small fish :salute:. I would like to get only the visual contacts on the map. I use real navigation. I modify the "show visual contacts" option in NavMapOptions with "optionsfileeditor / viewer". But it seems that this is not enough. how to do ?:hmmm: Thank you for your help .

astradeus 12-11-16 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astradeus (Post 2451582)
Hello, I am not a sea wolf , Just a small fish :salute:. I would like to get only the visual contacts on the map. I use real navigation. I modify the "show visual contacts" option in NavMapOptions with "optionsfileeditor / viewer". But it seems that this is not enough. how to do ?:hmmm: Thank you for your help .

I think I have the answer here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225754

If I understand correctly, I have to choose between real navigation and visual contacts on the map?

blkdimnd 12-11-16 10:13 PM

Travel Mode?

I searched through the tread, but there's a lot a pages.

How/when should "Travel Mode" be used?
In the past, Sober's mod list, you used Travel mode near land to prevent running aground. Is it the same with Wolves of Steel?

TheBeast 12-12-16 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdimnd (Post 2451660)
I searched through the tread, but there's a lot a pages.

How/when should "Travel Mode" be used?
In the past, Sober's mod list, you used Travel mode near land to prevent running aground. Is it the same with Wolves of Steel?

Travel Mode is most often used when you are leaving or entering a Port to enable a higher Time Compression.
Caution should be used when enabling Travel Mode near Land or other Ships.

Regards!
TheBeast

blkdimnd 12-13-16 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2451873)
Travel Mode is most often used when you are leaving or entering a Port to enable a higher Time Compression.
Caution should be used when enabling Travel Mode near Land or other Ships.

Regards!
TheBeast

Thanks!

l_commando 12-13-16 03:32 PM

I just installed 1.06 and the updates and started a new campaign and now my screen is covered in empty black boxes where I'm assuming the enigma charts and such should be. Any ideas for a fix?

palmic 12-14-16 06:53 AM

Thanks for the new update!

As i am planning to come back to service for next week, i am currently testing last TWOS as total fresh installation and very new Campaign from the beginning of war. :salute:

And it looks absolutely great yet, i would say i can even see some visual upgrade in Memel port? (pilars,... ) :06: :)

Thanks Vecko! :arrgh!:

vdr1981 12-14-16 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2452086)
As i am planning to come back to service for next week, i am currently testing last TWOS as total fresh installation and very new Campaign from the beginning of war. :salute:

And it looks absolutely great yet, i would say i can even see some visual upgrade in Memel port? (pilars,... ) :06: :)

Thanks Vecko! :arrgh!:

Welcome back Palmic!
Pilars in Memel? I've never add any.. .:hmmm:

palmic 12-14-16 09:09 AM

well i haven't seen them before, maybe it just because i was not looking around before. I mean concrete pillars in water on the right side just before pen..

It doesn't matter :)