SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Ahoy! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224185)

DeliveryKing 02-05-16 12:56 AM

Ahoy!

First and foremost I would like to say thank you to Subsim for all your passion and dedication over the years!

I have been preoccupied lately and haven't been able to play Silent Hunter 3 in quite some time. I just got a new computer however and I am excited to make some time to play SH3. My concern is I need to download all the great mods/patches I used to have on my old computer. I'm not much of a computer guy unfortunately so I may need a little help.

My computer is an intel core i5 running Windows 10 with Silent Hunter 3 downloaded thru Steam.

Maybe someone could recommend the first 5 to 10 mods/patches (or more if you like) that I should download. Let me know if theirs a certain order I should download these in, if I should reboot the game after installing certain ones, or any issues/problems I may face running Windows 10 and Steam, or anything else I should know for that matter.

I had GWX and Commander on my old system but now I want so many more. Like better graphics, resolution, SH5 water, increased kilometer viewing distance, crew management, better panels and so many more. I have been reading the forums and will continue to do so, it's just that theirs so much information there it can be a little overwhelming. I'm just so excited to play! Any and all help/info will be appreciated.

Ok now that I got that out of the way I can tell you all a little about myself. I never played a sub game (that I remember) until a friend of mine introduced me to Battlestations Midway. I was hooked. That was and still is such a good game. I remember always wanting to be the sub when everyone else would hurry to pick the massive battleships or the deadly aircraft carrier. I was content to prowl the ocean in search for my next unsuspecting prey. Sometimes I would go 90% of the round without being able to get in range for a kill... and I was fine with that. It wasn't enough though, I needed more. More realism, more depth, more anything to do with subs. That lead me to go online and search and lo and behold I found Subsim. After reading the forums for hours I decided on Silent Hunter 3 for my next try at a sub game...oh my God. This was it, this was exactly what I wanted, exactly what I had been looking for! Then I started adding the mods and patches from Subsim and I was just blown away.

I just want to say thanks again to Subsim for keeping a game that was released in 2005 alive and relevant, in this day and age that's a pretty hard thing to accomplish.

P.S. I noticed people were having issues downloading the GWX mod after making a donation. I have no problem making a donation (by Kraken you deserve it) I just want to make sure I'll be able to get the download.

Aktungbby 02-05-16 02:14 AM

Welcome aboard!

DeliveryKing!:Kaleun_Salute:

HW3 02-05-16 03:43 AM

Welcome Aboard!

Find a post by Jimbuna, the link to GWX 3.0 download files is in his signature.

THEBERBSTER 02-05-16 05:41 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > DeliveryKing
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

Commander Wallace 02-05-16 04:41 PM

Welcome to Subsim . :sunny: I'm sure between the mod guru's here and past threads, you'll have no problem with mods.

u crank 02-05-16 04:54 PM

Welcome to SubSim DeliveryKing. :salute:

Eichhörnchen 02-06-16 10:22 AM

Welcome aboard:)

Jimbuna 02-06-16 10:59 AM

Welcome :sunny: