SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Dragon81 08-20-14 12:53 AM

OK, I will take a look at the files... I hope I can handle this because I'm not a scripter. :88)

By the way: Is it realistic that the hydrophone gets damaged below 120m?
I'm using the T shaped hydrophone in front of the deck gun. Should I use the other hydrophone type mounted in the bow?

S1LK 08-20-14 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCQ_SH (Post 2228283)
lol....it's an official game..... I can assure you that......... Yeah,I have my backup........so, should I try patched and unmodded.........modded but not patched it or with none of those options above??

I couldnt get it to work either. I ended up playing with the patcher all day and got it by updating the 168 patcher and I disabled these patches:
Camera can switch views to land and air objects
Disable intro movies
Air to Air combat

The others are all selected except the all the advanced users, map colors, experimental.

Now the bar updates.

Dodo11 08-20-14 05:50 PM

How can i restore the information about contacts on the tai map , such as speed? I dont use the real navigation patch.

Rocko 08-22-14 12:26 AM

Can only sink a single convoy ship with manual targetting

Again, thanks for all the effort put on developing this very good mod.

I have the following challenge when attacking a convoy:

After manually entering the fire solution in the TDC (speed, range, AOB, etc) and firing the torpedoes usually I get a good hit.

However, after manually entering the solution for a new target, all the torpedoes miss ...

Do I need to 'reset' something ? Please provide your advise.

:arrgh!:

Soul_IT 08-25-14 06:51 AM

I really like the mega-mod, I was fed up of SHV due to the daunting mod soup it needed only to become playable, now thanks to this work I am into it again! :D:woot:
I appreciate a lot the real navigation, it's really immersive and make the sim much more credible! :up:
There is a little detail I really hate of the last silent hunter, with stock version the ships sink always in the same unrealistic way, so I used to add this mod to my old soup:
Better and Realistic Flotation
It's really good and makes the result of an attack much more interesting, and I would like to add it to the already cool Wolves of Steel mega-mod.
I fear instability though, so I would like to ask you, kind developers, if you think I can do that or maybe this is a bad idea, or maybe you can try that one out and add it for the next release, if that's possible :06:

Anyway thanks for the great effort, I really appreciate it and look forward for an even better SHV experience, THANKS! :):salute:

Damo 08-25-14 04:00 PM

Getting a permission denied message on mediafire, seems to be something to do with the Das Boot music, copyright claim maybe?

I have a decent mod soup set up but haven't played in a while so I have old versions of important mods, saw this and thought I'd give it a go as I don't really want to dissect my install yet again.

Any alternative links? Or can someone direct me to a post that has one as I don't have time to go through every page of this thread.

Choum 08-27-14 04:49 AM

It could be great to have a non-merged version of this mod to be able to put our own mod inside this megamod.
I'm trying to update this megamod with some mod I use but I don't find this mod (standalone version) to be able to respect the correct load order :

Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.0
FXU_0_0_22_No Starshells (.eqp Files)
FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris
Shells_zon
KDB+GHG Upgrade
Vecko - Compatibility Patches and Tweaks 7_5_0

My Fog & Underwater v0.1
My Waves v0.1.1

Choum 08-28-14 10:37 AM

hello all,
How to fix the UZO, it have a strange look on my game ?

http://uppix.com/t-Silent_Hunter___53ff4c8a001761d6.jpg

StinkiePoep 08-29-14 02:07 PM

Hey,

Today i started the campaign in the first mission, i came across 3 german ships fighting 2 polish ones.
in the end of the battle the victors left, and there was a burning ship left ..

I had to go quickly so i saved the game , ofc as expected i came back later and the ship was 100% repaired (reload game ofc).

Now i try to continue and after sailing like one hour, i come in range of a enemy harbour .. at a certain point my game keeps crashing, always around the same point.

I wonder if this is cause i broke the rule "dont save when AI is in render area" .. i actually hope so tbh so i know its my own fault .. but i find it wierd cus the "repaired ship" is already long gone when i see the harbour ..

thx in advance :)

Dragon81 08-29-14 02:37 PM

Hi StinkiePoep.
Is Uplay in offline mode? Is the synchronization of the savegames disabled?

StinkiePoep 08-29-14 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon81 (Post 2237556)
Hi StinkiePoep.
Is Uplay in offline mode? Is the synchronization of the savegames disabled?

Hey, not at first but tried it again later with offline mode (or is that to late then?), about the synchronization no i should do that now then :)

The scorpion 08-30-14 02:13 PM

I have been waiting for the wife to get me a laptop to play this version SH5,
It runs well but I am having trouble With the WOS mega mod or at least the installing order.
A big ask but could one of you kind Admirals/Captains post a screen shot of the GSGME folder as it should look
Any help would be appreciated.

Trost 08-31-14 04:04 AM

It's a Pain in the a** to install and it isn't even playable... takes forever to load and when it does the games CTD :down:

kemeri 08-31-14 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trost (Post 2237986)
It's a Pain in the a** to install and it isn't even playable... takes forever to load and when it does the games CTD :down:

Do you need help or just ...

http://risovach.ru/upload/2014/08/me...39_small_.jpeg

Soul_IT 09-01-14 03:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

A big ask but could one of you kind Admirals/Captains post a screen shot of the GSGME folder as it should look
Any help would be appreciated.
Here it is: