SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Trevally. 05-23-16 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406474)
hehe oh great. I guess i should get another 4 gig ram, just been too lazy.

:D
Re-reading the mem posts - I think it was 2GB ram and 1 gb vidoe (ah those were the days:D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2406463)
Low ram mem (4gb) with a high vid card ram (2gb) is the worst combo under a 32 bit OS:arrgh!:

See here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=316

vdr1981 05-24-16 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406461)
Tried many different things, nothing worked. I even rebooted computer, and then restarted SH5, reloaded the bunker save, chose another mission set out again and CTD continued. Maybe I had a corrupt set of saves from the Bunker save?

So, did try what I have told you to do or not?:hmm2:

Error log should be in Event viewer- Windows logs - Application

TheBeast 05-25-16 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406461)
Yes the reload usually works when its a coming into port CTD, though admittedly I usually do not restart the game, just reload, but it usually works. The CTD i kept having in my last campaign in HT about December 1940 was leaving Lorient and heading in a WNW direction. About 100-150 km out it would CTD. Tried many different things, nothing worked. I even rebooted computer, and then restarted SH5, reloaded the bunker save, chose another mission set out again and CTD continued. Maybe I had a corrupt set of saves from the Bunker save?

Are you using Snorkel? if so, is it Vertical or Horizontal Snorkel.
If any exhaust is enabled TWOS does not like it and you will need to disable all exhaust.

Coldcall 05-25-16 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2406854)
Are you using Snorkel? if so, is it Vertical or Horizontal Snorkel.
If any exhaust is enabled TWOS does not like it and you will need to disable all exhaust.

No not used snorkel at all.

Coldcall 05-25-16 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2406741)
So, did try what I have told you to do or not?:hmm2:

Error log should be in Event viewer- Windows logs - Application

You mean reloading just before the CTD normally happens? Yes tried that recently with the odd CTD and it works. But I have restarted whole campaign and reached HT again.

I looked at the error logs and cant see anything related to SH5. Iīd publish it here but itīs huge. Are there specific entries I should be looking for? I cant even tell which entries are related to the CTD.

vdr1981 05-25-16 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406858)
You mean reloading just before the CTD normally happens?

Not a "reload"...You have to exit the game completely.

auricom 05-25-16 08:41 AM

hi guys,

I am playing U-28 w/ 11 kills (+1 warship and 3 aircraft) into the Operation Monsun campaign in TWoS. I have exhausted my supply of torpedo's and am trying to 'load' my external reserves.

I've tried several saves/reloads.. Surfaced, running slow with calm weather conditions i have tried dragging the external store into the 'internal storage' slot, and the tube itself but nothing work.. it never 'drags' out of the box and never loads anywhere.

Any suggestion on how to make it work? Is this a known bug?

Coldcall 05-25-16 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2406916)
Not a "reload"...You have to exit the game completely.

Yes I tried that with the Brest/Lorient CTD which kept happening. Did not work. Thatīs why I reinstalled from scratch.

Any ways so far out of Lorient in this new campaign, 2 missions, no crashes in or out of port. Fingers crossed. I am keeping way more saves now :D

Edit: In fact was thinking about that again, and yes every time it CTDs i have to restart the game. I am bumped out completely and Uplay goes through itīs syncing saves malarkey.

vdr1981 05-25-16 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auricom (Post 2406917)
Is this a known bug?

Nope...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406919)
Yes I tried that with the Brest/Lorient CTD which kept happening. Did not work. Thatīs why I reinstalled from scratch.

Any ways so far out of Lorient in this new campaign, 2 missions, no crashes in or out of port. Fingers crossed. I am keeping way more saves now :D

How about to upload that problematic Lorient bunker gamesave?

Trevally. 05-25-16 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auricom (Post 2406917)
hi guys,

I am playing U-28 w/ 11 kills (+1 warship and 3 aircraft) into the Operation Monsun campaign in TWoS. I have exhausted my supply of torpedo's and am trying to 'load' my external reserves.

I've tried several saves/reloads.. Surfaced, running slow with calm weather conditions i have tried dragging the external store into the 'internal storage' slot, and the tube itself but nothing work.. it never 'drags' out of the box and never loads anywhere.

Any suggestion on how to make it work? Is this a known bug?

I am sure I can remember this being an issue (a few years ago). I feel it was tagged to a boat type (B perhaps?).:hmmm:

I assume you are in good weather, all stopped ans fully surfaced

Coldcall 05-25-16 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2406934)
Nope...

How about to upload that problematic Lorient bunker gamesave?

I deleted it when i started new campaign. If it happens again, Iīll keep and upload the save game. Really hoping it doesn't happen again!

auricom 05-25-16 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2406946)
I am sure I can remember this being an issue (a few years ago). I feel it was tagged to a boat type (B perhaps?).:hmmm:

I assume you are in good weather, all stopped ans fully surfaced

I think I tried it running at ahead slow. I didn't realize being stopped was a requirement?.. I will try that tonight. thanks for the tip.

vdr1981 05-25-16 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldcall (Post 2406949)
I deleted it when i started new campaign. If it happens again, Iīll keep and upload the save game. Really hoping it doesn't happen again!

Probably something "big" has been spawned just outside of the Lorient harbor, (large convoy, bunch of airplanes, a wolfpack ect)... This is really rare but maybe you were unfortunate enough.
Usually, problems like these can be successfully solved by tweaking your number of days spent in bunker in order to depart day or two before of after problematic date.
Whit TWoS this can be done by using appropriate optional mod (FAQ) or trough KSDCommander settings...:yep:

vdr1981 05-25-16 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auricom (Post 2406951)
I think I tried it running at ahead slow. I didn't realize being stopped was a requirement?.. I will try that tonight. thanks for the tip.

Silent running OFF? :hmm2:
Slow speed is not required in SH5, you only have to be surfaced (kind of stupid, I know). Keep in mind that, in order to compensate for these limitation, external reserves transfer time is drastically increased in TWoS to 4-5 h or more...

Coldcall 05-25-16 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2406954)
Probably something "big" has been spawned just outside of the Lorient harbor, (large convoy, bunch of airplanes, a wolfpack ect)... This is really rare but maybe you were unfortunate enough.
Usually, problems like these can be successfully solved by tweaking your number of days spent in bunker in order to depart day or two before of after problematic date.
Whit TWoS this can be done by using appropriate optional mod (FAQ) or trough KSDCommander settings...:yep:

Okay cheers. Yes Iīve noticed a few CTDs before just before running into a massive convoy in mid atlantic, so could have been something like that, which having loaded Lorient and surrounding area, my pc could not handle the big spawn it was running into before leaving Lorient vicinity.