SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 12-14-15 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366097)
Yes, but when i miss, or when i sunk. I wan't to load game near enemy, not again hours before, in bunker. I have alot of save's ,,stable" in bunker and other in sea.

nwm.... nobody is tell u how to play games.... but this game is a simulation game which one need time and patience.....this is not a FPS where u can rush through the game...... and when u save near a enemy ship next time when u load the game u have big chance to have a heavy fog, bad weather, CDT's no enemy ship etc. etc.

vdr1981 12-14-15 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2366025)
Had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I'm patrolling in the Happy Times I get a "unidentified ship spotted" from my watch crew. I'm thinking it's odd because normally I'd get a "smoke on the horizon" before I get anything else. So I think it's maybe just because of the light fog. Well after I get the first call out....about 5 seconds a get an "aircraft spotted" at the same bearing. Since I don't F around with aircraft and crashdived immediately. I stopped around 30 meters and did a sound check.....and to my surprise there was no sound contact. proceed to periscope depth to look around. I'm surprised to see about 8 unidentified aircraft flying in formation. Well I figure they are not trying to attack me....so i surface at all stop. My crew then calls out both a contact and an aircraft spotted in the same direction of the aircraft. It's obvious they are one and the same thing they are talking about. Just weird!!! They ended up coming back in front of my bow at long range. Two of them end up colliding.

Yes, that's airplanes over spawn bug which I was talking about here...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...89818&page=382
Try not to save game when you see these guys around you or there's high possibility that your gamesave will be corrupted!:yep: If the bug occurs frequently then disable "Airbases/Cariers spawn airplanes" patches via TDW generic patcher (there are two of them IIRC)...

finchOU 12-14-15 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2366129)
Yes, that's airplanes over spawn bug which I was talking about here...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...89818&page=382
Try not to save game when you see these guys around you or there's high possibility that your gamesave will be corrupted!:yep: If the bug occurs frequently then disable "Airbases/Cariers spawn airplanes" patches via TDW generic patcher (there are two of them IIRC)...

Too Late! lol. Got a corrupted game file and auto save....luckily I only lost about 12 hours game time from my last save and no tonnage. Thanks!

vdr1981 12-14-15 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2366162)
Too Late! lol. Got a corrupted game file and auto save....luckily I only lost about 12 hours game time from my last save and no tonnage. Thanks!

:up: Not sure why why is this happening but I guess mentioned airplane spawn patches have to do something with it...Maybe I should disable them in the next update...:hmmm:

ReLax 12-14-15 04:07 PM

Greetings,

is there any way to make the learning curve in this mod a little bit lower? I mean, Iam getting hell of confused trying to maneuver my boat with real navigation, calculating a proper course estimating the enemy AOB and so on. Is there any way to get a soft-core version of that or an Beginner-Way? At least something that allows map icons?
Or atleast someone who has time to explain me how to do all this whizz-wheel thing? The manual even confuses me more...

Thx for answers.

gap 12-14-15 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2366219)
:up: Not sure why why is this happening but I guess mentioned airplane spawn patches have to do something with it...Maybe I should disable them in the next update...:hmmm:

Isn't saving when a plane is in rendering range not advisable anyway? To me it looks like a stock bug. Once it was only noticeable near land as only airbases could spawn aircraft, but now TDW patch makes it to show up even in mid-Atlantic :hmm2:

THEBERBSTER 12-14-15 07:49 PM

Hi Relax

Code:

Is there any way to get a soft-core version of that or an Beginner-Way?
Disable the Real Navigation mod.
Add the Wind and Smoke addon mod found in the mods folder in patch 13.
Enable it last.

Use TDW's Options File Editor Viewer to customize the settings you want to use in your game.
Disable your mods before doing this.

Check also what game play options are enabled from the main menu when the game loads.
This all needs to be done when in the bunker.

You could also start a new campaign with a lower realism setting as another way of learning the game.

Peter

Sokolov 12-15-15 01:56 AM

I can't understand, I started my campaign with Enviroment mod by V_Clear using JSGME, now i turned off this mod and the water become is grey. ANother thing, that i ended first patrol in Kiel and can't get a mission (even in Baltic area)

Sjizzle 12-15-15 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366302)
I can't understand, I started my campaign with Enviroment mod by V_Clear using JSGME, now i turned off this mod and the water become is grey. ANother thing, that i ended first patrol in Kiel and can't get a mission (even in Baltic area)

TWoS has his environment u don't need to add another env. mod u must be at kiel around 2-3 sept 1939 and u can take a new mission from the officer in the bunker

Sokolov 12-15-15 02:39 AM

Well, i'm in bunker at 2 sept. and don't have any mission... And, as i said, i turned off another environmental mod, but the water lost color... I turned off another environment, re-turn on TWoS and patch, started patrol without a mission and still water have not color.
Only thing that i have bugged with Environment mod by V_Clear that when i surfased constantly recharging battery turning off, becouse boat like diving as i think, and if i delete files in submarine folder (stay on TWoS files) i have some bugs. So, here the question: what i did wrong with TWoS or how i can use another Environment files without a bugs, i mean waht files can make this?

THEBERBSTER 12-15-15 04:45 AM

Hi Sokolov

Code:

Well, i'm in bunker at 2 sept. and don't have any mission...

The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

- I've arrived in Kiel but I cant select Eastern British Coastal Waters objective, only Danzing objective is available?

Campaign objectives are date controlled and EBCW objective will not be available until 4th September 1939.

Peter

Sokolov 12-15-15 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2366326)
Hi Sokolov

Code:

Well, i'm in bunker at 2 sept. and don't have any mission...

The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

- I've arrived in Kiel but I cant select Eastern British Coastal Waters objective, only Danzing objective is available?

Campaign objectives are date controlled and EBCW objective will not be available until 4th September 1939.

Peter

i mean any mission, not only british coastal...
If there are no other mission, except first, until 4 sept. and i finished my first mission, how can i move time forward, only begin a patrol without mission? ANd i still can't get, why the water have no color, i did all, how was described in that thread...

gap 12-15-15 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366302)

That's okay.

Dynamic Environment, which is ipart of TWoS, will give you a green-grey water colour (approximately as seen in Das Boot) in the Baltic, in the Arctic Sea around the coasts of Norway, in North Sea and Atlantic Ocean around the coasts of UK, and in a few other spots on the world map. This is to mimic the upwelling phenomenon really happening in the areas listed above.

Once you get in open waters, seawater will turn deep ocean blue. There are more colours than the two mentioned above though: electric blue for circumpolar areas, turquoise for the Mediterranean, emerald green for equatorial areas, etc, and indeed each area has different colour shades depending on time of the day and weather conditions.

In any case, should you hate the greyish water effect you can turn it off by enabling one of the "no murky waters" addons of Dynamic Environment on top of The Wolves of Steel :up:.

THEBERBSTER 12-15-15 08:46 AM

Hi sokolov
Code:

If there are no other mission, except first, until 4 sept.
No there are not any.
You can start a new patrol from the flotilla leader before the next mission appears on the map.
The difference here is that you will not receive patrol grid objectives.
New missions will appear when their due date starts.
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats

Alternatively when on the bridge without selecting a mission you will see the Anchor.
Click on the Anchor and select End The Patrol.
Load the save.
When you go to the flotilla leader this time for a new mission you will have advanced your bunker time and the new mission will now be showing on the map which can now be requested.
Do not forget to make the important bunker save and then load it before putting to sea.

Peter

Sokolov 12-15-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2366339)
That's okay.

Dynamic Environment, which is ipart of TWoS, will give you a green-grey water colour (approximately as seen in Das Boot) in the Baltic, in the Arctic Sea around the coasts of Norway, in North Sea and Atlantic Ocean around the coasts of UK, and in a few other spots on the world map. This is to mimic the upwelling phenomenon really happening in the areas listed above.

Once you get in open waters, seawater will turn deep ocean blue. There are more colours than the two mentioned above though: electric blue for circumpolar areas, turquoise for the Mediterranean, emerald green for equatorial areas, etc, and indeed each area has different colour shades depending on time of the day and weather conditions.

In any case, should you hate the greyish water effect you can turn it off by enabling one of the "no murky waters" addons of Dynamic Environment on top of The Wolves of Steel :up:.

I live in Saint-Petersburg and, what i know, that is water color can't be absolutely grey (what i saw in game) if the sky is blue, becouse color of the sky reflecting in sea water. What i know, it's that the color of water depends of what it reflects.