SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Repaired batteries don't hold full charge? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252304)

Zero Niner 04-06-22 02:34 AM

Repaired batteries don't hold full charge?

I sustained some light damage to the bow batteries during a surface engagement. It has since been repaired. However battery charge never goes above 92% now, no matter how long I'm surfaced and charging. Does this reflect damage that can only be repaired in base?

Bubblehead1980 04-06-22 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Niner (Post 2802273)
I sustained some light damage to the bow batteries during a surface engagement. It has since been repaired. However battery charge never goes above 92% now, no matter how long I'm surfaced and charging. Does this reflect damage that can only be repaired in base?

Correct, your batteries lost 8 percent of their charge capacity due to damage from the hit. Once thought it was a bug, but after testing many modifications, found it is part of the damage model. We just have a inadequate damage information system in SH 4. Like when a torpedo tube is repaired according to screen, but still does not work, because the outer door was blown off (if have external view can see doors missing). While the DC screen shows repairs to the tube itself, it does not display about a key mechanism that was destroyed.

Mad Mardigan 04-06-22 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2802280)
Correct, your batteries lost 8 percent of their charge capacity due to damage from the hit. Once thought it was a bug, but after testing many modifications, found it is part of the damage model. We just have a inadequate damage information system in SH 4. Like when a torpedo tube is repaired according to screen, but still does not work, because the outer door was blown off (if have external view can see doors missing). While the DC screen shows repairs to the tube itself, it does not display about a key mechanism that was destroyed.

As I recall... is either in KSD II (& perhaps as well in KSD II: Ace edition, or Oper. Monsun: Dark... if not both... haven't tooled about much in either... owing to doing a bit of testing, of late (as well as dealing with real life... :shucks:)

On the torp doors being added in & do show damages, up to including... wrecked.

As for the bats... hmm... don't think that was corrected in either of those, though.

Would be nice to have an actual honest to god, damage control station... that would accurately reflect damages to your sub/s... regardless of which flag you were flying & sailing under.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

KaleunMarco 04-06-22 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Niner (Post 2802273)

+1 on BH's post.

Damage to batteries will be with you until you complete the patrol.

razark 04-06-22 06:17 PM

I know I've seen it happen, and if I recall correctly, you need to manually stop the battery charge, or it will waste fuel trying to charge all the way up.

Bubblehead1980 04-06-22 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razark (Post 2802404)
I know I've seen it happen, and if I recall correctly, you need to manually stop the battery charge, or it will waste fuel trying to charge all the way up.

Correct. I have also had it where battery capacity after damage and repair, continues to fall after each subsequent dive and recharge...Went from 90 percent capacity to only charging to 85. By end of patrol, three weeks after damage, battery capacity as down to 70 percent, in spite of suffering no further damage.

KaleunMarco 04-06-22 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2802411)
Correct. I have also had it where battery capacity after damage and repair, continues to fall after each subsequent dive and recharge...Went from 90 percent capacity to only charging to 85. By end of patrol, three weeks after damage, battery capacity as down to 70 percent, in spite of suffering no further damage.

THAT is interesting.
i have never experienced that performance.:hmmm: