SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Square7 02-12-15 11:25 AM

Thank you for your quick response.

The changes I did:
I enabled the snorkel and reactivated the option to turn off the TDC (I am too lazy to do the math most of the times but I like to have the option to do it sometimes). Besides that I changed the automation settings for the teleskopes the way they do not automatically move (neither up nor down).

@Trevally
The 3 screenshots show how I try to accept the mission. It is in the bunker. The first picture is before I pressed the "request mission" button, and the second and third are after I pressed it.

I suddenly encountert another problem (or maybe not?): My crew suddenly runs at 0% efficiency. Well everybody but the navigator, he is at 50%. Is that a wanted feature?

Another thing is: The objective markers on the map disappaear after loading a save, I can then still click the one on the top left corner left to the name of the mission and it takes me to the position on the map but the marker and so the description text (e.g. "patrol the asigned area xx") are gone.

vdr1981 02-12-15 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Square7 (Post 2286873)
Thank you for your quick response.

The changes I did:
I enabled the snorkel and reactivated the option to turn off the TDC (I am too lazy to do the math most of the times but I like to have the option to do it sometimes). Besides that I changed the automation settings for the teleskopes the way they do not automatically move (neither up nor down).

Snorkel in 1939 ?:hmm2: OK, you're good to go...:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Square7 (Post 2286873)
I suddenly encountert another problem (or maybe not?): My crew suddenly runs at 0% efficiency. Well everybody but the navigator, he is at 50%. Is that a wanted feature?

That's not OHII related, and probably not the problem at all, efficiency will increase gradually as you making a progres... I'll check what's going on in my campaign...

Square7 02-12-15 11:43 AM

Yes I know my current setup is not that realistic but I just really wanted to try out this snorkel and I love it :D (I never used SH mods before at all until this week).

I think normally the crew effiecency should be 50% by default and increase or decrease dynamically.

So right now I am trying something else: Could the SH5 in the windows users document folder could cause the problems? Looks like the game stores all saves and career data in there but I did not remove it when reinstalling. So I erased it, started the game and as I ecpected it recreated the vanilla version of this folder. So I closed the game made the changes to the main config and right now I am trying to start a new career and hope for the best :D

Edit: Well this fixed the effiecency problem, so I should forget about trying to use my other save but since its just one mission ahead that is not that big of a deal at all. I bet the OHII problem has to do with this too but I'll see when I get there. But the freezing problem is still persistent...

vdr1981 02-12-15 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Square7 (Post 2286880)

Edit: Well this fixed the effiecency problem, so I should forget about trying to use my other save but since its just one mission ahead that is not that big of a deal at all. I bet the OHII problem has to do with this too but I'll see when I get there. But the freezing problem is still persistent...

You're attacking them before the war actually starts maybe? Yous should waith until midnight...

test_m4a1 02-12-15 02:48 PM

Edited - problem solved on my own :)

Square7 02-12-15 02:50 PM

Oh yea you are right about that I totally forget that :D But anyways: Everything seems to be fine now. I just sunk HMS Roayl Oak, I am really happy that works. But one minor "problem": Will I get a cross for that mission? I headed out before the mission became available, on my way there it was available and the status bar did fill up now. But will it count for the campaign? And can I got head for my patrol on the east coast now without accepting that mission either? Would be rally sad if I had to reload, then instantly end my patrol just to fast forwad the time and then accept the misison, do it, head back, accept the other mission...

Edit:
Oh okay I got the cross now, very very nice.
Well I am happy now. Seems like I can finally enjoy just playing a bit, everything works.

Thenk you very much for your help! This community is awesome

vdr1981 02-13-15 01:06 PM

Patch 3 is uploaded, check out subsim download area and readme documentation.

There may be one more patch to come, the patch which will require restart of the campaign and that's gonna be it for the next period.

steakbbq 02-13-15 07:15 PM

Very nice mod thanks!

I am using it with

AilSmoke 1.7
AilRain 1.0
Ailmoon 1.5
AilClouds 3.0
Ailbubbles 1.0
AilDeckwave 1.0
and
Moon_light_mod

These really should be included, all top notch graphics additions.

EDIT: also using

sobers Realistic contrast V15 SH5
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english

EDIT EDIT:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167447
Link to the ailmods

Sone7 02-16-15 12:55 PM

Can someone clarify a bit what changes WoS makes to crew special abilities?
Thanks in advance! ;)

vdr1981 02-16-15 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2288285)
Can someone clarify a bit what changes WoS makes to crew special abilities?
Thanks in advance! ;)

Check out readme files for :

Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 by Rongel
Real U-Boat Performance - Type VII v1.7

Sone7 02-16-15 01:31 PM

Thank You for the response!
If these are the only changes, I assume some of the commands, like revealing hidden contacts and improving max dive depth, are still there etc. Any plans to play with them in the future to achieve something more "realistic"?
The reason I'm asking is because I'd really like to get rid of those (remember No Magic Skills?), but.. I'm just unable to do it myself, doesn't look like a simple thing to do; and other than that I'm really eager to give SH5 with WoS a try :arrgh!:

NVM, realising the idea behind current state of things, I suppose it is probably not viable to change all sub specs just for the sake of removing some odd skills/dialog options.
:salute:

eagleFMJ 02-18-15 11:37 PM

Great compilation of mods loving it so far!

I am having a bit of trouble though, I am trying to figure out this "Real Nav" mod. I have followed the install instructions exactly, I also have the Steam version of the game, I got the Generic Patcher working thanks to sirrawrsalot's thread.

I have only enabled Megamod first, patch3 2nd & TDW real nav 3rd via JSGME. I get no errors and everything thing seems to have installed properly.

In game I have enabled the real nav script for the time of day. When I click the "Celestial" fix button the navigator reports back no coordinates, even on clear weather. Is there a trick to get this working? Dead reckoning seems to work fine today however yesterday is was like way off, lol.

I am a nOOB when it comes to the real nav stuff, so is there something I have over looked? :hmm2:

Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/pZ7nsTr.jpg

kevinsue 02-19-15 03:14 AM

G'day vdr1981,

I installed Real U-Boat Performance - Type VII v1.7 into my mod mix to check it out during my current patrol :nope:(yeah I know I'm supposed to do it in the bunker!!)

All was well except when I went to Flank speed, my boat was doing 22 knots! What I noticed was that each time I used Flank speed, any save games thereafter , auto or manual would CTD when loading.

I went back to a save game prior to using flank speed and they load alright.
I then remove the mod and all was well again with the save games again untill I needed to use Flank speed again and my boat would only do 14 knots!
That was with the batteries not being charged.

I was trying to run down a Uekel Medium Composite Freighter, and fourteen knots would just not do it, so I asked the Motorman to redline the diesels and got 18 knots. After that the save games were once again corrupted.

My thoughts was that it had something to do with the changes to the SpecialAbilities.upc .

I disabled all of my mods, replaced the SpecialAbilities.upc, NSS_Uboat7c.cfg and NSS_Uboat7c.sim with pristine files and re enabled all the mods again excluding Real U-Boat Performance.

My boat still only makes 14 knots on the surface and just over 4 knots submerged with full batteries at Flank speed.

Not sure where to look next as this game seems to make vast amounts of replications of various files, especially in save games.

I would really love to be able to complete a campaign without something happening like Uplay updating etc and corrupting the files or some other calamity wrecking my game.:nope:

any ideas would be appreciated...

My mod mix for info:

Quote:

Accurate German Flags
sobers game loading tips V8 SH5
DBM Background Video
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
silentmichal's interior mod 1.2.4
silentmichal's interior mod v 1.2.4b
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Fix SteelViking-HotSoup-WaterDrips
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - Breakwater Piers
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
BSF_Lite Dynamic Env Compatible
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.a Enhanced Visibility (medium)
DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved)
Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
Small_trees_SH5_V1
Sober's smoke screen (DynEnv&OldStyle Explosions compatible)
sobers more trees SH5
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Hinged Snorkel_CTD Fix
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n
Fifi mods for NewUIs V2
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part1_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 2_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 4_20.07.2013
Sjizzle's - MarineQuadrat Charts for NewUIs v. 0.00.2
Equip_Upgrade_Dates_Chart
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Flag_Wind_Patch
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
MQK Gradient_IO
MQK LocationMaps_IO
MQK ShapeTextures_NO
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 Grid Req Fix
SH5 External Cargo 1.0
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + independent control patches).7z
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.7 by vdr1981_Main mod
R.S.D. v5.7 - Indestructible UZO patch
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
Critical hits v 1.2 Gun
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Old Stile Explosions Baza_FX (DynEnv compatible)
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
Wasserbomben
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
Trevally TDC Help v2
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04
BBC World
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
sobers removed Z dat ships
sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod SH5 V2
Shadow Improvement ModLR
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
Warfox deck crew always whispering SH5 German Version
WHF-FUC_We Have Flooding-Flooding Under Control_Fix
SH5_Sinking_ship_hydro_fix
Shallow Waters Voice Be Gone
sobers No bullet trasers SH5
AMMO_v1.0_SH5_by_Raven_2012
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
nVidia missing lights
Ship Capsize & Listing Effects 1.0_by vdr1981
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers best ever fog V31 SH5
sobers storm Clouds v2 SH5
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms-July 2014
ALTAC

kevinsue 02-19-15 05:04 AM

Update....Just replaced the entire Silent Hunter 5 with a pristine version, did the required patching etc.

Using the original saves in "SH5 User My Documents", I still only get 14 knots!!!:/\\!!

It would appear to have to be one of the files in "SH5 User My Documents" as everything else is pristine....I just can't find which one:wah:

vdr1981 02-19-15 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleFMJ (Post 2289125)
Great compilation of mods loving it so far!

I am having a bit of trouble though, I am trying to figure out this "Real Nav" mod. I have followed the install instructions exactly, I also have the Steam version of the game, I got the Generic Patcher working thanks to sirrawrsalot's thread.

I have only enabled Megamod first, patch3 2nd & TDW real nav 3rd via JSGME. I get no errors and everything thing seems to have installed properly.

In game I have enabled the real nav script for the time of day. When I click the "Celestial" fix button the navigator reports back no coordinates, even on clear weather. Is there a trick to get this working? Dead reckoning seems to work fine today however yesterday is was like way off, lol.

I am a nOOB when it comes to the real nav stuff, so is there something I have over looked? :hmm2:

Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/pZ7nsTr.jpg

Seems fine to me...Navigator needs some time to take celestial fix, 1-2 h...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2289160)
Update....Just replaced the entire Silent Hunter 5 with a pristine version, did the required patching etc.

Using the original saves in "SH5 User My Documents", I still only get 14 knots!!!:/\\!!

It would appear to have to be one of the files in "SH5 User My Documents" as everything else is pristine....I just can't find which one:wah:

You must start new campaign when you editing submarine sim files(or enababling the mod which change them). If I remember correctly I stated that in the redme documantation for RUP too...You shoud not use old game saves.