SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Reworked Morale & Abilities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=195193)

volodya61 12-27-13 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2156643)
..where I can find those settings?

IIRC in the Uboat.sim files..

vdr1981 12-27-13 03:59 PM

Cpy, tnx Volodya!:up:

volodya61 12-27-13 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2156660)
Cpy, tnx Volodya!:up:

Unfortunately there are settings only for the external torpedoes transfer.. where are settings for the ordinary torpedoes recharge time I didn't find..

vdr1981 01-01-14 10:25 AM

Hm, this is the ability I would like to have back. It's one of the few SH5 abilities that make sense but it's removed from some reason.:hmmm: Any hint how to get it back? SpecialAbilities.upc , CrewMembers.upc?

http://s6.postimg.org/4won8ng8h/SH5_...6_17_15_34.png

Rongel 01-02-14 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2158673)
Hm, this is the ability I would like to have back. It's one of the few SH5 abilities that make sense but it's removed from some reason.:hmmm: Any hint how to get it back? SpecialAbilities.upc , CrewMembers.upc?

Yep, I removed that from the mod, because it wasn't really working at all. That ability affected only two values, SurfaceSpeed and SubmergedSpeed. So infact it only made the boat go faster. Diving times were ofcourse faster as well, but so was boats travel speed submerged and surfaced. There is no actual commands in special abilities that affect only diving. But if you want to edit it back, you can find it in SpecialAbilities.upc.

Raven_2012 01-04-14 07:32 PM

Is this compatible with OH II 1.7? And is this the order the mod should go in:

OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7
OHII v1.7 patch1
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_Patch_1_AFFOE_151
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1

This mod wants to overwrite a lot of AIX files in OH II 1.7.

moha14881 08-25-15 04:47 AM

In the navigator max depth ability the increases are listed as 3,6,9,12,15. What? in meters, %, feet or kilometers. Also from what depth? 180m or 260m?

VikingSail 06-04-18 08:36 PM

I know it's been a few years since the release of this mod. I enjoy the changes so far but there is one small problem.
I got here because I found out this mod is included in the Wolves of Steel mod. So I figured my problem in the game might be caused by this mod.

One passive ability of the Bosun: moral decay, doesn't change its percentage number no matter how many promotion points I spend on "confident officer". So far I have upgraded that ability to level 4. But the percentage bar is still at 50%.

Does anyone happend to know where and how could I fix it, if it's caused by the mod or not?

Ashikaga 02-18-20 10:20 PM

I would not how how to change it but my Bosun once lost all morale points (not one left) and refused outright to do crew maintenance or emergency morale boost. I had him court martialed and executed for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

I think it would be far more realistic if the Bosun at least would keep one morale dot yellow at all times. that is his main task anyway.

Hope that can be modded into a future release of TWOS.

U-190 10-25-21 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2650198)
I would not how how to change it but my Bosun once lost all morale points (not one left) and refused outright to do crew maintenance or emergency morale boost. I had him court martialed and executed for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

I think it would be far more realistic if the Bosun at least would keep one morale dot yellow at all times. that is his main task anyway.

Hope that can be modded into a future release of TWOS.

:D :up:

gap 10-25-21 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2650198)
I would not how how to change it but my Bosun once lost all morale points (not one left) and refused outright to do crew maintenance or emergency morale boost.

You can pretend that he had developped a post-traumatic stress disorder.

Did you tell the cook to dissolve a couple of Pervitin tablets in his ration?
Probably half a bottle would have been enough to fill his morale pool to the brim :D

U-190 10-25-21 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2775931)
You can pretend that he had developped a post-traumatic stress disorder.

Did you tell the cook to dissolve a couple of Pervitin tablets in his ration?
Probably half a bottle would have been enough to fill his morale pool to the brim :D

:D :up:

Ashikaga 11-14-23 03:03 PM

Sorry to revive this old topic but where can I find the files/config settings to change the abilities myself?

I want my radioman to send messages safely and have the icon timer set on a longer time than it is visible when I click on the command.

Best,

Ashi

propbeanie 11-15-23 11:18 AM

The basic abilities stuff is in the Data \UPCDataGE \UPCCrewData folder, between the CrewMembers.upc and SpecialAbilities.upc files. However, SH5 can "modify" those somewhat with the various Data \Scripts \AI folders files, along with the Capaigns \CampaignProjects various folders and files with *.aix extensions. Various modders have attempted to tweak some of those files, and had some success, some failures, and some disappointments... the usual when attempting to mod anything Silent Hunter... lol :salute:

Ashikaga 11-22-23 03:06 PM

Thanks Propbeanie!

Best,

Ashi.