SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Reworked Morale & Abilities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=195193)

Stormfly 09-17-12 05:16 PM

hi Rongel,

any chance of a german version of it ?

Rongel 09-18-12 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfly (Post 1935528)
hi Rongel,

any chance of a german version of it ?

Hi! Sorry but my german is really bad, well actually it doesn't even exist.
But if somebody wants to translate it, just go ahead!

GT182 09-19-12 11:05 PM

Gap and Rongel, Now I understand from you explanations on how moral and fatigue work in SH5.. Just the same tho, you guys are doing a fine job. Keep it up. I'll be installing your mod asap. My thanks to you both. :salute:

gap 09-20-12 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 1936625)
Gap and Rongel, Now I understand from you explanations on how moral and fatigue work in SH5.. Just the same tho, you guys are doing a fine job. Keep it up. I'll be installing your mod asap. My thanks to you both. :salute:

Thank you for your compliments GT182, :smug:

but to Rongel's credit I must say that they are a bit too exaggerated for me to accept them... sure enough, besides loving it I haven't anything to do with this mod! :03:

hanspetterbre 09-22-12 12:36 AM

worked perfect

Interpol 10-07-12 04:08 PM

I sunk a Royal Sovereign and a Repulse in Scapa flow, received no morale boost.

Is there anyway of editing a file to reactivate sinking Merchants giving a morale boost as I'll be mostly sinking merchants in my career.

Thanks.

Rongel 10-08-12 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interpol (Post 1945243)
I sunk a Royal Sovereign and a Repulse in Scapa flow, received no morale boost.

Is there anyway of editing a file to reactivate sinking Merchants giving a morale boost as I'll be mostly sinking merchants in my career.

Thanks.

Hmm... That's really weird, just checked the file, should be okay. Could it be that docked ships don't count?

If you want back the morale boost by merchants, open the data/scripts/ai/events/gameplay_shipsunk.aix and edit the merchants section. But I took it out for a good reason, the increase was just too much! :D

Interpol 10-08-12 06:00 AM

Greatly appreciated Rongel, I was hoping to edit the merchants to give slightly less morale but then again if that was possible you would have done it lol.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes, Thanks again. :up:

Edit: 0.5, sunk 4 - 5 Freighters/Troop Transports which gave me around 15 - 20% morale boost. Perfect for me. :03:

NiKuTa 11-13-12 06:01 AM

Hi, Is there any change to DL this mod from other side? GAMEFRONT sux and I can't DL this mod from this side. My country is blocked.

NiKuTa 11-16-12 10:30 AM

Pls can any one put this mod on other side ??I need this mod to start a new capaign

gap 11-16-12 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiKuTa (Post 1961290)
Pls can any one put this mod on other side ??I need this mod to start a new capaign

Rongel is an active member: I am sure he will reupload his mod as soon as possible :up:

Rongel 11-17-12 08:33 AM

Hi!

Updated the first page with a new link! Hope it works now!

Yes, I am an active member, but currently very very very horribly busy so unfortunately submarine stuff is now at hold... but i'll be back!

gap 11-17-12 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongel (Post 1961709)
Hi!

Updated the first page with a new link! Hope it works now!

Yes, I am an active member, but currently very very very horribly busy so unfortunately submarine stuff is now at hold... but i'll be back!

Yep, an "active member" of the worst sort, almost bordering the "penitent lurker" :haha: :D

Fifi 02-14-13 09:31 PM

That is a really awesome mod Rongel :up:

I've been using it for a while now, and i just couldn't play SH5 without it, but a question though:
On long patrols, morale is down to no points...how does it affect the crew?
Meaning slower to dive the sub, or slower to man the DG/Flak? :06:

BTW, on way to patrol area, i've sinked a battleship (more than 30000 t) but i didn't see any morale boost...:hmm2:

Rongel 02-15-13 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2009936)
That is a really awesome mod Rongel :up:

I've been using it for a while now, and i just couldn't play SH5 without it, but a question though:
On long patrols, morale is down to no points...how does it affect the crew?
Meaning slower to dive the sub, or slower to man the DG/Flak? :06:

BTW, on way to patrol area, i've sinked a battleship (more than 30000 t) but i didn't see any morale boost...:hmm2:

Thanks, nice to hear you like the mod! :sunny:

When crews morale is zero, it actually doesn't affect their efficiency, SH 5 has no crew fatigue modelled in it. So all the basic stuff work like before, diving, firing etc. But you can't use any special abilities that require morale points, for example adding more crew to damage control, redlining engines, pre-heating torpedos, special meal etc. So you are in a tight spot, this might be question of life and death!

That battleship issue is strange, I think somebody else mentioned it too. Weird thing is that I haven't touched that setting at all, it's still like in stock SH 5. I wonder if it works in stock game. Must remember to test this in historic mission...

But please report more issues if you find them, I think there is still room for improvement!