SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fleetboat Interior: Officers Quarters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244691)

Treetop64 07-12-20 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 2671402)

Nice. This will get me to actually use S-boats.

Also - and I know this is asking a lot - but was just wondering if there were any future plans on modeling the machinery compartments, steering room, etc. Not only for the pig boats but for the fleet boats as well.

Aware that would be more demanding than modelling living spaces, with a lot of intricate 3D of complex shapes, much of it extending below deck. Was just wondering, thats all.

Thank you. :)

fitzcarraldo 07-12-20 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treetop64 (Post 2682879)
Nice. This will get me to actually use S-boats.

Also - and I know this is asking a lot - but was just wondering if there were any future plans on modeling the machinery compartments, steering room, etc. Not only for the pig boats but for the fleet boats as well.

Aware that would be more demanding than modelling living spaces, with a lot of intricate 3D of complex shapes, much of it extending below deck. Was just wondering, thats all.

Thank you. :)

I don't know if the game 3D engine could manage it without serious drop of FPS or CTDs...

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Eradico 08-24-20 09:36 AM

Love This Mod

Thank you so much for your mod. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it browsing SUBSIM. I think it was in 2014 when I stopped playing SH4 because I wanted a ship with more interior space. I started playing SH5 for this reason but quit because I found it to be too unstable. It wasn't long after that I started playing Star Citizen. I recently put it down because I'm frustrated with it's development.
I just started playing SH5 TWoS again after watching a bunch of YouTube videos and seeing how stable the game has become. So when I seen your mod I fired up SH4. And yes, I'm real happy with your mod.
I have a good gaming computer. I'm running ~ 56 FPM in the Officers Quarters.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65492MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti x 2 (SLI)

I'm happy to be playing SH4 again.
So, Thanx again and I look forward to your future developments.

Aktungbby 08-24-20 09:47 AM

welcome back!

Eradico!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 9 year silent run!:up:

Eradico 08-24-20 10:51 AM

Thank you Aktungbby!
I missed the boats. These games are old but still good thanks to the modders that keep them going and a great gaming community.

Bubblehead1980 08-24-20 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradico (Post 2691737)
Thank you Aktungbby!
I missed the boats. These games are old but still good thanks to the modders that keep them going and a great gaming community.

Isn't it great? A sim that is now 13 years old still a blast to run thanks to an amazing community

Moin 08-24-20 04:24 PM

I have installed it for a quick look in TMO ... Wow... great work and it produce really a nice atmosphere!

Eradico 08-30-20 10:44 AM

Missing Deck Gun

I was wondering if it was just me or if this is a known problem. While playing Submarine School's Artillery Training EZ I noticed that my deck gun was missing when using this mod.

JSGME Activated Mods
CarotioIntercontinentalRadioPack
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.2_EN
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.1_EN
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
RAHGoldWatchMod
FooBor's PORPOISE BLACK HI-RES V1.0

When I deleted Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters from my activated mods list the deck gun reappeared and was no longer missing.

The only change I made to this mod was I Edited the Cpt.Room Labels: LABEL_CPT.dds and LABEL_CPT2.dds with my game name using paint.net.

I love your mod and this is in no way a game breaker.
Anyway I was just curious and any response will be appreciated.
Thank you.

vickers03 08-30-20 12:18 PM

Quote:

When I deleted Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters from my activated mods list the deck gun reappeared and was no longer missing.
i just checked in FOTRSU 1.1 the deckgun is still there. maybe it`s
because the mod is not adapted to 1.2 yet:ping:

Bubblehead1980 08-30-20 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moin (Post 2691783)
I have installed it for a quick look in TMO ... Wow... great work and it produce really a nice atmosphere!

There is a TMO version ?

Moin 08-30-20 01:04 PM

No, it was an all or nothing try in my TMO install!
I have then loaded a single mission with a Porpoise class boat and ... voila!
But i didnt click anything, only a quick look!

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
2.1 TMO_SubTextures_FooSkin
Poul-Sound for SH4
Captain Midnights MORE CBS NEWS! MOD v1,2
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC
My Compilation for TMO 2.5
Airstrikes_V1.3_TMO2.5_RSRDC
New Missions for TMO2.5

Eradico 08-30-20 01:59 PM

Missing Deck Gun

vickers03 Thank you for the quick reply. I'm surely not an expert but your mod not being adapted to v1.2 yet sounds like the probable cause. Maybe some Skipper that has 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.2_EN and your mod installed can test this out.

Thanks again for all that you do for our community.

propbeanie 08-30-20 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradico (Post 2692764)
I was wondering if it was just me or if this is a known problem. While playing Submarine School's Artillery Training EZ I noticed that my deck gun was missing when using this mod.

JSGME Activated Mods
RAHGoldWatchMod

The only change I made to this mod was I Edited the Cpt.Room Labels: LABEL_CPT.dds and LABEL_CPT2.dds with my game name using paint.net.

I love your mod and this is in no way a game breaker.
Anyway I was just curious and any response will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 2692781)
i just checked in FOTRSU 1.1 the deckgun is still there. maybe it`s
because the mod is not adapted to 1.2 yet:ping:

No, it's not your mod, vickers03, nor FotRSU. I'm not certain of the mod list, but I do know that FotRSU will overwrite the radio pack mod ini file you have listed first, Eradico. But check your LAA (4gig Patch) activation on the SH4.exe file, and be certain that you deleted the Save folder before you run FotRSU. We do know that vickers03's mod works fine on top of FotRSU. The only difference between v1.2 and the v1.1 his mod was written for, are a few things on the Attack Table in the subs' interiors. Otherwise, it is for all practical purposes, 100% compatible. :salute:

Eradico 08-30-20 06:53 PM

Missing Deck Gun

propbeanie, I appreciate your input concerning this.
I rearranged my mods list:
JSGME Activated Mods
RAHGoldWatchMod
I should note that I'm running a modified Radio Pack ini file because I added two radio stations to the mod.
Large Address Aware
Path
D:\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe
LAA Original
True False

I deleted the save Folder.
I started Submarine School's Artillery Training EZ and my sub had no deck gun.
So I deleted all mods and save folder. Reinstalled just one mod 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.2_EN.
Started game and my sub had the deck gun in Submarine School's Artillery Training EZ and Fleet Boat Campaign.
So I then installed Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.1_EN.
JSGME Activated Mods
Fired the game up and no deck gun. Nothing!
I noticed on the download page for Fleetboat_Interior: Officers Quarters there was a Comment by Kieldk 08-22-2020 at 06:45 PM: "just need an updated version for fotrsu v. 1.2" Maybe he knows something I don't.
So I don't know.
Maybe my Fleetboat_InteriorOfficers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.1_EN file is corrupted. What do you think?

propbeanie 08-30-20 10:59 PM

Since the Submarine School missions use the Porpoise, I would remove the "FooBor's PORPOISE BLACK HI-RES V1.0" mod and see what happens then. The deckgun comes from the Data Library USSubParts folder, and maybe FooBar didn't write the texture file for there... ?? But vickers03's mod does nothing to the exterior of the submarine...

Edit... wait a second, I forgot that vickers03 does do a few upc file changes, and does not have the new deck gun configurations... that's what's doing it! We'll see if we can't get him some more detail for an update to the interiors... sorry 'bout that... :salute: