SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Mods effects (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131924)

linerkiller 02-29-08 07:38 AM

Mods effects

I was wondering if now, the "greater mod packs" like TM or RSRD will affect both kriegsmarine and Us campaign...
:88)

LukeFF 02-29-08 07:46 AM

Use Search lately?

linerkiller 02-29-08 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Use Search lately?

:-? ??

LukeFF 02-29-08 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller
Quote:

Use Search lately?

Exactly what I said. There are plenty of threads and posts already about this very subject.

linerkiller 02-29-08 08:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller
Quote:

Use Search lately?

Exactly what I said. There are plenty of threads and posts already about this very subject.

Yeah...there are a lot of threads and posts about the COMPATIBILITY of the various mods with the new addon. My question was about the effects of a mod designed exclusively for the americn campaign on the kriegsmarine campaign (eventual TM-RFB-RSRDC changes in Allied traffic that could interfere with the new addon ) Because, if i remember well, in order to increase FPS, a lot of Allied traffic had been removed from one or more Modpacks.

But if someone consider this thread as unnecessary, feel free to delete it...no offense at all:D ;)

AkbarGulag 02-29-08 09:48 AM

I don't think anyone knows what changes have been made exactly. But basically, the add-on is patch 1.5.... all the MODS are made for 1.4. This means that no current MODS are supported for the add-on. Bar maybe 1 or 2 already out there. Unless the MOD specifically states it is made for use with 1.5, you use it at your own risk, it would not be supported by the author.

Q3ark 02-29-08 01:58 PM

As far as I can tell, both the German and US campaign layers are seperate. You can alter one without affecting the other. Mod friendly.. i like :yep:

linerkiller 03-01-08 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q3ark
As far as I can tell, both the German and US campaign layers are seperate. You can alter one without affecting the other. Mod friendly.. i like :yep:

oh Yeah!!!:D

CCIP 03-01-08 01:35 AM

But that still means the mods need to be made compatible first. So while the work for modders is definitely reduced, it still means that at the moment, none of the major mod packs actually work with the add-on, whichever campaign you run.

Give it a little while, though!

HEMISENT 03-01-08 08:57 AM

What worries me about this is Ducimus is no longer around I think. Unless someone picks up TM and tweaks it accordingly we may be forced to have dual installs. I suppose time will tell.