SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   FotRSU UPCpatch question.... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254725)

quickening58 02-09-23 02:18 AM

FotRSU UPCpatch question....

Have loaded and played FotRSU with no issues for past week or so. (Luvin' it!!) So I thought to grab a couple of easy mini-mods from the list. No flag flying and camera memory. EzPz for this guy,and they also covered a couple of minor beefs. WinWin!! They seem to work fine.
Its then, when I noticed I hadn't run the "FotRSU v1.8 UPC patch", when I did the original FotRSU install. My question is.....at this point, would installing this patch cause problems, because of mini-mod installs....and/or because of ongoing career status? Am on 4th patrol of 1st FotRS career (spring 42 start,early Gato).....but have no issues with starting over if wiser minds may think I should !? Its a sucky career anyway....very poor start. LOL Thanks for your thoughts!!

ps. really do need help with crew name changes....for a personal touch to the sim!! It seems simple (UPC edits...from what I'v read ??) but its not working for me. More on that later....

propbeanie 02-09-23 07:59 AM

First of all, you are generally better off posting FotRSU questions in the FotRSU thread. That keeps the issues and reports in one location, if anyone ever feels like reading through over 350 pages with 15 posts each... :roll: :D

Secondly, if you are referring to the "FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8_upcPatch" file, you only need that if you have used vickers03's Fleetboat Interiors - Officer's Quarters mod (the "FI-OQ" in the name). Otherwise, you can leave it out. vickers03 changes some of the interior crewmember assignments and ranks, but also includes crewmembers in "rooms" that are not part of the base FotRSU submarines. There is a "101_FotRSUv18_FixPak" 'patch' file that fixes a couple of strange thingies in a few files, but of course, is not a upc patch. Adding that in most anywhere in your list should be fine.

Thirdly, as to upc edits, the game runs off of the Save folder (generally C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) and files in the sub-folder "network" below. You would have to edit those Save folder files to see the changes to an existing career. While it is relatively easy to do, it is not recommended. You can make your edits to the upc files in your base game, or better yet, create a mini-mod for your edits, apply that, then start a new career, and your edits should follow into the new career. Another idea would be to use some of jimimadrid's new mod release offerings. None of us on the team have had any time to even look at, much less check-out what jimimadrid did, but he used FotRSU as his "base" for his mods. They should function just fine, and several FotRSU users have reported no issues. As an example, check-out his Jimimadrid SubManagement, see if that doesn't help your boat float... plus, you can look in his mod and see what all he edited for his changes, and "customize" your own install... :salute:

quickening58 02-09-23 11:30 PM

Sorry PB.....I thought this was the place to bring these. I see your point tho.....its still a large learning curve for me, but am getting there.
Thanks for the info on crew change.....I'll give it a try :)

propbeanie 02-10-23 01:30 AM

Nothing to apologize for. :salute: