SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   [TEC] What just happened? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242908)

UnqualifiedOfficer 10-26-19 08:31 PM

What just happened?

Had an odd problem. I was heading back from the area under Surabaya with normal speed, on the surface, after bagging a Tennessee, when something odd happened. My sub was destroyed, and I don't know why. I was using TC ~3500 and was looking at my maps for a planned raid on Allied Harbors. Suddenly, I was thrust out of it, and I was in the Command room with the camera circling. The insides of the ship was at a weird angle, glass was breaking then t It said my sub was destroyed. I don't recall having my mouse anywhere near the depth control, so I don't think it was that, but heck anything could be possible. Was it a TC bug, or something else?

cdrsubron7 10-26-19 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnqualifiedOfficer (Post 2634246)
Had an odd problem. I was heading back from the area under Surabaya with normal speed, on the surface, after bagging a Tennessee, when something odd happened. My sub was destroyed, and I don't know why. I was using TC ~3500 and was looking at my maps for a planned raid on Allied Harbors. Suddenly, I was thrust out of it, and I was in the Command room with the camera circling. The insides of the ship was at a weird angle, glass was breaking then t It said my sub was destroyed. I don't recall having my mouse anywhere near the depth control, so I don't think it was that, but heck anything could be possible. Was it a TC bug, or something else?

Could a number of different things, you might also have hit a mine.

UnqualifiedOfficer 10-26-19 09:54 PM

Wasn't mined on the .scr file, so I don't think its that.

propbeanie 10-26-19 10:33 PM

If you're doing 2048x TC, you are "living" over 30 minutes of game time per second of real life. An airplane can drop a bomb on you six times in that time from, or you could be shelled by a shore emplacement, rammed by a ship, or shot at by a ship. The game generally does an OK job of dropping out of TC in good order, but not always, especially if there is a "hiccup" in the system just then as it tries to spawn the world around your submarine. If you don't see a minefield around your area as cdrsubron7 suggested - but minefields can be in several mis files in SH4, then I would suspect an airplane next. It's there, it has released its bomb, and it's gone before you drop out of high TC. Death spiral... :salute:

UnqualifiedOfficer 10-27-19 07:04 AM

Well, that seems to be it. Good thing I saved not too far behind. What took me by suprise however, was the fact that I was so close to Surabaya, And it was only the second Patrol, but hey, anything could happen in war.