SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

Laffertytig 11-26-07 01:04 PM

sounds good to me, happy to hear your still workin on it

tater 11-26-07 01:19 PM

I desperately want the 3d stuff :)

Tater, patiently waiting, tater.

(not pushing, seriously, just waiting patiently)

leovampire 11-26-07 04:44 PM

all is good when your ready to give it to us

We will be ready to use it I am sure!

Still using the old and just looking forward to the new!

Dave

skwasjer 11-27-07 09:46 PM

For the 'drool' factor. Modelsupport (import/export/view) as you all know won't be in v0.5 public unfortunately. But I just couldn't resist tickling those that are waiting for it:rotfl: :arrgh!:

http://sh4.skwas.net/temp/s3d_sneak_models.jpg

Ok, back to work on the release version :88)

alamwuhk2a 11-28-07 03:41 AM

Great job, skwasjer! Can't stop to imgaine how powerful is the next version.....:rock:

Hitman 11-28-07 03:56 AM

:o :D :up:

drool ... droool .... drooool ...... DROOOL!!!!

VonDos 11-28-07 04:16 AM

wow!

:o :o :o

:rock: :rock:

swdw 11-28-07 09:57 AM

Many thanks for everything you've done so far. Being a newbie, I'd be less than half as productive w/o S3D. As it develops it seems you'll see even more cool stuff coming out from various modders. It'll also encourage some very creative people that would be intimidated by hex editors and tweak files to take the plunge.

All around an invaluable tool.

BTW, seeing the 3D model reminded me of the feature request I was going to bring up.

Can you give S3D the ability to show
1 the center of gravity?
2 a graphical representation of the zones?

It would be nice if you could see a wireframe view of the zones overlaying the model. Then use a tree view of the zones in a window that would place a new zone as its created , and highlight a selected the zone and allow you to modify it and see things like repositioning, resizing, etc. That would make it much easier to add new models to the game too.

We had a tool like this for the open plane engine that allowed you to see the 3D model of the aircraft, and overlayed the hit boxes, the physics boxes and positioned the aircrafts CoG at the 0,0,0 coordinates os you could see the changes as you made them. Once that tool was relesaed, there was an explosion of additional aircraft, new terrains, and ground objects added by users (ove 50+ aircraft in 15 months).

Anyway, I hope this description makes sense. And thanks again for all the hard work you're doing.

skwasjer 11-28-07 10:53 AM

1. I'm sure this is possible, but I need to know where I can find this info and any related formulas. I'm not really into the game data/variables/formulas itself. If it's just a single vector, then that would be easy enough.
2. Yes, a zones editor is planned (you're not the first to ask :)).

First basic model support though ;)

nautilus42 11-28-07 12:17 PM

Clone Funktion?

how about to clone Units with your very fine Tool? I like it very much.

skwasjer 11-28-07 01:40 PM

Cloning is already in the upcoming release :up:

nautilus42 11-28-07 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Cloning is already in the upcoming release :up:

I`m your greatest Fan:up: Five big stars for your great Tool *****

11-30-07 02:29 AM

Skwasjer, I just wanted to say a big thank you for this great mod tool. This is like heaven using your tool compared to Mini Tweaker. So easy and quick. No more tweak files! You are a god. :up:

swdw 11-30-07 02:57 AM

Quote:

1. I'm sure this is possible, but I need to know where I can find this info and any related formulas. I'm not really into the game data/variables/formulas itself. If it's just a single vector, then that would be easy enough.
2. Yes, a zones editor is planned (you're not the first to ask :)).

First basic model support though ;)

Yeah, I'm very happy with one step at a time. Things seem to be more solid that way.

As for the rest, you da man . . .you da man . . .you da man . . .
:up: :|\\ :()1:

Thank you again for everything you've done so far. In my book you're a genius :know:

kapitan_zur_see 12-01-07 09:02 PM

Quote:

For the 'drool' factor. Modelsupport (import/export/view) as you all know won't be in v0.5 public unfortunately. But I just couldn't resist tickling those that are waiting for it:rotfl: :arrgh!:

http://sh4.skwas.net/temp/s3d_sneak_models.jpg

Ok, back to work on the release version :88)

ARGGHHHH :dead::dead::dead:
Damn, i could gladly do with an obscure almost unuseable completely user-unfriendly version of the 3d part if that could allow me to make the textures not glitches with even lots of pain and 5 to 6 aspirins and teaming up with a messy pack3D as a side tool lol

keep up the good work!! :up::up::up: