SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   The wait (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231491)

Giesemaschine 05-28-17 05:01 PM

The wait

..is killing me :wah:

Nippelspanner 05-28-17 06:36 PM

I'm getting impatient as well.
Need some cold war! :)

"Inquire of the engineer about going to 105% on the reactor!"

Giesemaschine 05-29-17 01:30 AM

Especially considering we had a 3-day holiday over here in the US! Was really hoping for some Crazy Ivan action for the long weekend.

BTW I saw in another post you were playing Red Storm Rising? Forgot where I saw this but I downloaded it and have to say VIELEN DANK for bringing this game to my attention. Never really tried it before but I am hooked. Love old sims like this.

schurem 05-29-17 04:02 AM

http://butchbellah.com/wp-content/up...-There-Yet.jpg

Waiting impatiently...

Jonesy 05-29-17 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2487193)
I'm getting impatient as well.
Need some cold war! :)

"Inquire of the engineer about going to 105% on the reactor!"

...we're just waiting here....sitting on the bottom like addled schoolboys

Nippelspanner 05-29-17 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giesemaschine (Post 2487224)
Especially considering we had a 3-day holiday over here in the US! Was really hoping for some Crazy Ivan action for the long weekend.

BTW I saw in another post you were playing Red Storm Rising? Forgot where I saw this but I downloaded it and have to say VIELEN DANK for bringing this game to my attention. Never really tried it before but I am hooked. Love old sims like this.

You sure that was me?
I never played RSR, well I did, for like 30-60 minutes, recently, to try it out myself. However, I might have been referring to the RSR campaign in DW?
That I love to death.

And the other day I mentioned Fast Attack... that, maybe?

Giesemaschine 05-29-17 01:23 PM

D'oh! It must have been the RSR DW Campaign. Fast Attack huh? Yet another subsim I must check out:Kaleun_Cheers: There just isn't enough time in the day for all of these great games.

Nippelspanner 05-29-17 02:47 PM

Fast Attack is really awesome, the most authentic one by far. While it play differently, it...is just...better. Check the classic subsims section, I made a thread there. Too lazy to link it.

Oh and the RSR campaign, if you haven't played it yet - do it.
In my opinion the best missions done for DW ever.
Unfortunately, Bill Nichols, the creator, also known as subguru, is on quite a long patrol... hope he's alright.

Julhelm 05-29-17 03:39 PM

Fast Attack is my second favorite subsim ever after Red Storm Rising. The authenticity of that sim was a major influence on the design of Cold Waters.

The main problems with it except for stability was the lack of replayability after you complete the various battlesets and the lackluster enemy AI. What it does have in spades is atmosphere, which is something I always felt the Sonalysts sims were lacking.

midnight.mangler 05-30-17 01:00 PM

Gentlemen,

As you can see, I am a noob to this forum. A grand lurker, ye might say, who has been frequenting this site on and off for - gosh - I guess close to 15 years? Can that be possible?

What's obvious is that I am not a frivolous poster. :O: And yet, I am dying inside for this sim to be released already! A release trailer but no release date? Oh, the humanity!! I will order this THE VERY INSTANT it becomes available. THE VERY INSTANT! (Some of you may have noticed I am looking forward to this game despite my attempts to appear aloof and hard to get).

So, the wait... Dusting off my copy of Red Storm Rising (the book) and readying my DVD of Crimson Tide.

Any other books, movies etc folks recommend to get us in the mood? (Is there a place to legally acquire Fast Attack by digital download?)

Giesemaschine 05-30-17 11:23 PM

Wilkommen an Bord, midnight.mangler!:Kaleun_Salute:

Slick 05-31-17 02:38 PM

On a positive note, I'm sitting at my computer ready to download at a moments notice with my credit card in hand... :ping:

On a negative note, I probably won't have any time to play it until a month from now... :wah:

Giesemaschine 05-31-17 02:42 PM

Me too, I think we may have a classic on our hands. This will be a hit.

Slick 05-31-17 03:49 PM

PS...

Am I correct in my assumption that this is a Steam release only?

No boxed addition with printed manual, correct...?

Julhelm 05-31-17 04:18 PM

We don't have a publisher, so digital release only. It comes with a built-in manual and also a PDF format manual which can be printed.