SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Torpedo 11-26-18 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2578810)
To end the story of my U-mark: (:D)

Was back in my current career, playing with real nav mod and 90% realism (just external view enable) when i attacked a nice convoy...
Submerged right in the middle of convoy, i destroyed a Cimmaron tanker and i decided to take a close look with my external camera to the tanker sinking...
You know what??
My U-mark was there!! :har:
I broke the engagement because out of ammos, and leave the place.
Next diving, my U-mark was gone again! :o

Just to illustrate the unbelievable mechanics of computing :haha:

Hi Fifi!
I noticed something about the U-Mark. Without the Real Navigation, with the external view when I am at the periscope depth the U-Mark is invisible :hmmm:, ie about 12 meters. If I increase the depth then the U-Mark appears only when I am at least at the depth of about 15 meters and always remains visible at greater depths. I tried up to 80 meters.:yeah:
You can try, with or without Real Navigation, to see if it happens to you too.:D

Torpedo

Fifi 11-26-18 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2578901)
Hi Fifi!
I noticed something about the U-Mark. Without the Real Navigation, with the external view when I am at the periscope depth the U-Mark is invisible :hmmm:, ie about 12 meters. If I increase the depth then the U-Mark appears only when I am at least at the depth of about 15 meters and always remains visible at greater depths. I tried up to 80 meters.:yeah:
You can try, with or without Real Navigation, to see if it happens to you too.:D

Torpedo

BINGO! You are right Torpedo :up:
U-mark is appearing at 15m depth and vanishing above 15m :o
I didn’t know that!
Even with real nav mod activated, if you have pasted a new U-mark in the misc folder of course (because TWOS delete it at install)
Now i don’t understand why it is vanishing above 15m...or at least i don’t understand the purpose of it.
Or you don’t want it (and you delete it) or you want it permanently!

Torpedo 11-26-18 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2578904)
BINGO! You are right Torpedo :up:
U-mark is appearing at 15m depth and vanishing above 15m :o
I didn’t know that!
Even with real nav mod activated, if you have pasted a new U-mark in the misc folder of course (because TWOS delete it at install)
Now i don’t understand why it is vanishing above 15m...or at least i don’t understand the purpose of it.
Or you don’t want it (and you delete it) or you want it permanently!

The reason why the U-Mark is visible only under 15 meters, I think it is hidden in sh5.exe, ie it is hard coded in my opinion and anyway when the uboot is in the process of crash dive. In the vanilla version 1.2, diving to the periscope depth of 12 meters, with the exterior view the uboot was still visible for the transparency of the water. Then the following mods have eliminated the transparency for realism so at 12 meters the uboot was practically invisible, but the mods did not change the switch of 15 meters to make the U-Mark visible at lower depths. I think it's a hard problem to solve. Or as you say, an on / off switch to make the U-Mark appear when the uboot is diving, regardless of depth. Anyway below 15 meters clicking on "Ctrl + Del (NumPad)" the U-Mark disappears or reappears like a switch.

Torpedo

Tobias1976 11-26-18 10:29 AM

Hello Kaleun's,

first, a big "thank you" for this great mod, I was really surprised, that there is a major mod like this for this old game, which is still avelaible and "in progress".

Execuse my question, but I am desperate ;).

I am trying to find a way, how I can use the auto TDC. At the harbour, before I goes on first mission, I disabled the option "manuel targeting".

Then, I klick the space bar, my 1WO tells me that "target is locked", I have also opened the tubes, but the torpedos are going straight ahead, like as manuel targeting.

Did I forget something? I don't wanna use a clock, or anything else from manuel targeting. I know, thats lacy, but I am old and want that my officer did his job ;).

Thanks a lot, if you can bring me on the right way, Sir's :)

Edit: Problem solved, after reading some posts, sorry. My mistake as, that I used the space bar, like at vanilla game, to use the auto TDC. Now I know, that I must just hold the UZO above the target, and press the fire button :). That is REALLY a auto TDC, lol. Saved my day, and maybe my motivation is high enough, to learn the manuell TDC.

fitzcarraldo 11-26-18 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2578954)
Hello Kaleun's,

first, a big "thank you" for this great mod, I was really surprised, that there is a major mod like this for this old game, which is still avelaible and "in progress".

Execuse my question, but I am desperate ;).

I am trying to find a way, how I can use the auto TDC. At the harbour, before I goes on first mission, I disabled the option "manuel targeting".

Then, I klick the space bar, my 1WO tells me that "target is locked", I have also opened the tubes, but the torpedos are going straight ahead, like as manuel targeting.

Did I forget something? I don't wanna use a clock, or anything else from manuel targeting. I know, thats lacy, but I am old and want that my officer did his job ;).

Thanks a lot, if you can bring me on the right way, Sir's :)

Edit: I found an post here, that maybe my mistake is, to lock target with space bar. But is it really true, to use auto TDC, just klick the target on map, and press fire? I'll find out :)

See if the dials of your vorhältreuchner (TDC) move when you move your scope. If yes, you have Auto Targeting. Between the two upper dials there is a button to active/deactivate the Auto TDC. If red, Auto TDC is ON.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Tobias1976 11-26-18 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2578958)
See if the dials of your vorhältreuchner (TDC) move when you move your scope. If yes, you have Auto Targeting. Between the two upper dials there is a button to active/deactivate the Auto TDC. If red, Auto TDC is ON.

Good luck!

Lol, thanks Sir. I just tried it, like I read, and both polish destroyers was hitten. Now I am looking for the button you mean, and the dials :).

Edit: Thank you, It is like you say. Red button, changing parameters on the dials, again the targets on ground of sea.

palmic 11-26-18 01:56 PM

Tobias1976:

This could help you with introduction to precise targeting of your preys :)

THEBERBSTER 11-26-18 02:41 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Tobias1976

Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Post #146 Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles > Pictorial

palmic 11-26-18 04:05 PM

Hydrophone texts

Hi Vecko, i know we already talked about this, but anyway :)

I saw that you altered Hydrophone texts -data/Menu/menu.txt:
826=-
827=Contact
828=Contact
829=Contact

This is better than before, but in my opinion this is even better to have:
826=-
827=-
828=-
829=-

because this way, the dash stays no mater if i hear contact or not, so i have really focus for what i hear and i can tell its small step in editor, but huge step in immersion when you hunt :03:

This is just notice, i always edit it this way when i patch.

Gutte Jadd Her Commandant :salute:

palmic 11-26-18 04:47 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

Hehe, my first patrol of this year begins and the first vinyl in turntable is gegen nach engeland :D

scissors 11-26-18 09:41 PM

WOS compatable mods

So impressed with what this mod has become .
It is so good in fact that its kind of bumming me out that i dont need to further mod my game .
Seems that was part of the fun for me .
Is there any chance someone could post/ or link a list of WOS compatible mods .
I know that with some finagling Coratios works well, and im using the captains icons . but im kind of scared to just go off on my own for fear of ruining what is a fairly flawless installation so far .

Cybermat47 11-26-18 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scissors (Post 2579033)
So impressed with what this mod has become .
It is so good in fact that its kind of bumming me out that i dont need to further mod my game .
Seems that was part of the fun for me .
Is there any chance someone could post/ or link a list of WOS compatible mods .
I know that with some finagling Coratios works well, and im using the captains icons . but im kind of scared to just go off on my own for fear of ruining what is a fairly flawless installation so far .

I use the following mods with TWoS:

- sobers green spinning thing SH5
- VII-B 1940 Turm for Historical Missions
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds
- D-Day Langings
- WolfPack Wotan
- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown
- Battle of the Denmark Strait
- Auxiliary Cruiser Guns v.1.5.00
- OHII Type IID patch by Cybermat47
- The Ships That Never Were v.1.0.00

scissors 11-27-18 01:07 AM

Ty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2579040)
I use the following mods with TWoS:

- sobers green spinning thing SH5
- VII-B 1940 Turm for Historical Missions
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds
- D-Day Langings
- WolfPack Wotan
- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown
- Battle of the Denmark Strait
- Auxiliary Cruiser Guns v.1.5.00
- OHII Type IID patch by Cybermat47
- The Ships That Never Were v.1.0.00

Ty for the suggestions and also for your work modding . I am especially looking forward to the faster torpedoes !

Fifi 11-27-18 12:39 PM

Hi guys,

Is there a way to completely get rid of the TAI map little icon?
(The one to expand it that is always present bottom right screen)

Because i’m Playing 2560X1440 reso, and followed the immersive HUD of Peter’s tutorials (that is hidding everyting until you mouse over) but this damn little icon is always there...sometimes bottom right screen, sometimes up right screen :hmmm:

TAI map is deactivated in OFEV, and i have also set its height/width to zero...but no success.
I can post a screen shot of this icon remaining if needed.

fitzcarraldo 11-27-18 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579100)
Hi guys,

Is there a way to completely get rid of the TAI map little icon?
(The one to expand it that is always present bottom right screen)

Because i’m Playing 2560X1440 reso, and followed the immersive HUD of Peter’s tutorials (that is hidding everyting until you mouse over) but this damn little icon is always there...sometimes bottom right screen, sometimes up right screen :hmmm:

TAI map is deactivated in OFEV, and i have also set its height/width to zero...but no success.
I can post a screen shot of this icon remaining if needed.

I press Shift + Z to clean the screen. My taste...