SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

excel4004 08-06-17 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2505006)
I use just these 2:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/bw98...7BLc6nt0tQ.png

The first one, if i want to TC1 in any case of message in box
The second if i dont want to be distracted from TC+ by any silly message from beno, but i still want to be stopped to TC1 if he'll discover new contact.
- very usable for waiting submerged until some neutral ship move away with Beno ordered to notify bearing changes.. :up:

Palmic did i understand you correctly, it works like the first icon but only stops to TC1 when Beno got a new unknown contact!!? Does this also works with new visible contacts surfaced?

excel4004 08-06-17 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2505011)
In the war, liners in convoys were troops or transports. Of course, they have civilians aboard, families of officers, etc.....I sink civilian ships in convoys, not alone. My rules...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Hahaha..i remeber one of your last postings you wrote about two fishing ships you sunk with the deckgun. :D

Nice Rules..hehe.. :arrgh!:

Hamppupalaa 08-06-17 03:57 PM

When i get radio messages my boat is called U-**. Is there a way to change this?

excel4004 08-06-17 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamppupalaa (Post 2505125)
When i get radio messages my boat is called U-**. Is there a way to change this?

Quote:

- Use Options File Editor (Ship's Journal tab) to match your Ship's Journal captain name and U-boat number (Eisen Wolf, U-**) with those visible in your Cpt Log.
:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-06-17 04:20 PM

Hi H
Radio messages are scripted.
You might even get a message to say your boat has been sunk.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 08-06-17 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2505102)
Hahaha..i remeber one of your last postings you wrote about two fishing ships you sunk with the deckgun. :D

Nice Rules..hehe.. :arrgh!:

I paid that with CTDs....Now Iīm an humanist commander.

fitzcarraldo 08-06-17 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2505072)
Yes i already had several messages from bdu (red) to save the game and then to reload......i shall try this till the 7th of september maybe then it works.

edit : Well i get a massage from bdu (red) that i must hurry to port and end the patrol and make use of alternetive campaign transfer.
Must i use silentotto now? Because then i have lost all my crew upgrade points and reknown and i don't want that.

gr Michael

Please, read in the tips; there is a last resource to pass campaign. You donīt need silentotto. I never need this last way; campaign passed well, but that message indicates you could need this last way.

See the Post 1 in thsi thread for detailed instructions.

palmic 08-06-17 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2505101)
Palmic did i understand you correctly, it works like the first icon but only stops to TC1 when Beno got a new unknown contact!!? Does this also works with new visible contacts surfaced?

hmmm i have no exp with This function emerged (always use the first), but its very probably. You are correct with Beno :salute:

I use this literally just for those cases when you need to stay quetly waiting some time under water with contact nearby..

skin-nl 08-07-17 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2505144)
Please, read in the tips; there is a last resource to pass campaign. You donīt need silentotto. I never need this last way; campaign passed well, but that message indicates you could need this last way.

See the Post 1 in thsi thread for detailed instructions.

Thanks Fitzcarraldo :up:

But what is the thsi thread???

Michael

excel4004 08-07-17 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2505202)
Thanks Fitzcarraldo :up:

But what is the thsi thread???

Michael

use this..
Quote:

- How can I pass from one campaign chapter to the next one? (IMPORTANT)
Campaign transfers in TWoS are date controlled. This means that, in order to trigger the campaign transfer, you will have to be ON PATROL when ending date of your current campaign chapter is reached, preferably somewhere at open sea without AI units in your vicinity. Campaign transfer should then be initiated, or it will be at least few days after the ending date. This is important so pay special attention not to skip this date due to badly timed docking...The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is on 1st June 1940, "Happy Times" ends on 1st march 1941 ect. Check ending dates for other campaigns here.

Now, there is a catch... Due to certain broken aspects of SH5's launcher, there is a possibility that even upon reaching campaign chapter ending date, campaign transfer still may fail to initialize (your patrol just goes on without any visible objectives). In this case, you should load your previous gamesave (made before campaign chapter ending date) and use one of these two methods (this or this) to trigger campaign transfer correctly (campaign transfer screen should pop-up in the next few days of sim time)... For this method to work, the TDW patch which disables Uplay browser should be disabled (by default in TWoS). Note that Mama's solutions with TWoS can be necessary only when you expecting campaign transfer, on campaign chapter ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without these tweaks, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.

Alternatively or if Mama's tweaks don't work for you (campaign transfer screen doesn't pop-up no mater what), you can use this workaround which will work for sure even if campaign chapter ending date is passed for a few days ...SH5 campaign progress workaround

skin-nl 08-08-17 03:54 AM

Thanks excel :up:

But nothing works for me, but all the other campaign transfers worked great (i don't get it???) So i need to use the alternative campaign transfer using silentotto. When i do this do i loose all crew and renown?

ps. I use mama's fix 2

Michael

fitzcarraldo 08-08-17 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2505336)

But nothing works for me, but all the other campaign transfers worked great (i don't get it???) So i need to use the alternative campaign transfer using silentotto. When i do this do i loose all crew and renown?

ps. I use mama's fix 2

Michael

MaMa fix 2 ever worked for me.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-08-17 08:37 AM

TWOS is a Career based mega mod meaninging when moving from campaign to campaign your crew and abilties, promotions etc., are carried forward.
"silentooto" is Campaign based which means you start with no abilities and have to bukd on them until the Campaign finishes and then you lose them when you start a new "silentotto" Campaign.
Peter

vdr1981 08-08-17 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2505336)

ps. I use mama's fix 2

Michael

check twos documentation folder...If you read pdf with instructions carefully, you wont lose anything...:yep:

skin-nl 08-09-17 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2505377)
check twos documentation folder...If you read pdf with instructions carefully, you wont lose anything...:yep:

I copied the 4 files of the silentotto campaign (cheat) and edit the careertrack.upc........but when i load the savegame i get a ctd :hmmm:

Edit:Problem solved!!!!!I forgot 1 single detail in the cereertrack.upc:::i had F7Bergen and changed it to F7Brest, But it need to changed in F6Brest:oops:!!!!!
Thanks again Vecko!!!! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Michael