SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

HW3 07-30-17 11:53 PM

Last I checked the start the game button in KDS does not work.

palmic 07-31-17 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2503781)
You need to click on your actual Kaleun on the list upside from "My captains (locally) SH-5" list. The middle list "Elite flotilla" is a good and fast way to find the actual Kaleun ( i remeber you played also with realism 100%, you are actually on place 33 in the list.).:salute: There you can use the "Edit" menu.

Haha THERE is the button! Thank you :yeah:

Fixed! :salute:

Niume 07-31-17 01:04 AM

Uhm Okay stupid question how to change the GUI I want SH 3 STYLE

hauangua 07-31-17 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2503846)
Uhm Okay stupid question how to change the GUI I want SH 3 STYLE

With OFEV
UI option... SH3 style
Watch here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...66&postcount=6

MCM 07-31-17 02:59 AM

is the 384.94 nvidida driver good enough? There were some problems with the 382... versions. The new one is ok with SH5?
:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 07-31-17 04:12 AM

Hi MCM
382.?? drivers can be a problem if you have recently had a Windows 10 update to what is known as the "Creator" version 1703.
It does not matter what the driver number is as your game works.

If you are having problems then try my Driver Roll Back tutorial iby clicking on my SH5 signature.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 07-31-17 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2503869)
Hi MCM
382.?? drivers can be a problem if you have recently had a Windows 10 update to what is known as the "Creator" version 1703.
It does not matter what the driver number is as your game works.

If you are having problems then try my Driver Roll Back tutorial iby clicking on my SH5 signature.
Peter

I took the other way: uninstalled the Creator update. I prefer to conserve the latest Nvidia driver update. It works fine, without Creator.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Niume 07-31-17 10:19 AM

Still cant change it to Sh 3 style CAn someone send me a tutorial for Wolfes of steel 2.0 how to change UI

palmic 07-31-17 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2503908)
Still cant change it to Sh 3 style CAn someone send me a tutorial for Wolfes of steel 2.0 how to change UI

Nobody will give you better tutorial than Peter here, pay attention to every step.
There's more menu.txt files in sh5 root directory, pick that which is in Silent Hunter 5/data/Menu/menu.txt

HW3 07-31-17 01:38 PM

Options File Editor Viewer, UI, UI style used in game, change from SH5Enhanced to SH3Style and save.

excel4004 07-31-17 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2503804)
A KSD newbie question: Did this app work as SH3 Commander? Can run offline? Playing SH5 TWoS but never start a campaign with KSD......I need to read the dedicated thread.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Wrong thread here but, SH3 i dont think so. Its an online tool, dont think that it works offline too. You can edit KSD any time between your career it will load then your actual campaign file, thats all.

For me its a fun tool, real comparison is, if at all, relevant only in the "Elite flotilla" modus. But also there you cant compare the results in my opinion because you cant be sure if someone did harbour raids in the past patrols for pushing points.:03:

Like i saidbefore, for me its a nice fun tool. Wish the bar chat would be more like a smal "normal" forum thread. I dont like the actual chat system there but i cant programm it better. :D

excel4004 07-31-17 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2503838)
Last I checked the start the game button in KDS does not work.

No function yes. For me also the gramophone no function from the first version of KDS.

But i dont need this two options,..so.:salute:

THEBERBSTER 07-31-17 05:39 PM

Hi fitz
In hindsight I would have stayed with Windows 7.
The orginal Windows 10 update was the Anniversary version which was not a problem.
The Creator version changed the Nvidia driver but I was able to roll it back.
Microsoft only give you a certain number of days to uninstall Windows 10 after updating.
After that you are stuck with it like it or not.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 07-31-17 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2503978)
No function yes. For me also the gramophone no function from the first version of KDS.

But i dont need this two options,..so.:salute:

Start button works for me.

No gramphone in KSD.

I have a different U-Boat number in KSD.

About W10: I uninstall Creator. But I want to remain wirh W10. Without Creator I have the last Nvidia driver and all works.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-01-17 04:26 AM

KSD has a Gramopone randonizer which works with whatever you put in the Gramophone folder.

KSD U-Boat Number and the game U-Boat number can be synced by using the Option Fiele Editor Viewers Ships Journal Tab.

Peter