SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 07-06-17 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2497782)
I have (or had... will need to look for it) a full 2-4 hours of actual German radio from 1940-42. It included news reports from the front, a speech by Goering, commercials, and music.

VDR if you would like them to include with a future update let me know. it is very cool. Unless you are fluent in German and are in your sub after 1941 or so (the news reports would be very off)

Please share, we cannot judge their potential otherwise..

fitzcarraldo 07-06-17 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2497964)
Please share, we cannot judge their potential otherwise..

Yes. You can upload it in MF and all we will try it. With our positive feedback Vecko could include the radios in a next update.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Faamecanic 07-06-17 12:04 PM

I maybe work now... but will look for them when I get home. I had them on a CD backup from when I last rebuilt my PC.

They may even be on subsim downloads still. If I recall it was called (pardon the horrible German spelling) Grosse Deutcher Rundfunk...

Edit: I think this is it!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5071

propbeanie 07-06-17 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498014)
I maybe work now... but will look for them when I get home. I had them on a CD backup from when I last rebuilt my PC.

They may even be on subsim downloads still. If I recall it was called (pardon the horrible German spelling) Grosse Deutcher Rundfunk...

Edit: I think this is it!

This one?:

:lol: we posted at almost the same time! :lol:

HW3 07-06-17 06:38 PM

There is already a Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk new remix in TWoS that covers 1939-1945.

fitzcarraldo 07-06-17 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2498103)
There is already a Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk new remix in TWoS that covers 1939-1945.

True.

For gramophone music there is a lot of downĺoads in Forums Downloads.

For me is better to convert all radios and music to ogg format.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

drakkhen20 07-06-17 09:52 PM

ok so this is my first time ill be going to a newer version. from 1.06 to latest 2.04. So do i have to go to fresh install and all that or do i just disable in
JSGME and then add 2.04 stuff in and enable and rerun TDW patcher for the 2.04 update ? start a new campaign of coarse.

THEBERBSTER 07-07-17 05:02 AM

hi drakhen
It is advisable to have a clean install but IMO from experience it is not essential.
If I were going to start a new career then yes I would start again with a clean setup.
If you are going to carry on with your current career then no.
In the bunker.
Replace v1.06 with v2.00
Add update v2.04
Add any additional TWOS mods.
If you are going to continue with your current career so you can use your existing saved games then you need to add this patch last in JSGME.
TWOs Disabled Campaign Restart Tweaks.
This patch can be removed when you get a U-Boat upgrade.
You will also need to replace your existing patcher gps file.
Peter

Faamecanic 07-07-17 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2498103)

Really??? Where do I find this? There are only 8 or so files in my grammaphone folder after installing TWOS.

Torpedo 07-07-17 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498227)
Really??? Where do I find this? There are only 8 or so files in my grammaphone folder after installing TWOS.

Hi Faamecanic!
The Radio folder contains "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk":

Data/Sound/Radio/Grossdeutscher Rundfunk

Torpedo :Kaleun_Cheers:

Faamecanic 07-07-17 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2498285)
Hi Faamecanic!
The Radio folder contains "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk":

Data/Sound/Radio/Grossdeutscher Rundfunk

Torpedo :Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks... I must have missed it!

palmic 07-07-17 03:11 PM

In fact i have just problem with some of TWOS default gramophone tracks which are kinda American jazz.
I often delete it from dir, i just want to have german 30's on board :arrgh!:

EDIT: wow, finaly i am Commodore! :yeah::O:

fitzcarraldo 07-08-17 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2498323)
In fact i have just problem with some of TWOS default gramophone tracks which are kinda American jazz.
I often delete it from dir, i just want to have german 30's on board :arrgh!:

EDIT: wow, finaly i am Commodore! :yeah::O:

My professional but rebellious crew likes American Jazz. For German music Beethoven Wagner and Richard Strauss. No propaganda music. We are the Kriegsmarine not the nazi party!

Faamecanic 07-08-17 10:24 AM

Ok found the radio :)

The tracks I have are different that the ones in the radio folder from Twos, and the speeches and war reports just add to the atmosphere (if you do not speak fluent German and realize you are hearing a report from 1940 if you are really in 1944...lol).

If I find them I will upload them and share link.

fitzcarraldo 07-08-17 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498527)
Ok found the radio :)

The tracks I have are different that the ones in the radio folder from Twos, and the speeches and war reports just add to the atmosphere (if you do not speak fluent German and realize you are hearing a report from 1940 if you are really in 1944...lol).

If I find them I will upload them and share link.

Great! You can upload them in MF or/and request Mr. Neal Stevens for uploading them here in Forums Downloads.

I think will be better an independent mod for test and publish some feedbacks here, then Vecko could add it in a next update of TWoS.

Many thanks!