SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

quad5 07-13-14 12:53 AM

Hi vdr1981! I have a question, how to remove:
sobers green crew training V4 SH5 and sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible)?

SinthMan 07-13-14 11:29 AM

Hello everyone ,

I am trying to install this fantastic megamod but I can not figure out how to do Step 5 :
"Step 5:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and load "Snapshot 7_5_0_v17.gps" snapshot. The patcher is allready placed in the main game folder. (Skip this step if you use Steam version)"

and Step 6:
"Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make at least one change, just in case...Save"

Can someone help me?

I have the game digitally downloaded from Ubisoft.

Thanks in advance

Newinger 07-13-14 12:13 PM

Thanks for this mod collection! Works apparantly without problems (also installation was quite easy).

Just one suggestion: Maybe include the fix for the wrong names on the map from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...90&postcount=2

For example, it corrects "Deutche Bucht" to the correct "Deutsche Bucht", and many more mistakes.

vit90 07-13-14 05:41 PM

Problem with mini map in left corner

Hello! I have a problem. I am installed this great mod, everything is fine almost one! My mini map, which avaliable in bottom of left corner is disappeared, i see only a borders of this mini map, but nothing in center. When i press M i see full map, it's working fine, but when i wanna use mini map in periscope for example, i see only a borders of map, not map. If someone knows what the problem, please help me. Thanks!:/\\!!

Alienbird 07-13-14 08:19 PM

Alright, well I caved and bought SH5 and got this mod, for 10$ I figured eh, I could spend it on worse things. And for 10$ the lack of more than one class of boat can be ignored, be it unfortunate. (What can I say, I love that Type XXIII.)

Anyways, a question. Is there any way possible to make the map tools lines, for the ruler, compass, protractor and etc, any different or brighter color? I just can't see them after placing them on the map, the faded gray is just too light, or washed out, or what ever for me to see. If I could make them a bright red, or blue or green it would be great. Any way to do this? I notice if I right click on the tool I get options to adjust colors, but upon "x"ing out of the window, nothing happens, and the color stays the same.

rommel64 07-14-14 11:47 AM

cant see my boat on the map

I don't know how it could be done but i tried to get this to work a couple of times my last attempt started but was a mess i couldn't see my sub anywhere on the map kind of makes it hard to play. What I'm asking is if i could pay someone to log on my computer and do it for me? (paypal)

thanks mike

Newinger 07-14-14 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommel64 (Post 2224749)
s i couldn't see my sub anywhere on the map kind of makes it hard to play.

This is because of the Real Navigation mod -- you have to keep track of your own position by yourself.

Fortunately, your crew helps you with that. Just order your navigator from time to time to give you your current position. He can either do this by dead reckoning, or by using the sextant (in calm sea at night). It will take about a minute, after that you have a mark on your map with your last navigation fix.

This works fine and is not so difficult, once you got used to it.

Sartoris 07-14-14 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienbird (Post 2224631)
Alright, well I caved and bought SH5 and got this mod, for 10$ I figured eh, I could spend it on worse things. And for 10$ the lack of more than one class of boat can be ignored, be it unfortunate. (What can I say, I love that Type XXIII.)

Anyways, a question. Is there any way possible to make the map tools lines, for the ruler, compass, protractor and etc, any different or brighter color? I just can't see them after placing them on the map, the faded gray is just too light, or washed out, or what ever for me to see. If I could make them a bright red, or blue or green it would be great. Any way to do this? I notice if I right click on the tool I get options to adjust colors, but upon "x"ing out of the window, nothing happens, and the color stays the same.

You can change the colors by using tdw's patcher. It's quite easy to use, there are even stickied tutorials you can read.

Captain_AJ 07-14-14 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vit90 (Post 2224593)
Hello! I have a problem. I am installed this great mod, everything is fine almost one! My mini map, which avaliable in bottom of left corner is disappeared, i see only a borders of this mini map, but nothing in center. When i press M i see full map, it's working fine, but when i wanna use mini map in periscope for example, i see only a borders of map, not map. If someone knows what the problem, please help me. Thanks!:/\\!!

In advance to answer your question pls go to C;/ubisoft/silenthunter/data/applications/OptionsFileEdititorViewer .. Undr the tab TAI Map Options change the map to be workable if you dont know how to start this program please go to this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...l+1.02_Patch_5

the viewer is already installed in applications folder once you have this done you can change the options on the TAi map top show that map >> :salute:

Captain_AJ 07-14-14 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienbird (Post 2224631)

See The above post !! this will change everything using the options file editor

Captain_AJ 07-14-14 08:09 PM

confirmation

VDR I am sure you have said this elsewere , I have the patch 5 ready to be installed and I did not install patch 4, still using patch version 3 , however Iam in a Campiagn in the med and will not return . Shall I wait till I hit port to install this version patch for TWOS ? Thanks in advance

SinthMan 07-15-14 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2224608)
SinthMan! after a long silent run!:Kaleun_Salute:

:D true ... but this game is fantastic. it is hard to stay away.

However ,maybe my version (downloaded from ubisoft) is not compatible with steps 5 and 6.

or maybe just go ignored ... I do not know

I arrange my mods one at a time. :hmm2:

Captain_AJ 07-15-14 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinthMan (Post 2224518)
Hello everyone ,

I am trying to install this fantastic megamod but I can not figure out how to do Step 5 :
"Step 5:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and load "Snapshot 7_5_0_v17.gps" snapshot. The patcher is allready placed in the main game folder. (Skip this step if you use Steam version)"

and Step 6:
"Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make at least one change, just in case...Save"

Can someone help me?

I have the game digitally downloaded from Ubisoft.

Thanks in advance

you are going have too work on setting the coreect patch .. you d/l a digital copy , I assume it is not the steam version . but read the above post for step 6 and you should have the correct formula , as far as step 5 if you have the steam version its is not important

LCQ_SH 07-15-14 06:59 PM

No tonnage recorded!!

Hi,

I am patched up with TWD and Wolves of Steel Mods......

I am in first campaign in British waters. I request my missions.......go on patrol, sink some ships, but my progress bar is not registering my tonnage, but when I exit or end a patrol, the patrol status screen has the count........but not the progress bar in the game map.

What's going on?

Actually, I just figured it out that when the game reports a sinking ship (log book or map sunk ship icon), it won't count in the progress bar, and when it is not reported, it is registered in the progress bar. :/\\!! :/\\!! :/\\!!

Help please, there's no point to continue my patrols and sink ships if my progress is not going to be taken into account. :timeout:

Tnx! :/\\

vdr1981 07-16-14 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2224860)
VDR I am sure you have said this elsewere , I have the patch 5 ready to be installed and I did not install patch 4, still using patch version 3 , however Iam in a Campiagn in the med and will not return . Shall I wait till I hit port to install this version patch for TWOS ?e

Yes