SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-07-17 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2464302)
What happened to TDW user options thingee? Why did this drop from the install process?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

finchOU 02-07-17 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2464310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2464318)

Thanks guys....I guess I could have looked in my folder. I just found it strange that it was missing from the first post. I can still make changes mid patrol with the Options File Editor right?

THEBERBSTER 02-08-17 06:26 AM

Hi Vecko
Good to have you back. :Kaleun_Salute:
Peter

lazygenius09 02-08-17 07:45 AM

Windowed mode

Hey just created this account to ask if anyone could help me with getting the game windowed i have checked and un-checked the box on the game menu i have also changed full screen to no in my main cfg file in documents im stuck...
would really appreciate the help thank you

Elphaba 02-08-17 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2437648)
The TWoS mod is very stable and just about every problem that people encounter is due to not following the install instruction precisely. The tutorial cannot be started or played with any mods but it must be started to initiate the required files in the SH5 folder in My Documents which is where all future player and campaign info is stored. Once the tutorial has started and you exit out of the game, the CareerHistory.cfg in the My Documents SH5 folder can be modified to read: HasCompletedTutorial=true. This is when the Main.cfg file can also be modified as per the install instructions. Make sure that the Main TWoS mod is installed in the Silent Hunter 5 main directory...all other mods then are install in the MODS folder that is created when you activate JSGME.

This is also when you activate the Generic Patcher and install the provided snapshot. The TWoS mod relies on the correct application of the Generic Patcher to function correctly. THEBURBSTER tutorials has all the info on just about every SH5 subject so have a look through the material because it is an invaluable resource for everything SH5. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

I will upload the English voices for you that you can install with JSGME when you have your TWoS install sorted and will add the link to this post when it has finished uploading. (128 MB) I will also give you a link to my version of the OFEV TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py which has the UI set up to mouse in/out (you'll have to change the U-boat Number and Captain's name) and also my version of the Generic Patcher snapshot which bypasses Uplay. Put them in the MODS folder and activate them with JSGME in the bunker before starting a new campaign if you want to try them. You will still have to use the Generic Patcher to activate the snapshot. Creating a shortcut on you desktop for the OFEV and Generic Patcher can make life easier. Also make sure that the required pathways to the requested files is correct for both of these applications.

If you install everything correctly, keyboard bindings are not a problem because everything you need to do can be accessed through the UI. If you own a microphone, Speech recognition adds a whole new dimension to the game and the only thing you need a keyboard for is to walk around. I use Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english which can be found in the Subsim downloads section.

English Voices:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwubay...ish_Voices.zip

My Generic Patcher snapshot:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wrztmw...r_Snapshot.zip

My User Options py
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymhmui...Options_py.zip

Extract the files into the MODS folder and activate with JSGME.

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal_fire (Post 2464142)
I've the same problem...plus the crew speak in two language now...it's possible to set only english (or disable all german stuff?It's really difficulte for me understand something) After 10 minutes of combo crew german-eng I'm getting mad... :)
Thanks for all :03:

Hi Metal_fire.

Here is post 6009 where Kevin gave me a file to give me about 95% English voices back. There are still odd ones in German but I obviously don't know what they're saying so I can't report on here to get the right fix.

Hope it helps.

Elphaba

metal_fire 02-08-17 08:55 AM

Thanks a lot man!!! I'll give a try this evening! :yeah:

Metal

Bojanpopovic 02-08-17 09:10 AM

Hi guys. Can somebody give me tutorial link how to use FAT torpedoes? Thanks.

Elphaba 02-08-17 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal_fire (Post 2464413)
Thanks a lot man!!! I'll give a try this evening! :yeah:

Metal

Not a man but you're most welcome.

Just use jgme and that's it. They say German as soon as the son loads for some reason and then randomly but it's almost all English for the majority of the game.

THEBERBSTER 02-08-17 10:54 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > lazygenious09
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Check your GPU settings are correctly set.
Post #7 Changing The GPU Settings

palmic 02-08-17 04:46 PM

As i upgraded radio catch skill of my radio officer nearly to max i have now a lot of radio convoy reports, but they are logged only to captain's log where i am not alerted, nor TC1..

None of the messages reported to standard log or bottom right box...

http://i.imgur.com/x1BKyXAg.png

deicide 02-08-17 05:51 PM

Wasn't gonna really report this as a bug as other people must not be having it occur. But the only time I have ever gotten a ctd is when I try to click on Captains Log. As a matter of fact every time I click on it my game freezes to the point I have to bring up task manager and end process.
My mods are listed below:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 05c
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon
German Voices_UPlay_for TWoS 1.06

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

-deicide

Aktungbby 02-09-17 01:32 AM

Welcome aboard!

lazygenius09 !:Kaleun_Salute:

wolfe 02-09-17 05:55 AM

torpedo

Help me guys with this pls:

I played SH5WOS campaign and I want to know if the bug of torpedo man special abilities are fixed.

31 December 1939 attack a convoy near the coast of GB and from four steam torps, 2 was a dud ad 1 premature detonation. (distance 3200m).
I also have activated the preheat ability (2 points spent).

Now I have 6 points to spent and I want to know that it is safe to go on torp man ability further or not?

Also it is normal to have so many malfunction? What if I go closer and shoot from 700m? It reduced the chance of premature detonation at least?

thx very much!

vdr1981 02-09-17 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deicide (Post 2464572)
Wasn't gonna really report this as a bug as other people must not be having it occur. But the only time I have ever gotten a ctd is when I try to click on Captains Log. As a matter of fact every time I click on it my game freezes to the point I have to bring up task manager and end process.
My mods are listed below:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 05c
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon
German Voices_UPlay_for TWoS 1.06

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

-deicide

Friendly kill(s)...

palmic 02-09-17 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfe (Post 2464638)
Help me guys with this pls:

I played SH5WOS campaign and I want to know if the bug of torpedo man special abilities are fixed.

31 December 1939 attack a convoy near the coast of GB and from four steam torps, 2 was a dud ad 1 premature detonation. (distance 3200m).
I also have activated the preheat ability (2 points spent).

Now I have 6 points to spent and I want to know that it is safe to go on torp man ability further or not?

Also it is normal to have so many malfunction? What if I go closer and shoot from 700m? It reduced the chance of premature detonation at least?

thx very much!

I had premature detonations only when i used magnetic pistol in unclean weather.
Use impact one and you should be ok..

For dud torpedoes - yes i had more than half of my torps dud at first missions, quality will raise in time..