SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 02-23-16 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383711)
In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2, although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

what charts do u need ???

gap 02-23-16 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383733)
what charts do u need ???

IMO a 60 x 60 thickmarks (vertical x horizontal) scale grid would be okay. Supposing a spacing of 20 pixels between two marks, such a grid would have a resolution of 1200 by 1200 pixels. If you wanted to further split minutes in seconds, the resulting grid should be 18,000 x 18,000 pixels if you wanted to use a spacing of just 5 pixels between two adjacent marks. Way too big and not accurate at all! :o :doh:

palmic 02-23-16 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383751)
IMO a 60 x 60 thickmarks (vertical x horizontal) scale grid would be okay. Supposing a spacing of 20 pixels between two marks, such a grid would have a resolution of 1200 by 1200 pixels. If you wanted to further split minutes in seconds, the resulting grid should be 18,000 x 18,000 pixels if you wanted to use a spacing of just 5 pixels between two adjacent marks. Way too big and not accurate at all! :o :doh:

The same principle like lightgrid for latlong minutes would be enough for me.
so 60*60.

With this i could just overlay it above map square get pencil, hide it by "E" and mark position.

Sjizzle 02-23-16 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383766)
so 60*60.

With this i could just overlay it above map square get pencil, hide it by "E" and mark position.

oky i will make on tonight but there is a easy way for the minutes :D each 1 degree on the map is 120km so each 2km is 1 min :D

vdr1981 02-23-16 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383751)

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383766)
so 60*60.

:up:

U-FlaK thread is up...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224498

Sjizzle 02-23-16 12:52 PM

do u mean something like this one ? or u wanna divided / minutes this one is for each 10 min divided if u wish for each min let me know

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4b3...1ok0ghbazg.jpg

palmic 02-23-16 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383776)
do u mean something like this one ? or u wanna divided / minutes this one is for each 10 min divided if u wish for each min let me know

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4b3...1ok0ghbazg.jpg

Awesome! Thanks! :)

This should be enough.

palmic 02-23-16 01:18 PM

The next thing is i would disallow to let player avatar to leave tower if certain wind conditions are not met. (+ deckgun teleport)

Right now i could go to deckgun, order crew just behind big wave, move gun slightly, next time again, and again... and finaly shoot even in 15m/s wind.
I would be in the atlantic in 10 seconds :)

Going outside in these conditions would fix it best, as it would fix even outside walking in waves.

If this is not possible, disabling ordering crew to deckgun should be enough.

vdr1981 02-23-16 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383782)
The next thing is i would disallow to let player avatar to leave tower if certain wind conditions are not met. (+ deckgun teleport)

Right now i could go to deckgun, order crew just behind big wave, move gun slightly, next time again, and again... and finaly shoot even in 15m/s wind.
I would be in the atlantic in 10 seconds :)

Going outside in these conditions would fix it best, as it would fix even outside walking in waves.

If this is not possible, disabling ordering crew to deckgun should be enough.

Again , I couldn't agree more. Ideas are not lacking, the problem is "how"...
This should be possible only if we disable whole range of gunners NewUIs commands and not many people will salute this idea.

For now you should 'resist' the temptation to use deck gun in heavy seas...

Sjizzle 02-23-16 02:32 PM

@Palmic here we go Download
enable at the bottom of your mod list

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 04
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch
5. Nautical Charts

read pls the PDF from Degrees Transparency folder

PS. Vecko if u wish u can add it to the mega mod

vdr1981 02-23-16 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383814)

Absolutely! :up:

excel4004 02-23-16 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383643)
sorry to say but that mod is not compatible with the latest version of TWoS like Vecko said is outdated .....

Thanks for having an eye on this!

Damn, would be just great with this mod working. :Kaleun_Crying:

It works long time ago with version WoS 1.2 so maybe someone who has the skill and the pleasure for fixing/updating this mod.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

Would be also a nice addon for the next version from WoS.

palmic 02-23-16 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383803)
Again , I couldn't agree more. Ideas are not lacking, the problem is "how"...
This should be possible only if we disable whole range of gunners NewUIs commands and not many people will salute this idea.

For now you should 'resist' the temptation to use deck gun in heavy seas...

hehe, i expected that, no problem :)

vdr1981 02-23-16 04:33 PM

Quote:

Works great Sjizzle! :up:

http://s6.postimg.org/cgkqgg5pp/SH5_...3_21_08_52.jpg

palmic 02-23-16 04:44 PM

Quote:

@Palmic here we go Download
enable at the bottom of your mod list

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 04
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch
5. Nautical Charts

Yep, this is perfect for me, because its not so precise to replace manual work, or to be too complex, while its enough precise to replace inefficient work about not-precise contacts.
Actually my friend (fan of IL2 Sturmovik) was asking how about to join my force with vokewulf :D

BTW: Enshuldigung, i was in the end stage of strasse of Dover and it was really not going well, so i was continued by 5-6 DDs in about of 80 meters deep channel.
Thats the reason i was not actually about to reply to radio messages from Karl .... Or from Sjizzle :salute:

While it sounds like certain death, it was not so harsh, i remember 50hours DDs battle from trigger maru on border of chinesse sea and pacific :)