SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] The Wolves of Steel v2.2 - ready for download (Steam v1.2.0 compatible) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236598)

franklin1k 11-10-21 04:45 AM

ubisoft connect want to rewrite files

So, I start ubisoft connect and redirect to the directory where the game is installed. It wants to verify and rewrite files. Would that not break this mod?

Demon777 11-10-21 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franklin1k (Post 2778017)
So, I start ubisoft connect and redirect to the directory where the game is installed. It wants to verify and rewrite files. Would that not break this mod?

Uplay must be in offline mode when installing TWOS

franklin1k 11-10-21 06:01 AM

I did install offline

Yeal, this happens when I try to start the game

=> installed mod with every thing offline
=> start Ubisoft Connections
=> start SHV
=> direct game launch to correct location
=> Ubisoft Connections verify files
=> ubisoft Connections want to rewrite files it thinks is corrupt
=> I cancel operation
=> off to play another game, like EU IV

so, should I let Ubisoft rewrite the files? I believe not. That would break the mod, right?

Demon777 11-10-21 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franklin1k (Post 2778024)
Yeal, this happens when I try to start the game

=> installed mod with every thing offline
=> start Ubisoft Connections
=> start SHV
=> direct game launch to correct location
=> Ubisoft Connections verify files
=> ubisoft Connections want to rewrite files it thinks is corrupt
=> I cancel operation
=> off to play another game, like EU IV

so, should I let Ubisoft rewrite the files? I believe not. That would break the mod, right?

something is wrong with your SH5 version or TWOS installation, because after launching SH5.exe there should be no Ubisoft's attempts to rewrite anything...

franklin1k 11-10-21 06:43 AM

thanks

Ok, I will reinstall both game and mod. Thanks for the insight.

Bera 11-18-21 08:55 AM

Hi guys!

I´ve been playing UBOAT and enjoying it very much. However, after some 5 years or so, I´d like to go back to SH5. And, after soo many years, I have some questions:

1) I have both Steam and Ubisoft digital versions of the game. I´d rather play my games trough steam, but which one goes along better with TWOS?

2) I want to take it slow, so for now, no real navigation, I´d like to see contacts on the map when visually possible, and I´d like also to use crew torpedo solutions (I´m learning how to use TDC). Is that possible?

Thanks guys!

vdr1981 11-18-21 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2779205)
Hi guys!

1) I have both Steam and Ubisoft digital versions of the game. I´d rather play my games trough steam, but which one goes along better with TWOS?

Hi Bera,
Steam is better IMO since you wont have to manually replace sh5.exe. TWoS installer will do it for you for the Steam version.

Quote:

2) I want to take it slow, so for now, no real navigation, I´d like to see contacts on the map when visually possible, and I´d like also to use crew torpedo solutions (I´m learning how to use TDC). Is that possible?
That would be easy option in gameplay settings with disabled real nav addon in TWoS JSGME. Simple as that...:yep::salute:
Happy hunting!

Bera 11-18-21 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2779206)
Hi Bera,
Steam is better IMO since you wont have to manually replace sh5.exe. TWoS installer will do it for you for the Steam version.

ff

That would be easy option in gameplay settings with disabled real nav addon in TWoS JSGME. Simple as that...:yep::salute:
Happy hunting!

Thank you very much!!!

I´ll download it today and give it a try again. The only bad thing that I remember is having a lot of crashes, most of them when using time compression (there was even a max setting recommended) and loading saves, is it still happening today? I have a pretty good machine, upgraded it six months ago...

Thanks again!

les green01 11-24-21 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2779207)
Thank you very much!!!

I´ll download it today and give it a try again. The only bad thing that I remember is having a lot of crashes, most of them when using time compression (there was even a max setting recommended) and loading saves, is it still happening today? I have a pretty good machine, upgraded it six months ago...

Thanks again!

with Twos you shouldn't have many crashes unless you add mods that shouldn't be added

Tomi_099 11-26-21 12:14 PM

Thank you :sunny:

Dirk Gently 02-21-22 04:59 AM

Did the mod remove my course plotter button? I can't find it!! If it did, how do I re-enable it?

EDIT: I figured it out.

CaptStabbin 05-02-22 10:14 PM

New Player

Hi, I downloaded the recent mod because of frustrations with the original game play. However is their some way I can edit something in reference to the damage page as they are in german. I get german ship german descriptions but if someone can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. I have fixed the the german voices to english from threads on this issue, but havent seen anything to point me in the right direction to fix this issue. I am new to this game even though owning for some time but stop playing for some years and thought I give it another go. Moreover, I do like the mod.

Thanks in advance.

Aktungbby 05-03-22 12:18 AM

Welcome aboard!

CaptStabbin!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan 05-03-22 01:17 PM

Re: Welcome aboard...

CaptStabbin!

Guy Fleegman 05-14-22 12:42 PM

Musictrack

I dont know who decided to put in a music track that included random sonar pings...but they are either the biggest idiot or the biggest troll lol