SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Infinite torpedoes (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187395)

WWII44 08-31-11 10:16 PM

Infinite torpedoes

is there a mod that gives you infinite torpedoes in single player like the game does in multi player?

theroc44 09-01-11 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWII44 (Post 1740572)
is there a mod that gives you infinite torpedoes in single player like the game does in multi player?

Can safely say ive been thru the whole website and that's a negative. Why would you want that anyway. The whole point is to save'em for a convoy. But to each his own.:yeah:

XTChrisTX 09-01-11 11:16 AM

I don't think it's possible to make torpedoes infinite, but you CAN increase the number of torpedoes you have. I am with you on the thought that the stock game does not give you enough torpedoes.

I would recommend backing up at least the files that will be modified if you do this.

Go into basic.cfg (data\Cfg\). Use the find function or simply scroll until you find [SUBMARINE_AMMOx], x being the ID of the boat you want to add more torpedoes to. This is 0 for IIA, 1 for IID, 2 for VIIB, 3 for VIIC, 4 for VIIC/41, 5 for VIIC/42, 6 for IXB, 7 for IXC, 8 for IXC/40, 9 for IXD2 and 10 for XXI if I recall correctly.

It should look something like this:

Code:

Type=0
Version=0
ForeTubes=3
AftTubes=0
ForeResIntern=2
ForeResExtern=0
ForeResExtra=0
AftResIntern=0
AftResExtern=0
ShellSlots=4
NbYears=7

Year0=1939
ForeTube00=9;T1
ForeTube01=0
ForeTube02=0
ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0
Z01_00=0
A01_00=7
SuperCharger_00=-1
Batteries_00=1263
Hydrophone_00=1270
Radar_00=-1
RadarWarningReceiver_00=-1
Decoy_Launcher_00=-1
SonarCoatings_00=-1
RadarCoatings_00=-1
Renown0=0

With more YearY (Y being a number between 0 and 6) entries after that. You can increase the ForeResIntern and ForeResExtern values upto 16 and 10 I believe, without causing interface glitching. ForeResExtra I haven't tried but I would just zero it. AftResIntern cannot be increased beyond 2 without interface glitches, not sure how far AftResExtern can go. A real smart cookie would realize what else can be changed in this entry as well.

Change the ForeResIntern value. Doing this will not, however, give you more torpedoes, only more empty torpedo slots. Which is fine for a career where you can fill them in base but useless for single missions.

This part here:

Code:

ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0

Extend it like so:

Code:

ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0
ForeResIntern02=0
ForeResIntern03=3
ForeResIntern04=9
ForeResIntern05=9

There are several things that you should know. Leave the zero, one, or whatever first digit was already there. The second one is increased. When you get to your eleventh torpedo, it becomes "010", not "10". Having a zero after the equals sign gives you a T I torpedo. It's "-1" or no entry at all for nothing.

Torpedo index:
0=T I (gas/steam, fast with wake)
1=T I FaT I (same but with FaT pattern running capability)
2=T II (electric wakeless, slow and unreliable [?])
3=T III (electric wakeless, slow, the standard torpedo)
4=T III FaT II (same as T III but with FaT pattern running capability)
5=T IV Falke (T III but slower and with acoustic homing)
6=T V Zaunkonig I (similar to Falke but faster and more reliable)
7=T I LuT I (similar to T I FaT I but more flexible pattern)
8=T III LuT II (same as above but built on wakeless electric T III)
9=T XI Zaunkonig II (better than T V somehow)

This is for the stock game, probably different than Greywolves.

Good luck, and I hope that I have been of some help.

WWII44 09-01-11 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTChrisTX (Post 1740843)
I don't think it's possible to make torpedoes infinite, but you CAN increase the number of torpedoes you have. I am with you on the thought that the stock game does not give you enough torpedoes.

I would recommend backing up at least the files that will be modified if you do this.

Go into basic.cfg (data\Cfg\). Use the find function or simply scroll until you find [SUBMARINE_AMMOx], x being the ID of the boat you want to add more torpedoes to. This is 0 for IIA, 1 for IID, 2 for VIIB, 3 for VIIC, 4 for VIIC/41, 5 for VIIC/42, 6 for IXB, 7 for IXC, 8 for IXC/40, 9 for IXD2 and 10 for XXI if I recall correctly.

It should look something like this:

Code:

Type=0
Version=0
ForeTubes=3
AftTubes=0
ForeResIntern=2
ForeResExtern=0
ForeResExtra=0
AftResIntern=0
AftResExtern=0
ShellSlots=4
NbYears=7

Year0=1939
ForeTube00=9;T1
ForeTube01=0
ForeTube02=0
ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0
Z01_00=0
A01_00=7
SuperCharger_00=-1
Batteries_00=1263
Hydrophone_00=1270
Radar_00=-1
RadarWarningReceiver_00=-1
Decoy_Launcher_00=-1
SonarCoatings_00=-1
RadarCoatings_00=-1
Renown0=0

With more YearY (Y being a number between 0 and 6) entries after that. You can increase the ForeResIntern and ForeResExtern values upto 16 and 10 I believe, without causing interface glitching. ForeResExtra I haven't tried but I would just zero it. AftResIntern cannot be increased beyond 2 without interface glitches, not sure how far AftResExtern can go. A real smart cookie would realize what else can be changed in this entry as well.

Change the ForeResIntern value. Doing this will not, however, give you more torpedoes, only more empty torpedo slots. Which is fine for a career where you can fill them in base but useless for single missions.

This part here:

Code:

ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0

Extend it like so:

Code:

ForeResIntern00=0
ForeResIntern01=0
ForeResIntern02=0
ForeResIntern03=3
ForeResIntern04=9
ForeResIntern05=9

There are several things that you should know. Leave the zero, one, or whatever first digit was already there. The second one is increased. When you get to your eleventh torpedo, it becomes "010", not "10". Having a zero after the equals sign gives you a T I torpedo. It's "-1" or no entry at all for nothing.

Torpedo index:
0=T I (gas/steam, fast with wake)
1=T I FaT I (same but with FaT pattern running capability)
2=T II (electric wakeless, slow and unreliable [?])
3=T III (electric wakeless, slow, the standard torpedo)
4=T III FaT II (same as T III but with FaT pattern running capability)
5=T IV Falke (T III but slower and with acoustic homing)
6=T V Zaunkonig I (similar to Falke but faster and more reliable)
7=T I LuT I (similar to T I FaT I but more flexible pattern)
8=T III LuT II (same as above but built on wakeless electric T III)
9=T XI Zaunkonig II (better than T V somehow)

This is for the stock game, probably different than Greywolves.

Good luck, and I hope that I have been of some help.

thank ye kind sir though I will be upgrading to GWX very soon.

Jimbuna 09-01-11 03:06 PM

Gives a new meaning to SINK EM ALL!! :)

theroc44 09-03-11 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1740984)
Gives a new meaning to SINK EM ALL!! :)

im not trying to ruin anybodys parade, to each his own but this was the reason i left the ubisoft forums years ago.:nope:

Wreford-Brown 09-03-11 04:20 AM

There's an old mod called Wolfie's Tweek Pak that will do this automatically for you - you can all as many torpedoes as you like without the painful manual changing of .cfg files.

I think there's a copy in the subsim downloads section and there should be one in the 'other modders' section of my MediaFire page.

Jimbuna 09-03-11 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroc44 (Post 1741808)
im not trying to ruin anybodys parade, to each his own but this was the reason i left the ubisoft forums years ago.:nope:

Then you best learn what the smileys at the end of a comment are meant for....helps give the correct context.

theroc44 09-03-11 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1741926)
Then you best learn what the smileys at the end of a comment are meant for....helps give the correct context.

didnt mean you Jim lol quoted your text by accident lol :damn:

andy_311 09-03-11 08:23 PM

You can also modify your torpedoes to "Nukes" 1 fish will kill entire convoy problem is if you modify your fish to do that and if your close your taken out as well,Torps don't different from "enemy or freindly" espacilly nukes so your shot could kill you. (just a thought if want to go down that road)

Jimbuna 09-04-11 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroc44 (Post 1742140)
didnt mean you Jim lol quoted your text by accident lol :damn:

Ah, okay....back to normality then :cool:

theroc44 09-04-11 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1742297)
Ah, okay....back to normality then :cool:

i realized it afterwards when you posted i was like oh no jim thinks i meant him lol :damn:

Jimbuna 09-04-11 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroc44 (Post 1742307)
i realized it afterwards when you posted i was like oh no jim thinks i meant him lol :damn:

No problem Kaleun :sunny:

STEED 09-04-11 11:42 AM

Where would you put all those ells? :hmmm:

In the bog? :03: :hmmm:

Help can't get in...couple of eels are in the way! :haha:

SquareSteelBar 09-04-11 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED (Post 1742460)
Where would you put all those ells? :hmmm:...

On a trailer...