SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   What Are You Doing In Real Life II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227726)

Jimbuna 12-23-17 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2532678)
You mean the wedding bills, the vacation bills, the new computer bills, the model airplane bills, the phone bills, the credit card bills, etc? :o

In one :)

Platapus 12-24-17 05:26 AM

In the tradition of old dogs learning new tricks, I am starting to learn Python. It should help out with some of the stuff I am doing at work.

I am a little wary of learning Python. I am not looking forward to handling those live mice.....

Jimbuna 12-24-17 06:43 AM

Christmas eve is upon us here in the UK and my wife has the usual list (longer than a donkeys dangler) with chores for me to do. The most pleasant I suppose is the trip to check the boys house a couple of miles away and driving his car up the coast to keep it maintained etc.

Fubar2Niner 12-24-17 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango589
Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

Ooooh no misses, shut yer face :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2532810)
In the tradition of old dogs learning new tricks, I am starting to learn Python. It should help out with some of the stuff I am doing at work.

I am a little wary of learning Python. I am not looking forward to handling those live mice.....

Wait till it starts on the rabbits ;)

Fubar2Niner 12-24-17 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2532767)
In one :)

Since when did you become Jim Bowen mate? Ooh ya can't beat a bit of bully ;)

Jimbuna 12-24-17 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 2532836)
Since when did you become Jim Bowen mate? Ooh ya can't beat a bit of bully ;)

https://i.imgur.com/BKzodPI.jpg

Sailor Steve 12-24-17 11:28 AM

None of the guys in our band have family to speak of, so we're having our usual Sunday afternoon rehearsal today. :sunny:

Jeff-Groves 12-24-17 11:31 AM

Today I'm working on a shooting chrony.
Tonite I'll turn it on and view it with a nite vision scope to check the IR field to see if it's with in specs.
:hmmm:

Aktungbby 12-24-17 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2532871)
None of the guys in our band have family to speak of, so we're having our usual Sunday afternoon rehearsal today. :sunny:

Have U renamed the band "the Black Sheep" :O:

Mr Quatro 12-24-17 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2532881)
Have U renamed the band "the Black Sheep" :O:

We should rename you the 'deleter' for deleting your post yesterday :yep:

You don't have to be ashamed of being rich ... we like it when you share :up:

Aktungbby 12-24-17 12:48 PM

^ apologies for that! I was trying to add photos after-the-fact of the shambles of the de-stucco'd mess, exposed framing and screwed up...I've got to lay off that Christmas cheer. Then I got called into the city (Union Square) to work 4 hours, threading and detouring past freeway accidents for two hours and 104 miles; and am on call all holiday. :oops:

STEED 12-25-17 07:01 AM

Just another day pottering around doing this and that. :)

As for the neighbours celebrating Xmas the cave man has already shouted out..F off, F'ing kill you. Sounds like Xmas is in full swing with them. :nope:

Mr Quatro 12-25-17 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2532888)
^ apologies for that! I was trying to add photos after-the-fact of the shambles of the de-stucco'd mess, exposed framing and screwed up...I've got to lay off that Christmas cheer. Then I got called into the city (Union Square) to work 4 hours, threading and detouring past freeway accidents for two hours and 104 miles; and am on call all holiday. :oops:

okay your forgiven already ... amnesty on Christmas :up:

STEED 12-25-17 02:31 PM

Wow the wind has got up around here, hope the bins don't topple over in the night.

Sailor Steve 12-25-17 03:03 PM

Woke up earlier to a nice fresh blanket of snow everywhere. Very nice. Took a pain pill and went back to bed. Got up again just after noon. Took another pill and now I'm listening to some motets by Nicolas Gombert (1519-1541).