SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Here we go again-Ukraine once again (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249066)

Rockstar 02-28-22 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2796160)
Yeah, wasn't there a recent American president who was forceful about NATO member states stepping up and budgeting their share of defense costs? :hmmm: Who was that guy?

More important who were the weasels doing business with Putin? All the while that certain president demanded they pony up their fair share. Even while former Warsaw Pact members now in NATO sounded the alarm over a new molotov Ribbentrop pact. No wonder why Putin looked confident and self assured over his actions. Until things started going bad for him. The real weasels we’re intent on withholding arms and looking the other way.

I’m still not sure about this swift thing and how it may affect our economy, and not ready to jump on that bandwagon. But I am keenly aware what a 5.56 NATO round will do to the human body so I’m all for sending arms to Ukraine

Catfish 02-28-22 02:07 PM

re Jim i admit i have lost all overview myself :haha:

re Jeff :arrgh!:

Jimbuna 02-28-22 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2796169)
re Jim i admit i have lost all overview myself :haha:

re Jeff :arrgh!:

If I'm to be totally honest here I admit I'm getting a little concerned he won't choose the nuclear option.

Jeff-Groves 02-28-22 02:13 PM

Well. As I recall. The USA stated they would not use Nukes FIRST!
So if Crazy Ivan uses them first? All bets are off!

Catfish 02-28-22 02:13 PM

^ re Jim – yes. What would Hitler have done in his last days in a bunker, if he had had nuclear weapons..

Jeff-Groves 02-28-22 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2796174)
^ Yes. What would Hitler have done in his last days in a bunker, if he had had nuclear weapons..

We'd be playing SH3 as the Losers.
Just on the other side!

Bilge_Rat 02-28-22 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2796167)
This is going to be forcing Vladolf into making a decision soon but what will he do?

He does not have a choice, he has to go all in. He has maybe 1-2 weeks, if after that it does not look like the Russians are winning, the external/internal pressure will force to find a way out.

Jimbuna 02-28-22 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2796174)
^ re Jim – yes. What would Hitler have done in his last days in a bunker, if he had had nuclear weapons..

Hitler was that doped up at the end I doubt he could figure much out rationally but somehow I reckon Vladof is in a clearer cold and calculating state of mind.

Jimbuna 02-28-22 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat (Post 2796177)
He does not have a choice, he has to go all in. He has maybe 1-2 weeks, if after that it does not look like the Russians are winning, the external/internal pressure will force to find a way out.

I sincerely hope you're wrong :hmmm:

Bilge_Rat 02-28-22 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2796180)
I sincerely hope you're wrong :hmmm:

I am not talking about the Bomb btw, as long as the war stays in Ukraine and NATO forces do not get involved, I don't see a scenario where Putin would be allowed to launch a nuclear strike.

Jeff-Groves 02-28-22 02:23 PM

They went Defensive mode.
I'd suspect Putin fears a Cruise Missile might be heading his way.
Those Nasty Subs hiding under the Arctic Ice could pull that off.

Jimbuna 02-28-22 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat (Post 2796184)
I am not talking about the Bomb btw, as long as the war stays in Ukraine and NATO forces do not get involved, I don't see a scenario where Putin would be allowed to launch a nuclear strike.

Ah, right...I thought when you wrote " he has to go all in" you meant the nuclear option.

Jeff-Groves 02-28-22 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat (Post 2796184)
I don't see a scenario where Putin would be allowed to launch a nuclear strike.

So WHO gave him permission to just willy nilly launch a freaking WAR?
One that is NOT going so well for them for all accounts.
The ones that gave him 'permission'? Those people need targeted.
By Targeted I mean terminated with extreme prejudice.
Look up the meaning of that!

Bilge_Rat 02-28-22 02:30 PM

well you can already see the war getting nastier:

1st day Ops looked they thought it could be a Coup to capture cities without much violence;

5th day, they are using MLRS to bomb cities and are dropping Cluster Bombs which are expressly designed to kill/injure as many humans as possible.

Jimbuna 02-28-22 02:34 PM

Quote:

Ukraine crisis: Ukrainians prepare to go home to fight.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60560589
Just a handful at present but if this is replicated across other countries the numbers could soon become more significant.