SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Killerfish's next title: Cold Waters is announced! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227845)

strykerpsg 01-12-17 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet (Post 2457820)
We totally agree. There are many more talented people out in the community than we have in house who can contribute to the game. Likely in ways we'd never imagine! So we're trying to open up the game as much as we can.

DLCs: we're not sure at this time. DLCs provide additional revenue, meaning additional resources to keep working in the game.

Release date: conservatively we'd estimate down to only months away. Perhaps out by mid-year.

Fantastic news on all fronts. Looking very much to the release and reliving some old school memories with new school tech and art.

Castout 02-05-17 06:13 AM

Really looking forward to the release of Cold Waters.

Hoping the Soviet side will also be playable!

Navigator857 03-18-17 07:08 PM

...........(*COUGH*).....BETA.......(*COUGH*)..... please.........:wah:

:Kaleun_Wink:

Jack

Kaye T. Bai 04-24-17 03:19 AM

Ooh, the suspense! I haven't been this excited for a game since GTA V on PC back in 2015.

nesbit 05-08-17 06:56 PM

Seawolf?

Can't wait for this game. Will it include the Seawolf class? I realize it might have been late late cold war, but it was included in RSR if I remember correctly.

Perhaps pay for a 'seawolf' DLC?

:arrgh!:

FPSchazly 05-08-17 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesbit (Post 2483121)
Can't wait for this game. Will it include the Seawolf class? I realize it might have been late late cold war, but it was included in RSR if I remember correctly.

I believe it will *just* be the Skipjack, Permit, Sturgeon, LA (pre VLS?), and Narwhal at release.

Nippelspanner 05-09-17 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesbit (Post 2483121)

No Seawolf class submarine has seen the cold war.
The first Seawolf was laid down in October 1989, rather shortly before the Soviet Union's sudden collapse.
So, without a DLC that also plays after the cold war, I see no chance for a Seawolf class submarine to appear, and from what I've gathered, the developers definitely try to stick to history/authenticity.

The Los Angeles class is way more sexy anyways! :O:

Navigator857 05-15-17 03:09 PM

Any updates?

Jack

denis_469 05-30-17 05:32 PM

What about US diesel subs like Guppy I,II, II or Tang for example? Nuclear subs is good, but US nave have and diesel subs like.