SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Stormy`s DBSM collection SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552)

trotter 04-13-10 01:15 PM

I should add also that I listened to the entire 9 min loop amb_SubmarineInterior_Q.wav file, and the breathing noise is not present. Therefore it has to be an independent file somewhere.

Oh and thanks for the shift+s tip for extended conversation, appreciate it. Nice addition to the mod.

t0maz 04-13-10 01:56 PM

Maybe you have ghosts on your boat? ;)
Good luck with searching! :up:

BTW: I found and swap today anoying (for me..) dive alarm in speech folder from MFCM mod so... everything is possible :haha:

Stevepine 04-13-10 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotter (Post 1358283)
Stormy and t0maz,

I think the breathing while surfacing sound you both are talking about is in submarine_surfacing.wav, in the 'data/sound' folder. I am listening to it now, and I hear the breathing in the background of that file, and it is not the same breathing I am referring to.

The poster above me, stevepine, describes it more accurately. It is loud, seemingly right next to the player no matter where in the sub you are. And it is not triggered by a certain event. It happens while surfaced but also while submerged.

And of course worst of all it is incredibly distracting/weird.

I am looking through all the .wav files in data/sound, but no file name appears to describe it. Before I go one by one through the files, do either of you have any updated idea what it could be?

Also, is there a chance it is included in data/sound/speech? That folder seems to be all basic command speech so I doubt it.

If we could disable this murmering / whispering sound and the alarm like, deafening yelling at the sighting of EVERY friendly vessel then the mod would be a complete MUST have.

Von Rondstadd 04-22-10 09:33 AM

Great sound!

Are you still working on opening closing the torpedo hatches ??

again :yeah:

raymond6751 04-22-10 12:37 PM

Thanks

Uh Huh Uh Huh That's the way I like it. Uh Huh

(K.C. and the Sunshine Band)

KillerTube 04-29-10 11:24 AM

Stormy rocks the sounds

great work as always. thanks for the hard work. :yeah:

raymond6751 04-29-10 02:45 PM

Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherbert (Post 1311525)
Just clicked on Crash Dive and crashed to desktop. Not sure though if this is your mod or the SH4 style 3 Gauge interface mod.

So the Crash dive really did it?

Not funny I know but I couldn't resist.

silversurfer 05-14-10 06:29 AM

I got that to..every time I press "C" for crash dive I get a CTD. Can only Crash dive if I use the depth gauge

Cap.Palla 05-14-10 07:01 AM

It's possible to use this mod with 1.2 patch? If not,can you please update the mod? I miss it.... :salute:

Stormfly 05-14-10 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap.Palla (Post 1392151)
It's possible to use this mod with 1.2 patch? If not,can you please update the mod? I miss it.... :salute:

is patch 1.2 worth it ?

M4XDmG 05-14-10 02:54 PM

I use this mod with patch 1.2. Haven't run into problems yet. Tried to find another good sound mod and did find good ones, but none of the others had the same atmosphere this mod has (even with its few annoyancies)... Great mod!

And no matter if the new patch wasn't what we hoped, it is better than nothing!

Cap.Palla 05-14-10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfly (Post 1392629)
is patch 1.2 worth it ?

I dunno...i'm using the TDW UI and when i installed your mod i can't hold depth anymore. But i'm not sure if it's really your mod...

sentenc3 05-14-10 04:50 PM

This is the best sound mod I've seen ... the total environment:yeah:

Sub Commander 05-26-10 01:11 PM

CTD when pressing C... any help?

Stormfly 05-26-10 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Commander (Post 1403805)
CTD when pressing C... any help?

yes, here is a temp solution, it is already fixed for the upcoming version 1.2.

...open \data\cfg\commands.cfg

find section:

[Cmd201]
Name=Crash_dive
Contexts=1
MnID=0x3F230002
StringID=1035
Key0=0x43,s,C,"shift+C"
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
CommandClass=Depth
;Sound_0=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_CHIEF_33
;Sound_1=ELO_Helm,MC_QRF_WATCH_29
;Sound_0=ELO_Navig,MC_CR_NAV_Alarm <--- comment this line out using a ";" at the beginning.

with upcomming version 1.2, i use a different method to play forward compartments rumble sounds while crash diving.