SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Simon 09-01-20 03:32 PM

Na, Männer?

I was wondering if there is a printable recognition manual for the variety of ships in WoS or at least an excel spreadsheet with data like length, draft, mast height etc. for each ship, because going ship by ship in the ingame recognition manual is very slow considering the variety of ships.

Or maybe there is a way to do this quicker which I am not aware of.

Thank you.

ChrisKilla101 09-03-20 11:39 AM

I printed this one years ago: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hng2zh...dbuch.pdf/file
It's definitly nice to have but i think it's for the vanilla version of the game so it's incomplete. I'm not even sure if its measurements are accurate.
It would be great if someone with the right skillset could make something similiar for WoS.
Happy hunting,
Chris
P.S. I wondered if anyone knows where I could find a printable map preferably with Kriegsmarine grid? Thanks in advance.

Texas Red 09-03-20 01:18 PM

Welcome aboard matey!

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5603

Try this, ChrisKilla101.

ChrisKilla101 09-03-20 01:39 PM

Wow, thanks alot for your quick answer the beast! Thats exactly what i had in mind. I've been searching for years. Hopefully it's still readable after printing. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Texas Red 09-03-20 02:10 PM

You're welcome. And yes, it is still readable, I use it and I can still read it just fine.

psjdb 09-03-20 08:20 PM

end patrol issue

Hi, i'm having an issue ending my first patrol, do you need to wait for the operation end date ? I have achieved all patrol conditions early and was ordered to return to base. end date is the 4th sept I'm trying to dock on the 2nd and get no anchor despite saving and restarting game, load game and the shift Z trick still no anchor.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
cheers.

vdr1981 09-04-20 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psjdb (Post 2693634)
Hi, i'm having an issue ending my first patrol, do you need to wait for the operation end date ? I have achieved all patrol conditions early and was ordered to return to base. end date is the 4th sept I'm trying to dock on the 2nd and get no anchor despite saving and restarting game, load game and the shift Z trick still no anchor.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
cheers.

Pay more attention to your radio messages.:yep: You should go to Kiel...

psjdb 09-04-20 07:03 AM

Thanks for that, I headed for the base that was showing the uboat base symbol.

Sakapatate 09-12-20 09:30 AM

Ahoy camarades,

I have a problem, I am not playing with the real navigation mod, but I have the impression that it installs itself after the first patrol; when I return to port and request my next mission, there is no patrol area displayed on the map and, once at sea, the BDU sends me messages like "convoy in your sector" with coordinates .

The problem is, I can't uninstall because it doesn't.

And I am not yet ready to learn the mathematic of longitudes yet.

Thank you.

derstosstrupp 09-12-20 10:08 AM

To be clear, the real navigation mod does not force you to do any nav calculations yourself. It removes your icon from the map and your navigator will keep a dead reckoning and obtain celestial fixes when weather permits. No need to do anything on your end - you can ask for a DR plot or fix (weather permitting) anytime.

Texas Red 09-19-20 08:19 AM

Will we be getting an update soon, hopefully?

Its been awfully quiet here, I hope that this mod is not dead!

vdr1981 09-19-20 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2696257)
Will we be getting an update soon, hopefully?

Its been awfully quiet here, I hope that this mod is not dead!

If we hunt in silence it doesn't mean that the mod is "dead". :) It's "Silent" Hunter after all! :):salute::salute:

kapuhy 09-19-20 01:42 PM

Something that I noticed during multiple recent museum-scrollings through all units - there are a bunch of ships/planes "played" in game by another unit, which do not show normally in museum - like B-18 Bolo, Hudson, Ventura ("played" by Sunderland) and SC-497 Subchaser "played" by Armed Trawler.

Are the above units included in campaign files (I don't mean actual modeled units but these "invisible in museum clones")? So, if someone was to, say, import or model SC-497 or Bolo :oops:, would it just be simple matter of replacing clone with new unit?

vdr1981 09-19-20 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2696311)
Something that I noticed during multiple recent museum-scrollings through all units - there are a bunch of ships/planes "played" in game by another unit, which do not show normally in museum - like B-18 Bolo, Hudson, Ventura ("played" by Sunderland) and SC-497 Subchaser "played" by Armed Trawler.

Yes, those are clones. SH5 still have good number of those "proximity" air/sea units.

Quote:

Are the above units included in campaign files (I don't mean actual modeled units but these "invisible in museum clones")? So, if someone was to, say, import or model SC-497 or Bolo :oops:, would it just be simple matter of replacing clone with new unit?
Yes, we could just replace the unit and enable it in the museum...:yep:

Texas Red 09-19-20 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696277)
If we hunt in silence it doesn't mean that the mod is "dead". :) It's "Silent" Hunter after all! :):salute::salute:

:haha::up:

Keep us posted on the updates!

kapuhy 09-20-20 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696325)
Yes, we could just replace the unit and enable it in the museum...:yep:

Good to know :03:

By the way, did you have any problems whatsoever with PB4Y Privateer? I noticed that while stock models are rather consistently within 3-4 k. polys for single engined and 5-6 k. for bombers, imported models polycount varies wildly, biggest outlier being PB4Y with 160671 polys (or about as much as 27 Sunderlands). I was wondering if this caused any issues for game engine?

vdr1981 09-21-20 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2696486)
Good to know :03:

By the way, did you have any problems whatsoever with PB4Y Privateer? I noticed that while stock models are rather consistently within 3-4 k. polys for single engined and 5-6 k. for bombers, imported models polycount varies wildly, biggest outlier being PB4Y with 160671 polys (or about as much as 27 Sunderlands). I was wondering if this caused any issues for game engine?

Maybe some little game lag when unit is loaded but nothing significant...:hmmm:

kapuhy 09-22-20 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696673)
Maybe some little game lag when unit is loaded but nothing significant...:hmmm:

Good :) I won't have to be so stingy with polys then.

adrians69 09-22-20 05:16 AM

Loving the latest edition of the mod, the new wooden lifeboats look awesome!!

Blackhorse11ACR2003 09-23-20 12:10 PM

The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod Installation Question

I am looking to purchase SH5 and from what it looks, do I just need the JGSSME installation in order to download and install this megamod? Or should it be copied to a different directory?:Kaleun_Salute: