SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Trigger Maru Overhauled (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330)

skookum 01-28-09 03:29 PM

Hi,

Is there an Imperial Nomograph for TMO? The stock nomograph appears to indicate it's in meters.

Thanks

clayp 01-29-09 04:52 PM

What is the latest combination for 1.4?

Captain Hill 01-29-09 09:15 PM

I am heartbroken. Everytime I catch a ship in my sights, my framerates drop to 1/sec. I'm running a 2.4 GHz quad core with a very good graphics card. Never had this happen in the stock version, smooth as glass with huge convoys in the scope. I am depressed at the possibility of having to go back to vanilla.

ReallyDedPoet 01-30-09 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayp

If you go to Duci's File Front Page, you will see a 1.4 folder clay. The version
is in there.

RDP

banjo 01-30-09 11:07 AM

Captain Hill, try unchecking some of your graphic options (the left column). I have an old 2.8 gig Dell with a 7600GS card and my game runs smoothly.

clayp 01-30-09 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:

Originally Posted by clayp

If you go to Duci's File Front Page, you will see a 1.4 folder clay. The version
is in there.

RDP

Thanks RDP......:up:

Captain Hill 01-30-09 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo
Captain Hill, try unchecking some of your graphic options (the left column). I have an old 2.8 gig Dell with a 7600GS card and my game runs smoothly.

I'll try it. I also updated my graphic card (nVidia 7350 LE) drivers before I went to beddy-bye last night. Hopefully the combination will work.

jazzabilly 01-31-09 08:20 PM

By the by - when does TMO get tired of you sinking ships and assigns you to a desk job? Currently on my 10th patrol in my 3rd boat. I sort of want to keep going....

scott613 02-01-09 11:50 AM

Narwhal Rocks...

Well - I'm into my first campaign on the Narwhal and I am still pretty new at this... I am running the latest TMO and RSRD... Assigned to the Gilberts... All I can say is I am pretty impressed with this boat... From what I understand it's a TMO exclusive... The merchants hate me... I have 4 kills already and all from surface action... The two 4" deck guns make quick work of dispatching these ships... With 5.1 Surround Sound a 20" flat panel - a really decent machine to drive all this - it's almost like being there...

Does anyone else use the speech recognition software ??? It works really well with TMO... It just looks like a few of the voice items are mapped incorrectly - when I ask for "Depth Below Keel" it orders "Periscope Depth"... I'm thinking a button may have been moved on the control bar or something... Anyone know how to fix this ???

Thanks for all the hardwork on TMO - I love it...

Captain Hill 02-01-09 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hill
Quote:

I'll try it. I also updated my graphic card (nVidia 7350 LE) drivers before I went to beddy-bye last night. Hopefully the combination will work.

No joy. But what DID do the trick was trading out my Nvidia GForce 7350 LE for a $99 (Best Buy) NVidia 9600 GSO. Now my scope moves so fast I have to use the CTRL key to slow it down. Smooth as glass and I am a happy skipper again!

Wilcke 02-02-09 03:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No joy. But what DID do the trick was trading out my Nvidia GForce 7350 LE for a $99 (Best Buy) NVidia 9600 GSO. Now my scope moves so fast I have to use the CTRL key to slow it down. Smooth as glass and I am a happy skipper again!

Oh, please never buy anything PC related at the BB! Please, please, please. Tiger Direct was blowing out 9800GT's for under $100. I just bought another 9800GT from NewEgg for $100 with a Free copy of COD: World at War.

Research, research google is your friend.

Captain Hill 02-02-09 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, please never buy anything PC related at the BB! Please, please, please. Tiger Direct was blowing out 9800GT's for under $100. I just bought another 9800GT from NewEgg for $100 with a Free copy of COD: World at War.

I'll never give Tiger Direct a dollar of my money again as long as I live. As for New Egg, none in my area and shipping/handling make the $99 BB just as reasonable.

Wilcke 02-03-09 12:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll never give Tiger Direct a dollar of my money again as long as I live. As for New Egg, none in my area and shipping/handling make the $99 BB just as reasonable.

Hey no problem enjoy the new card! Sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

The Old Ferenczy 02-03-09 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowddy
I have a question again i installed the latast TMO 1.6.3 version over the 1.6.2 version and almost all is OK:oops: the only thing that is not working anymore is the next/previous cam buton "." now i did edit the MOD/Data/Cfg/Commands/and then the Cmd 50+51

I did this in V1.6.2 and it worked great it restored the function of the "." button. Now i did the same in V1.6.3 and the "." button no longer functions so i no have the next/prevous cam function atm.

Does anyone have the same problem and did anyone found a solution??

So in short the solution as discribed in the FAQ of the V.1.6.2 no works for the V1.6.3 at least not with me.

Regards Rowddy.

Same problem...any solutions?

ustahl 02-04-09 06:42 AM

Commands restoring mini-mod

Some people may prefer to continue using the command layout they are used to, be it the stock or a self-tweaked commands set, after installing a big mod pack like TM, which alters the commands layout.

As an easy fix you can make a little commands mini-mod like this:
Before installing the big mod pack that changes the commands layout, make a copy of Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg and place it in a new folder named, say, My Commands, with the aforementioned folder structure. This My Commands folder is your mini-mod for restoring your familiar commands layout. Put it into the Mods folder and activate with JSGME after having installed TM mod. My Commands will overwrite the changed commands from TM and thus restore your familiar commands set. Of course your restored commands are not in sync now with the commands help function in TM, but you probably know your old commands by heart anyway. (If you want the help function to correctly reflect the restored commands layout you would need to make the relevant changes within Data\Menu\Help.)
I have tested this without any problems.:yep:

This is not to offend Ducimus in any way, it's just a suggestion for an easy alternative.
If Duci thinks this commands restoring mini-mod might cause operational problems/conflicts with TM, I'd like to know.:salute: