SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   What Are You Doing In Real Life II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227726)

Fubar2Niner 06-22-17 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2493900)
5 straight days of ninety's and over 100 hundred degrees makes anyone over 60 sensitive: heavy on watering the yards and running the AC. The grapes in the vinyards are getting an early tan! Wife's 63 birthday is today; so dinner at her favorite chophouse. Off to Social Security to do paperwork on my Medicare-part B before they penalize me!:shucks: 'Merika!:yeah:

I can relate to that bby, well at least the over sixty and heat part. Give Mrs bby a hug from me, ( hope it don't get you a slap in the kisser, happens here all the time now we both 60+ :haha: ) Only grapes I have are the pile type :wah: again weather don't help.

Take it easy ol' pal, and enjoy those chops :up:

Fubar

Mr Quatro 06-22-17 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2493900)
5 straight days of ninety's and over 100 hundred degrees makes anyone over 60 sensitive: heavy on watering the yards and running the AC. The grapes in the vinyards are getting an early tan! Wife's 63 birthday is today; so dinner at her favorite chophouse. Off to Social Security to do paperwork on my Medicare-part B before they penalize me!:shucks: 'Merika!:yeah:

Welcome back Ak (what do they call you for short) and happy birthday to your Mrs ... You don't look in your sixties ... you didn't take SS early did you?

How many poor pickers are near you ... I bet they are hot :yep: even the Orville Dam workers rebuilding the spillway have to take off now after 2pm :yep:

Eichhörnchen 06-22-17 04:36 PM

"MANY HAPPY RETURNS,
MRS AKTUNG!"

STEED 06-22-17 05:48 PM

Heat may have gone but the humidity still here. Hope Friday is fresher at work.

STEED 06-23-17 06:53 AM

Seems fresher today, the acid test will be at work this evening.

Jimbuna 06-23-17 07:33 AM

Many happy returns to the boss lady Aktung.

A few diecast landed this morning including one I clear forgot I had on pre-order.

Aktungbby 06-23-17 09:00 AM

^ The Boss lady appreciates all her :subsim: well-wishers; and has taken the day off: announcing we are driving to Sacramento to pick apricots for her to make jam with. I hope we beat the heat but I have my doubts about the interior part of the state. We already made raspberry jam from our own raspberry bushes-a big treat as the neighbors like her old style canning jars. My 60+ idea of lunch is still Skippy peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam!:yeah: The one neighbor's apricot tree is not producing fruit this year, so the trip to an orchard, 40 miles away, is apparently in order!:k_confused: Another neighbor's orange tree provides the fruit for her marmalade! I have 'gleaning privileges' in the 'hood otherwise it just gets wasted. Her Spaghetti sauce from our tomatoes, with meat, is also a big hit... alongside tomato paste, beans and sweet corn. Much of the garage shelving is for her finished canning products.

Mr Quatro 06-23-17 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby
Driving 40 miles to pick apricots for her to make jam, our tree provides fruit to make raspberry jam. Another neighbor's orange tree provides the fruit for her marmalade! Much of the garage shelving is for her finished canning products.

I've heard of preppers, but I didn't know your were a breakfast prepper :up:

Aktungbby 06-23-17 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2494159)
I've heard of preppers, but I didn't know your were a breakfast prepper :up:

Indeed! good English marmalade on an English muffin (an inherited trait from mom) is what I bring back in my luggage...the wife and daughter deal with the Scotch whisky issues and customs.:yeah:

Eichhörnchen 06-23-17 12:25 PM

Just now:

Moira: "Do you love me?"

Me: "Just about"

Moira "You're supposed to tell me every day"

Me "I'll have a beer. Then I'll tell you"

STEED 06-23-17 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen (Post 2494202)
Moira: "Do you love me?"

Me: "Just about"

Moira "You're supposed to tell me every day"

Me "I'll have a beer. Then I'll tell you"

I hope you hid all the rolling pins. :03:

Eichhörnchen 06-23-17 06:14 PM

I don't know why she puts up with it...

Aktungbby 06-23-17 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen (Post 2492833)
The only thing Aktung can draw is his pay :)

http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/images/money-graffiti.gif

Jimbuna 06-24-17 07:53 AM

Just took delivery of eight differently themed model bases for the diecast collection so looking forward to utilising these in my future photographic efforts.

Aktungbby 06-24-17 10:16 AM

the slow legal death of amendment 2 by ass-phixiation

Beretta and Colt's Python oiled and primed; off to range for 4th bi-annual shoot to qualify for state's open carry card combine with my guard license; makes me good for two years more. Coming up on 44 years of this toil!:dead: The state has tightened down severely in 2017: No longer will I be permitted a 15 round mag which had been 'grandfathered in' to gun owners of such weapons-since '94 in my case. All magazines for non-peace officers must be ten rounds as of 7/1. I have one but getting ten rounds into it is a major pain. Additionally, background checks(not a real biggie for me actually as the CCW conceal permit paperwork is extensive) will also be now required to simply buy ammunition...so I'd better stock up on the staples...or go to Reno, Nevada gun shows to avoid the paperwork. My favorite two gunshops in town simply gave up after 25+ years as the rules are steadily getting prohibitive... THE STATE HAS NO PROBLEMS COLLECTING INCOME TAX FROM MY GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT: THEY JUST MAKE IT MORE PROBLEMATIC TO EARN IT!" Merica!:yeah: :wah: