SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   COVID-19 Vaccination: Post here if you have gotten the vaccination (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247850)

vienna 07-21-21 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2758714)
Have an appointment Wednesday for my 1st shot.
I REALLY don't want to take the shots but with this new Delta and all the travel
I have to do with my job?
It comes down to the fact that odds are getting stacked against me!
:nope:

On the local news here in LA, a doctor at one of the hospitals treating Covid patients was interviewed about the whopping big increases in Delta variant cases and deaths in LA County; he cited the number of cases and deaths in a particular hospital as compared to just a few weeks ago and finished by stating the number of persons currently hospitalized for adverse Covid vaccination reactions and the number of deaths from Covid vaccination reactions was the same: zero...

<O>

Jimbuna 07-21-21 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2758815)
^ Got my first Moderna jab on june 23rd, had no reaction until two weeks after when the arm hurt a little bit, so not much and gone in 3 days.
2nd one will be august 4th.

I'd be blaming the EU for those time delays :O:

Jeff-Groves 07-21-21 02:20 PM

I figure I better take the shots before the Lambda Lambda Lambda variant comes around!
:haha:

Catfish 07-21-21 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2758894)
I'd be blaming the EU for those time delays :O:

Of course :O:, but here it seems they found out some of my integral.. systems are a bit different, so we delayed and do not know how i will react to such mrna vaccines, or if at all. Interesting experiment :haha:

u crank 07-21-21 03:49 PM

I now have my two shots of Pfizer. I'm disappointed. I thought there would be ice and a little umbrella. What a rip. :nope:

vienna 07-21-21 04:02 PM

You were obviously expecting the wrong kind of shots; besides, all the shots I've known are straight up in a shot glass; one shudders to think of the kind of places you patronize where they come with "ice and a little umbrella"... :haha: :03:...

<O>

u crank 07-21-21 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna (Post 2758941)
You were obviously expecting the wrong kind of shots; besides, all the shots I've known are straight up in a shot glass; one shudders to think of the kind of places you patronize where they come with "ice and a little umbrella"... :haha: :03:...

Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica ... Next question.

vienna 07-21-21 04:09 PM

Oh, and I thought it was just one of those "Canadian" things, eh... :D

<O>

Skybird 07-21-21 04:31 PM

Last week I got another call from my doc's office, saying they want to give me the second jab another couple of days earlier, so the date got moved forward a bit for the second time, two or three days more. Next Tuesday it is now, 8 days earlier than originally announced, and 4 weeks and 1 day after the first shot. Its then almost August, and last year I estimated that I would not get full vaccination before early autumn. Well, almost precise estimation, one month early only. I want a prize! :)

Keep on mind guys, you do alter probabilities to not suffer a serious case in your favour. It does not mean you do not get infected. Although that chance also is a bit smaller then, and you may carry less virusses and for shorter time, which makes you a bit less infectous for other people as well. All this said with Delta on mind.

u crank 07-21-21 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna (Post 2758945)
Oh, and I thought it was just one of those "Canadian" things, eh... :D

Ah no. If it were a Canadian thing there would be no glasses involved.:()1:

Catfish 07-22-21 03:32 AM

https://apnews.com/article/business-...3dd7f33d471579

But, freedom day in England :hmmm:

Jimbuna 07-22-21 07:13 AM

Some scientific 'experts' are now saying the UK could enter into a national lockdown within a month.

Mr Quatro 07-22-21 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2759015)
Some scientific 'experts' are now saying the UK could enter into a national lockdown within a month.

Here we go again ... plus 10 million people in LA have to where a mask if they are inside now. :yep:

Got TP :o

Jeff-Groves 07-22-21 01:09 PM

Took 15 minutes waiting until I was injected. Then the 15 minute wait before I could leave.
At the end of the 15 minute wait the Lady asked me if I felt OK.
I asked her where the restroom was and her eyes got big.
"Why? Are you feeling ill?"
I answered
"No. I've been screwed around for 30 minutes now and I had to pee when I came in!"
:haha:

Dowly 07-23-21 12:48 PM

Got my second stabbystabby yesterday. Again, no side effects at least yet.