SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250635)

Bubblehead1980 06-12-22 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh (Post 2813584)
Been away for a bit, came back to see a new version of TMO along with the Fleetboat Interior to go along with it.

Thank you Bubblehead and Vickers.

I love the idea of prewar patrols.

Thanks to the choosing my own boat Mod I started my career in my favorite prewar boat, Sailfish.

First mission to go practice with Marblehead in Lingayen Gulf. That is so cool.

I had to reload the mission to get myself four MK-10's.

Here's my boat tied up at the sub tender. You can see Marblehead in the upper right corner.

Note the truck driving on the water to her right.

Amphib trucks..

I WANT ONE!!

Welcome back, glad you're giving the improved TMO a try.

lol yea the "amphibs" are scenery issues I have not been able to resolve.

KaleunMarco 06-18-22 03:18 PM

Surface Depth, Heavy Seas, Being swept off the Conning Tower

i cannot find the proper post to reply to, so please forgive me.

there was a minor discussion not long ago about being swept off the conning tower during tough weather and it was suggested that changing the Surface Depth might help.

i tried a deeper setting and the results were no better than standard depth.
then i tried a shallower setting and the results are much better.
6 m for a Balao seems to keep everyone in place during a 15 m/s wind.
rolling from the additional exposed freeboard does not seem to be a problem for either the crew or handling the boat and we do not seem to be detected any more than we usually do.

Bubblehead1980 06-18-22 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2814553)
i cannot find the proper post to reply to, so please forgive me.

there was a minor discussion not long ago about being swept off the conning tower during tough weather and it was suggested that changing the Surface Depth might help.

i tried a deeper setting and the results were no better than standard depth.
then i tried a shallower setting and the results are much better.
6 m for a Balao seems to keep everyone in place during a 15 m/s wind.
rolling from the additional exposed freeboard does not seem to be a problem for either the crew or handling the boat and we do not seem to be detected any more than we usually do.

No prob. T he post was in the Dark Waters forum for U Boats, I replied there and in the Type VIIB had mixed results, but somewhat better. I rarely have the issue in fleetboats likely because the bridge/conning tower is higher off the water.

4H_Ccrashh 06-22-22 01:49 PM

The Geek showing through.

4 Attachment(s)
Technically this is a small alteration for the Fleet Boat Interior MOD for TMO.

I'm putting it here because the new TMO has a pre-war career starting point.

I'm a details kinda geek.

Read that as borderline obsessive / compulsive to the point my wife sometimes dreams of putting a steak knife in my neck. (Stay tuned for the next episode of "COPS")

Any-who, I started the Prewar campaign. Decided to go with the USS Pike instead of Sailfish. I've never tried the P-boat class

After moving the deck gun aft to where it is belongs in mid 1941, I noticed that the publications in the wardroom and in the yeoman's office were post Pearl Harbor attack.

This tweek puts prewar news papers and magazines aboard the boat. They are dated a month or two prior to the start date of the first pre-war patrol.

One of the newspapers is Brit. I figured out in the Asiatic Fleet you get news wherever you can find it.

Drop in JSGME and activate. Can be done in port or on patrol.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/83c6i...APERS.rar/file

Bubblehead1980 06-22-22 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh (Post 2815128)
Technically this is a small alteration for the Fleet Boat Interior MOD for TMO.

I'm putting it here because the new TMO has a pre-war career starting point.

I'm a details kinda geek.

Read that as borderline obsessive / compulsive to the point my wife sometimes dreams of putting a steak knife in my neck. (Stay tuned for the next episode of "COPS")

Any-who, I started the Prewar campaign. Decided to go with the USS Pike instead of Sailfish. I've never tried the P-boat class

After moving the deck gun aft to where it is belongs in mid 1941, I noticed that the publications in the wardroom and in the yeoman's office were post Pearl Harbor attack.

This tweek puts prewar news papers and magazines aboard the boat. They are dated a month or two prior to the start date of the first pre-war patrol.

One of the newspapers is Brit. I figured out in the Asiatic Fleet you get news wherever you can find it.

Drop in JSGME and activate. Can be done in port or on patrol.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/83c6i...APERS.rar/file

Very nice! Immersion matters in subsims so not OCD, it paying attention to details. I am sure vickers03 will appreciate it as well for the change.

I was very OCD with campaign lol...esp on historic movements of battles, certain convoys, etc. I could have finished a lot faster but the OCD when it comes to history and this sim kicked lol.

Far as deck gun. Did you use the aft deck gun mod from original TMO? This was included in download I believe, or that may have been V1.0

If not aware, default position for deck gun is forward due to the deck gun upgrade bug, but the aft deck gun was included. I use it when starting early war careers as well.

4H_Ccrashh 06-22-22 03:15 PM

I used the after deck gun mod from TMO ver 2.0.

I know almost everyone is aware but just want make the point that you must have the aft deck gun mod loaded before you create your career. If you have already started a career, even if in port and try to load the mod it will not work.

Bubblehead1980 06-22-22 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh (Post 2815142)
I used the after deck gun mod from TMO ver 2.0.

I know almost everyone is aware but just want make the point that you must have the aft deck gun mod loaded before you create your career. If you have already started a career, even if in port and try to load the mod it will not work.

Correct. When I decide to run a boat through the entire career, just switch the captains by editing the careertrack.upc, decide want it moved the gun forward or vice versa, I just do a "manual" refit, i.e. editing the subplayerunit.upoc, but its a bit of a pain and not something every captain wants to do though.

4H_Ccrashh 06-22-22 04:20 PM

With TMO I have never survived long enough to get a newer boat. That is why I enjoy TMO so much.

Interrogative...

I'll run the mod through my P-class, might get to a Sargo boat.

I always save before I enter port.

If I get to port and have the option for a new boat, say a Gato, I'll exit the game remove the aft gun mod, reload my save, then enter port and accept that Gato.

That should work.

Right?????

4H_Ccrashh 06-22-22 04:43 PM

EPIPHANY!!

Ok I had an epiphany..

I can go into the mod folder TMO_Aft_deckguns\Data\Submarine and REMOVE the Balao and Gato folders.

Then browse to the TMO_Aft_deckguns\Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData folder.

In there delete the UnitParts1Gato.upc and UnitParts3Balao.upc files.

That will make the mod only impact the Salmon/Sargo and Porpoise boats.

Leaving the rest of my career free of upgrade headaches.

Right????

UDT_Seal 06-23-22 11:22 AM

Download link seems to be not working. I tried to download it yesterday and mediafire link was dead

Mad Mardigan 06-23-22 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDT_Seal (Post 2815255)
Download link seems to be not working. I tried to download it yesterday and mediafire link was dead

In the interim, have it located here (as a back up source):

https://mega.nz/file/k5p1WLQD#_fm3NS...lwormRunzaKh3c

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Bubblehead1980 06-23-22 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDT_Seal (Post 2815255)

My apologies, thanks for letting me know. I thought the mod had been uploaded to subsim (requires admin since it is a large file) and was not aware link had expired.

I am out of town at the moment, do not have the mod on my laptop and remote access is not working out on the desktop I use solely for SH 4 modding and play. Thus, for now, I am using the link MM kindly posted.

The download has been updated and should now be able to download it. I have emailed Neal about uploading it to subsim for permanent storage.

UDT_Seal 06-23-22 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2815280)
In the interim, have it located here (as a back up source):

https://mega.nz/file/k5p1WLQD#_fm3NS...lwormRunzaKh3c

Thank you! I will try it when I get back home.

M. M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2815304)
My apologies, thanks for letting me know. I thought the mod had been uploaded to subsim (requires admin since it is a large file) and was not aware link had expired.

I am out of town at the moment, do not have the mod on my laptop and remote access is not working out on the desktop I use solely for SH 4 modding and play. Thus, for now, I am using the link MM kindly posted.

The download has been updated and should now be able to download it. I have emailed Neal about uploading it to subsim for permanent storage.

No worries! It’s all good.

Thanks for helping me out

Mad Mardigan 06-23-22 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDT_Seal (Post 2815307)
No worries! It’s all good.

Thanks for helping me out

:Kaleun_Cheers:

No sweat... enjoy.

Fair winds, smooth seas &... Good huntin'.! :arrgh!:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Rhodes 06-24-22 11:38 AM

From my last 2 missions, some oddities (do not know if i can call them bugs)

https://i.ibb.co/dpggMcD/SH4-Img-202...-42-12-780.png
New bow shape for easy parking!

https://i.ibb.co/qB9spVm/SH4-Img-202...-19-40-960.png
And someone unplugged the drain!

I notice that during my last mission, all my AA guns did not have any ammo to load and use them.

Could it be any error with AAtoDeckguns+Radio?

My mod list
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01
EAX_Clang_Splash
AAtoDeckguns+Radio
GatoLadder3
TMO Depth ChargeType2
V2.0 SubFix
TMO Sensors Patch

KaleunMarco 06-24-22 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 2815391)
I notice that during my last mission, all my AA guns did not have any ammo to load and use them.

too much target practice on the way to your patrol zone, eh.
tell the gunner mates to ease up a bit so that you have some ammo for the patrol.
:har:

Bubblehead1980 06-24-22 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 2815391)
From my last 2 missions, some oddities (do not know if i can call them bugs)

https://i.ibb.co/dpggMcD/SH4-Img-202...-42-12-780.png
New bow shape for easy parking!

https://i.ibb.co/qB9spVm/SH4-Img-202...-19-40-960.png
And someone unplugged the drain!

Could it be any error with AAtoDeckguns+Radio?

My mod list
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01
EAX_Clang_Splash
AAtoDeckguns+Radio
GatoLadder3
TMO Depth ChargeType2
V2.0 SubFix
TMO Sensors Patch

Harbor Traffic spawning/delete issue, I will check into sometime when back home. I am out of town through 4 July holiday

Yes, the AA gun to deck gun mod....thought I explained it in the README, may have been V1.0.

Due to limitations of game...have to follow steps and have limited way can use them.

1. Order GQ.

2. Place crew in the AA gun slots . Place crew in main deck gun slots

3. Click on the ammo icons in the gun station (to the right) to "load " the gun. The AI will not do this on their own. You can only do this when the guns are "active" i.e. when at gq and guns manned. Otherwise it will not load ammo and if hit the space bar will say "gun not active". This is because when the guns are changed to deck gun, they are linked. I've tried to fix it to act otherwise with no luck.

4. Make sure the main deck gun is manned.

5. Select target/order open fire.

Rhodes 06-25-22 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2815455)
too much target practice on the way to your patrol zone, eh.
tell the gunner mates to ease up a bit so that you have some ammo for the patrol.
:har:

Ah ah ah,very funny...:O::O::O:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2815473)
Harbor Traffic spawning/delete issue, I will check into sometime when back home. I am out of town through 4 July holiday

Yes, the AA gun to deck gun mod....thought I explained it in the README, may have been V1.0.

Due to limitations of game...have to follow steps and have limited way can use them.

1. Order GQ.

2. Place crew in the AA gun slots . Place crew in main deck gun slots

3. Click on the ammo icons in the gun station (to the right) to "load " the gun. The AI will not do this on their own. You can only do this when the guns are "active" i.e. when at gq and guns manned. Otherwise it will not load ammo and if hit the space bar will say "gun not active". This is because when the guns are changed to deck gun, they are linked. I've tried to fix it to act otherwise with no luck.

4. Make sure the main deck gun is manned.

5. Select target/order open fire.

I see, thanks. :up:

Captain Wreckless 07-03-22 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh (Post 2815157)
With TMO I have never survived long enough to get a newer boat. That is why I enjoy TMO so much.

Interrogative...

I'll run the mod through my P-class, might get to a Sargo boat.

I always save before I enter port.

If I get to port and have the option for a new boat, say a Gato, I'll exit the game remove the aft gun mod, reload my save, then enter port and accept that Gato.

That should work.

Right?????

Same here. I never survive past 2nd patrol.

StealthRabbit 07-14-22 08:13 PM

Thank you thank you thank you.

For the last 8 years or so I only play TMO. Even with the loss of RSRDC proper it should still be an improvement.

I really need to paruze (sp?) the boards some more. This has only been out a year and I am just now seeing/hearing about it for the first time.

On the bright side however that's a years worth of bugs and other little problems that have already been experienced and then fixed... more or less... so I should have a smoother gaming experience overall. Yea, that's it. Finding out about it a year after it came out is actually better... sure.

I am in the middle of a campaign now that I want to finish (on TMO Classic) before I do a fresh install of the New and Improved TMO. That means I will have plenty of time to read the crap out of all the readmes.

Thanks again for all the work. The drive and dedication of all the moders that have to keep going back and do endless bug-squashing, tweaking, and improving is really something. Different people like different challenges for different reasons I guess.

Thanks again again.
-BR