SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

Zinmar 09-13-22 04:46 PM

Thanks much! I'll delete the one out of the order and try out the one you suggested.

Rosco74 09-13-22 05:59 PM

Ah thanks I cannot remember the exact name but it was just 4 letters followed by the _CS and yes it was in the coast near Narvik so yes it makes sense, just don't know what was this name.

Slawisz82 10-17-22 12:17 PM

No ships picture in handbook

2 Attachment(s)
Hello

I'm playing in SH5 TWOS times to time. TWOS it's very good mod and great thanks for all mod's authors.
Everything worked fine until last updating windows 11.
Now I can't see any ships picture in my handbooks and any documents from user charts.

I checked in museum and there are ships pictures.

Have you any idea wat's happend?

Steam Version, TWOS 2.2.25
Windows 11.

Aktungbby 10-17-22 01:34 PM

Welcome aboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slawisz82 (Post 2833121)
grate thanks

Slawisz82!:Kaleun_Salute: damn that Polish/English translator...we know U meant "great thanks"!:know: A thing that "grates" tends to irritate??!:yep::oops: but then, there is always: "grateful thanks"!:O:

Slawisz82 10-17-22 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2833126)
Slawisz82!:Kaleun_Salute: damn that Polish/English translator...we know U meant "great thanks"!:know: A thing that "grates" tends to irritate??!:yep::oops: but then, there is always: "grateful thanks"!:O:

Hello Aktungbby

Thanks for your comment. I fixed my mistake.

sshtompell 10-25-22 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, help me fix the problem, the nights are too dark, nothing is visible.

GrenSo 10-26-22 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshtompell (Post 2834435)
Hello, help me fix the problem, the nights are too dark, nothing is visible.

What's your understanding of too dark?

The night on sea, without any light source is just dark.

sshtompell 10-27-22 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
nothing beyond the bow of the boat

GrenSo 10-28-22 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshtompell (Post 2834679)
nothing beyond the bow of the boat

The picture is a little too small to see anything on it. But from what I can see, it looks normal.
I see stars and the bow wave or the stern wave of a ship.

CJMars 11-09-22 08:20 PM

Incorrect Center wheel

1 Attachment(s)
I found a bug that, well, bugs me lol.

At the attack periscope helm station, the compass inner wheel is incorrect. I goes from 0 - 20 instead of 0 - 9 like the other inner compass wheels found throughout the boat.

See attachment screen capture

Onkel Neal 11-18-22 09:04 AM

smoog, can you repost? Your image url is showing your hard drive, you need to upload the image to the web then post that url

nikaga 11-20-22 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dear friends Hi!
Noticed this error:
Teleporting does not work properly if the boat is initially on the surface.
If you call the teleport panel and press any teleport button, then nothing happens, or you find yourself in place, and the boat runs forward.
In order for teleporting to work as it should, it is necessary to send the captain manually to the wheelhouse. After that, teleporting works as it should.

SH5 1.2.0
TWoS 2.2.25
HP ZBook Fury 15 G7(SSD 500Mb,HDD 2Tb,RAM 32Mb)
Windows 10 Pro,21H2,19044.2251
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

maillemaker 11-20-22 10:01 PM

1. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay/UConnect download, Steam, other) TWoS version?

Downloaded and installed 1.2.0 of SH5 from Steam on 11/19/2022.

2. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems

Yes, stock install worked fine.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe)

https://i.imgur.com/O5dYhy5.png

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!

https://i.imgur.com/8XaTbx4.png

6. JSGME screenshot!

https://i.imgur.com/uxFDxdR.png

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?

When the bunker screen finally comes up it does so very, very, very slowly (fading in from black). And then the performance and mouse movement is very slow.

I had this running with a previous version (1+ something) of TWOS some time ago no problem.

System is Intel Core-7 930 with 16 GB of RAM. GTX 960 graphics card. Windows 10 pro OS.

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.

nikaga 11-22-22 06:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Dear friends Hi!

Historical Mission
Noticed this error:
Teleporting does not work properly if the boat is initially on the surface.
If you call the teleport panel and press any teleport button, then nothing happens, or you find yourself in place, and the boat runs forward.
In order for teleporting to work as it should, it is necessary to send the captain manually to the wheelhouse. After that, teleporting works as it should.

Ubisoft Connect (last version)
SH5 1.2.0
TWoS 2.2.25
HP ZBook Fury 15 G7(SSD 500Mb,HDD 2Tb,RAM 32Mb)
AMD Radeon(TM) RX 5500M 4Gb
2560 x 1440
Windows 10 Pro,21H2,19044.2251
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

maillemaker 11-28-22 11:51 PM

So, evidently the TWOS v2 takes a lot more graphical horsepower than V1. Either that or my graphical settings were lower last time I ran this game and I forgot.

Anyway I replaced my ancient GTX-960 with a Radeon RX6600 and it's now smooth as butter.

Steve

Highbury 02-20-23 01:08 PM

Hello, I am having this error with a fresh Ubisoft Connect install.

https://iili.io/HG0aEVs.jpg

Everything else patches fine. You can see my install path is not in Program Files (x86). Being a direct download from UConnect it is v1.2.0. I also ran all executables as Administrator. I am not really sure what I am doing wrong.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, a search of this thread for SH5.exe didn't find anything.

propbeanie 02-20-23 01:46 PM

Try using THEBERBSTER's UPLAY Download Fix and then try patching again... Hopefully, that does it for you...

Highbury 02-20-23 03:25 PM

Thanks! That does sound like the problem.

Unfortunately the link just goes to a post that says "Spare" and has no actual download.

*Edit - I just bought it again on Steam for $10. It was the only thing I used UConnect for. Having that gone is worth the price. Install went perfectly.

propbeanie 02-21-23 05:59 PM

Ratz... sorry 'bout that. I wonder if it no longer does the job with the "new" UConnect... :hmmm: - my shtinking Steam install "sees" the Ubisoft install and still attempts to go through UConnect for "authorization... Don't have both versions on the same computer... lol :arrgh!:

Mon Homme 03-09-23 03:19 PM

Salut! Why are British destroyers participating in the Baltic operation? :o